• Man United

Votes: 41 87.2%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
“Isn’t acceptable, money like that…”?! Are you for real?!! To win trophies you typically need to spend a hundred times the amount they’ve so far, over extended time. They’ll get there because they’ve now unlimited resources. You sound like the angry entitled impatient type who rant on phone in-s, and you’re not even a Newcastle supporter! Not sure any of their fans would agree with a word you’re writing.
They have spent well over £200m, are you honestly saying you need to spend £20BILLION to win a League Cup? Really?? I couldn’t care less what Newcastle fans think. All the pre game hype and they get to a final and managed two shots on target one of which was a floaty header in injury time. It’s not about being entitled but it’s about a team performing better on the day, they completely froze.

I’ve supported Brighton for over forty years, the absolute opposite of entitled. However if we ever spent nearly a quarter of a billion on transfers and performed like in a final I would be annoyed .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They have spent well over £200m, are you honestly saying you need to spend £20BILLION to win a League Cup? Really?? I couldn’t care less what Newcastle fans think. All the pre game hype and they get to a final and managed two shots on target one of which was a floaty header in injury time. It’s not about being entitled but it’s about a team performing better on the day, they completely froze.

I’ve supported Brighton for over forty years, the absolute opposite of entitled. However if we ever spent nearly a quarter of a billion on transfers and performed like in a final I would be annoyed .
They didn’t completely freeze. Man Utd made it a hard game. Tailed off for sure towards end, perhaps naturally. Not sure where getting numbers from beyond making up £20billion as some wild stupid number, irrelevant anyway (see Chelsea). Point is Man U spent far more over many more seasons and have a deeper pool of talent currently ,were favourites going in with a rich run of form etc. They played better, doesn’t mean the geordies were poor, believed they’d win - you appear to have got a bone of contention about pre match hype. What hype? Excitement yes, and they had a good chance definitely. But Not one geordie I know or have heard believed they’d win. Hoped and wanted to, but that’s different. And I had breakfast with 6 of ‘em this morning and work in Newcastle too. Possibly a bit better placed than you to judging in a ranty TV way, with perhaps a bit of envy or bias too?!! :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It really annoyed me when I was listening to TalkSport in the car in the build up and heard some twat pundit/ ex player saying that Newcastle fans deserved to win this after all they had to put up with under Mike Ashley. I nearly phoned up to rant :lolol:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Glad Newcastle lost. Hopefully it will send them in a tailspin for the rest of the season so we can fly in above them.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
They didn’t completely freeze. Man Utd made it a hard game. Tailed off for sure towards end, perhaps naturally. Not sure where getting numbers from beyond making up £20billion as some wild stupid number, irrelevant anyway (see Chelsea). Point is Man U spent far more over many more seasons and have a deeper pool of talent currently ,were favourites going in with a rich run of form etc. They played better, doesn’t mean the geordies were poor, believed they’d win - you appear to have got a bone of contention about pre match hype. What hype? Excitement yes, and they had a good chance definitely. But Not one geordie I know or have heard believed they’d win. Hoped and wanted to, but that’s different. And I had breakfast with 6 of ‘em this morning and work in Newcastle too. Possibly a bit better placed than you to judging in a ranty TV way, with perhaps a bit of envy or bias too?!! :)
They have spent £200m as I stated. YOU stated they needed to spend 100 times that. 100 x £200m = £20 Billion. That ‘wild stupid number’ is YOUR number, not mine.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Glad Newcastle lost. Hopefully it will send them in a tailspin for the rest of the season so we can fly in above them.

That wasn't much of a game for the neutrals.

Happy for BDB to get to a final with his hometown club in a dream scenario.

But as for winning something? No. I'd prefer to see our players staying with us if they want to win something. Bollocks to the twits who have flit, chasing their dreams. Trossard and White, hmmmm. I'd rather see Citeh (or even ManUre) win the league than the Arse. Not so bothered about Spuds but if they do win anything Bissouma won't get a medal anyway because he won't have made the threshold number of appearances (and wouldn't feature in any final).

Maybe we are a bit of an orchid club - you can't just take our best specimens and plant them in the garden next to the prize-winning roses and hope for a floral display. They need a transparent pot, and the right type of nurturing.

Orchids.PNG

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
That wasn't much of a game for the neutrals.

Happy for BDB to get to a final with his hometown club in a dream scenario.

But as for winning something? No. I'd prefer to see our players staying with us if they want to win something. Bollocks to the twits who have flit, chasing their dreams. Trossard and White, hmmmm. I'd rather see Citeh (or even ManUre) win the league than the Arse. Not so bothered about Spuds but if they do win anything Bissouma won't get a medal anyway because he won't have made the threshold number of appearances (and wouldn't feature in any final).

Maybe we are a bit of an orchid club - you can't just take our best specimens and plant them in the garden next to the prize-winning roses and hope for a floral display. They need a transparent pot, and the right type of nurturing.

View attachment 157662
The Japanese knot weed we have shifted recently has had the desired impact at the flower show

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Plus the money they spent under Ashley, which they bitched about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here