Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Manchester Utd v Arsenal meh thread.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Annoys me listening to Danny Murphy trying to tell us that it's only "by the letter of the law" that he's got a second yellow there, as if it's some sort of unfortunate technicality. I'm fed up with watching players abuse referees, and it's absolutely the correct decision.
No thumbs up so had to reply to say thumbs up

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Murphy is now back pedalling faster than a uni cyclist in a circus!!!
Wonder if some one from the BEEB had a quiet word in his ear?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Murphy is now back pedalling faster than a uni cyclist in a circus!!!
Wonder if some one from the BEEB had a quiet word in his ear?

Or maybe he- unlike the referee who he likes to moan about- has the benefit of copious replays from multiple angles to assist him in coming to his conclusion...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Annoys me listening to Danny Murphy trying to tell us that it's only "by the letter of the law" that he's got a second yellow there, as if it's some sort of unfortunate technicality. I'm fed up with watching players abuse referees, and it's absolutely the correct decision.

FIFA should introduce a rule where a player can be booked for merely raising his voice in a vaguely aggressive manner at the ref

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good call ref... Looks like he knows Fergies gone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Man Utd 'Official Partners with Tom Daley'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That is a very sensible answer. Ruined my image of frantic conversations in ear pieces!

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC had a word with the producer though. Can't be good for the game to have kids watching whilst players manhandle the referee, and then an ex player defending it.

Also made me chuckle when Martin Keown said something about "I'm an Arsenal player, for Christ's sake" at half time. Not sure that's the official BBC sanctioned description of his position :lol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Pundits should be locked in a sound proofed box and marooned under the sea.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apropos of nothing, does anybody else have this suspicion that Olivier Giroud is, deep down, a bit of a cock?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The next Tuesday Club Podcast will be lively Alan Davies won't be holding back on this Utd performance.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Also made me chuckle when Martin Keown said something about "I'm an Arsenal player, for Christ's sake" at half time. Not sure that's the official BBC sanctioned description of his position :lol:
But Keown never actually played football for anyone - even us. He mainly ran around kicking people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here