The OFFICIAL *** Maggie Funeral Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Marvelous woman, did so much for the country, her legacy was never in doubt. I really can't understand how any misinformed people could ever misunderstand that all her actions were only for the benefit of our country.

I agree. Not only that, even if you do not accept that they were the correct policies, how could anyone even think for one minute they were not intended to be for the good of the people she worked to hard for. As you say - misinformed and misunderstood.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I agree. Not only that, even if you do not accept that they were the correct policies, how could anyone even think for one minute they were not intended to be for the good of the people she worked to hard for. As you say - misinformed and misunderstood.

I was only joking, sadly, you were not.

Flex Your Head

Show some respect you retard!
That's rich coming from someone who has publicly stated that they hope to see some peaceful protesters killed today.

You are so typical of the mad-eyed, mouth-frothing, better-dead-than-red, ragingly paranoid little Englander Tory that Thatcherism inspired. Your numbers are hugely reduced, but there are clearly a few of you left, seething and spewing your hate and bile on anything and everything that does not agree with your warped worldview.

You have my pity.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Any left-leaning NSC types may want to remember Robert Tressell today instead.

The man's book The Ragged Trousered Philanthtopists inspired the British Labour movement and was based in Hastings.

Buried in a pauper's grave along with 12 others.

Today would have been his birthday.

Blog on him HERE

Read it last summer. Thoroughly good read - hard hitting and also incredibly funny in places

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Marvelous woman, did so much for the country, her legacy was never in doubt. I really can't understand how any misinformed people could ever misunderstand that all her actions were only for the benefit of our country.

NOT this. I go along with the Roy Hattersley view, that he admired her dedication, her hard work, her sticking to her principles, while disagreeing with just about everything she did.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some disgusting stuff on this thread already that I'll be treating properly when I'm not at work.

I suggest that anyone who wishess to continue to use NSC thinks long and hard about what they post.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Bozza is right. The thought of Maggie's beaver has made me sick - Mark Thatcher came out of that.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Some of the comments on this thread are an utter embarrassment.

I absolutely agree with you.

However, I suspect we would disagree about which of the comments are the embarrassing ones.

Personally, the ones I find most cringeworthy are the "disgusted of Hove (or wherever)" types shouting "show some respect", especially when, if you look at their posting record they often have a history of highly disrespectful and even abusive posts towards other Albion posters.

As I've said before on here I find it really difficult to understand why I should show respect towards the decomposing corpse of someone I didn't know personally, but whose policies, attitudes, and actions during her life as public figure, I totally despised. Her death simply reminds many of us of how awful we thought she was in life, and how toxic her legacy still is. Disrupting what amounts to an inappropriate state funeral for such a person, doesn't seem too outrageous to me, I confess.

However, I do respect your right to take a different view.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This isn't a funeral it's a thoroughly distasteful political event which is outrageously being funded by the taxpayer. It is beyond parody that such a divisive figure gets such a national send off.

Great leaders unify their country and bring people together with a shared sense of purpose, Thatcher did the exact opposite.

Her funeral should be a private one, for family, friends and colleagues who wish to remember, not some tawdry over-the-top triumphalist spectacle.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I absolutely agree with you.

However, I suspect we would disagree about which of the comments are the embarrassing ones.

Personally, the ones I find most cringeworthy are the "disgusted of Hove (or wherever)" types shouting "show some respect", especially when, if you look at their posting record they often have a history of highly disrespectful and even abusive posts towards other Albion posters.

As I've said before on here I find it really difficult to understand why I should show respect towards the decomposing corpse of someone I didn't know personally, but whose policies, attitudes, and actions during her life as public figure, I totally despised. Her death simply reminds many of us of how awful we thought she was in life, and how toxic her legacy still is. Disrupting what amounts to an inappropriate state funeral for such a person, doesn't seem too outrageous to me, I confess.

However, I do respect your right to take a different view.

Correct

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This isn't a funeral it's a thoroughly distasteful political event which is outrageously being funded by the taxpayer. It is beyond parody that such a divisive figure gets such a national send off.

Great leaders unify their country and bring people together with a shared sense of purpose, Thatcher did the exact opposite.

Her funeral should be a private one, for family, friends and colleagues who wish to remember, not some tawdry over-the-top triumphalist spectacle.

Totally agree. The government should be ashamed of themselves. A quiet private family affair would have been much more dignified instead of spunking millions of money the UK does not have on someone a sizeable number of people seriously dislike.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
In a week when some folk are having their benefits cut......

Having a cap applied you mean, so they don't earn more being out of work than the country's average wage..... and there is no cap if you are on disability benefits or if you are actually in work of some sort....... surely that's right and proper......... no reply needed, this is the funeral thread.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I won't be disrespectful to the 53rd best prime minister we've ever had, but Frankie Boyle's twitter feed is very amusing today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports