The OFFICIAL *** Maggie Funeral Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Some disgusting stuff on this thread already that I'll be treating properly when I'm not at work.

I suggest that anyone who wishess to continue to use NSC thinks long and hard about what they post.

I personally find your comment the most disgusting of all.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Having a cap applied you mean, so they don't earn more being out of work than the country's average wage..... and there is no cap if you are on disability benefits or if you are actually in work of some sort....... surely that's right and proper......... no reply needed, this is the funeral thread.

Well said

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Any left-leaning NSC types may want to remember Robert Tressell today instead.

The man's book The Ragged Trousered Philanthtopists inspired the British Labour movement and was based in Hastings.

Buried in a pauper's grave along with 12 others.

Today would have been his birthday.

Blog on him HERE

I have a well read dogeared copy on my bookcase
its a good read and shows what a working mans life was like
some of the practices used then still existed well into the 60's
and some although well disguised are still in use now

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I would say because it may suppress the freedom of speech aspect to the site. Bozza is right that there are some unacceptable comments i.e. filth etc. but equally people should be allowed to put across the point of view that the woman wasn't liked and damaged the country. I think perhaps the emboldened text etc sends out a bit of a big brother message.

My plea to Bozza would be don't act in haste. You've got a great community here and hats off to you. Much better to PM certain people than publicly chastise. Although I understand that with weight of numbers that isn't always possible.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I would say because it may suppress the freedom of speech aspect to the site. Bozza is right that there are some unacceptable comments i.e. filth etc. but equally people should be allowed to put across the point of view that the woman wasn't liked and damaged the country. I think perhaps the emboldened text etc sends out a bit of a big brother message.

My plea to Bozza would be don't act in haste. You've got a great community here and hats off to you. Much better to PM certain people that publicly chastise. Although I understand that with weight of numbers that isn't always possible.

a very sensible post

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just been up to Fleet Street to watch the coffin come past.

ALLOT more people there than for the Olympic Parade. Make of that what you will.

Very respectful though not one visible/audible protester.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fleet Street.....ALLOT more people there than for the Olympic Parade. Make of that what you will.

What were they doing? Cheering or spitting?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

My plea to Bozza would be don't act in haste. You've got a great community here and hats off to you. Much better to PM certain people than publicly chastise. Although I understand that with weight of numbers that isn't always possible.

A decent post, however no one has the right of freedom of speech on NSC.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I should imagine the point being, that it should be possible to have a difference of opinion without resorting to the sort of bile usually expressed.
Any way, well done the Pall Bearers. A very difficult job carried out extremely well.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I agree with the freedom of speech aspect. However, Thatcher haters have had 23 years to slag her off and will have the rest of their lives to slag her off too. Today she is being buried and I believe that this deserves respect, and I would say that for anyone's funeral, not just hers.

The best policy on a day like this is if you don't have anything nice to say about her today, don't say anything at all.

This is not a dig at you, by the way.

What were they doing? Cheering or spitting?

Doing yourself a disservice here Herr Tubthumper. We all know your views on Thatcher, you've made them clear many times but any chance you could stop "virtual" shouting them in our face today?

Or start a new thread?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You are so typical of the mad-eyed, mouth-frothing, better-dead-than-red, ragingly paranoid little Englander Tory that Thatcherism inspired. Your numbers are hugely reduced, but there are clearly a few of you left, seething and spewing your hate and bile on anything and everything that does not agree with your warped worldview.

You have my pity.

Wow - talk about pot, kettle and black !

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I agree with the freedom of speech aspect. However, Thatcher haters have had 23 years to slag her off and will have the rest of their lives to slag her off too. Today she is being buried and I believe that this deserves respect, and I would say that for anyone's funeral, not just hers.

The best policy on a day like this is if you don't have anything nice to say about her today, don't say anything at all.

This is not a dig at you, by the way.

Fair point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports