Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Any left-leaning NSC types may want to remember Robert Tressell today instead.

The man's book The Ragged Trousered Philanthtopists inspired the British Labour movement and was based in Hastings.

Buried in a pauper's grave along with 12 others.

Today would have been his birthday.

Blog on him HERE

The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists is FREE on Kindle too, no excuse not to read it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
In a week when some folk are having their benefits cut I suppose they can reflect on the thought that they are helping to defray funeral expenses.

This was a truly despicable woman,but her funeral should be respected if only for the family.

Pity is,it's forty years too late.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In a week when some folk are having their benefits cut I suppose they can reflect on the thought that they are helping to defray funeral expenses.

This was a truly despicable woman,but her funeral should be respected if only for the family.Pity is,it's forty years too late.

And of course, her children are such nice people. I blame the parents.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well clearly the British people liked Carol enough to vote here "Queen of the Jungle"! So yes, Maggie must have done well with her, even with such a busy schedule having to put the unions in their place.

I bet her mum was proud.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Im not fussed either way, but I would like to see them drop the coffin and her body to roll down the steps of St.Pauls. Just for the good TV really.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To be fair, if it was up to her, I suspect she would have done.

I very much doubt that. If that had been her final wish then that would have been what happened. i think the fact that she asked that there be no official fly past is rather telling of what she expected.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Marvelous woman, did so much for the country, her legacy was never in doubt. I really can't understand how any misinformed people could ever misunderstand that all her actions were only for the benefit of our country.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Any left-leaning NSC types may want to remember Robert Tressell today instead.

The man's book The Ragged Trousered Philanthtopists inspired the British Labour movement and was based in Hastings.

Buried in a pauper's grave along with 12 others.

Today would have been his birthday.

Blog on him HERE

Typo: ended - ending
Sp: 'train fare'

:thumbsup:

edit - and 'overriding' doesn't need a hyphen.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I dread to think. And certainly would not win a dare to find out - even when she was alive. What has it got to do with her role as PM by the way?

Nothing. Like I say, I have no view either way. They have not covered this on the BBC yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here