Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** The Official ‘Last Day of the Window’ Jan ‘22 Special Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How can anyone think we've not made progress this season? We've been top half of the table for the vast majority of the season. :shrug:

Oh there are a few who think we should be doing better than we are, sadly that TB chap is not digging deep enough into his pockets it seems. We should be spending all incoming money on that elusive striker

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Comments from the BBC transfer site.

#1 Steve: We need to sign a good striker who is consistent and established. The club NEED another Glen Murray, but established quality strikers are rare and expensive. If £30m of Ben White's fee had funded a new quality striker, we would have made progress, instead of languishing with inconsistent Maupay and injury-prone Welbeck, who fail to deliver.

"Languishing" in 9th place.

What a buffoon.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Looks like being a fascinating rest of season around the bottom of the table.....Toon strengthening and now Burnley, and Everton relying on Frank who's got no experience at all of a relegation scrap..................really can't see Newcastle going down with what they have (amusing as it would be if they did).................

I believe the last time they went down, it was the most expensively assembled squad ever relegated, not sure if it still is, but I suspect so.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
"Arsenal are surprised Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has arrived in Barcelona before a deal has been agreed, Sky Sports News has been told."

:lolol: What a plum.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Looks like Longman is now a permanent Hull signing, for £700k, I expect a sell on percentage at that price.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Looks like Longman is now a permanent Hull signing, for £700k, I expect a sell on percentage at that price.

I expect there will be something there. But good that we're prepared to let the lads who are not quite at PL level at this stage move on to get on with their careers.

Perception of the pathway is everything to our youth model

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dele Alli to Everton for £30m :ohmy:

God signing for both parties, Everton have a huge amount of attacking talent now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dele Alli to Everton for £30m :ohmy:

God signing for both parties, Everton have a huge amount of attacking talent now.

It’s now being reported that he has gone to Everton on a FREE but with some substantial add on payments being made if Alli meets a number of appearance and performance targets.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Weghorst to Burnley is a shite signing for them.

Real one trick pony and might score 2-3 headers but ultimately not good enough for the PL.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Weghorst to Burnley is a shite signing for them.

Real one trick pony and might score 2-3 headers but ultimately not good enough for the PL.

15+ goals in each of the last 3 Bundesliga seasons. Why won’t he repeat at least half of this in the EPL? (genuine question, not seen a lot of him).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I see that Wout Weghorst (or Gout Work-Horse with the English translation), a 29 year old Dutch bean-pole from the Bundesliga is having a medical at Burnley.

The spectacular thing is that he has scored 15+ goals in each of the last three Bundesliga seasons, he could be better than Wood who’d been fairly average for Burnley this term.

I didn’t think Burnley had the pulling power?

[tweet]1488104351897849856[/tweet]

Great video though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
15+ goals in each of the last 3 Bundesliga seasons. Why won’t he repeat at least half of this in the EPL? (genuine question, not seen a lot of him).

Slow, poor technique... just generally poor. The PL is less open than the Bundesliga and Weghorst wont have time & space to get into the right positions and he really needs service because he cant do anything on his own. Really dont think it is going to work out.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Slow, poor technique... just generally poor. The PL is less open than the Bundesliga and Weghorst wont have time & space to get into the right positions and he really needs service because he cant do anything on his own. Really dont think it is going to work out.
Maybe Cornet will be that man to give him some service :shrug:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I like Tolaj seen him quite a bit in the U23s since he joined and a loan is deserved and very good for us and Cambridge, he's a absolute machine and runs for fun, hopefully with a little bit more directness of play he will get on the end of a few.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I see that Wout Weghorst (or Gout Work-Horse with the English translation), a 29 year old Dutch bean-pole from the Bundesliga is having a medical at Burnley.

The spectacular thing is that he has scored 15+ goals in each of the last three Bundesliga seasons, he could be better than Wood who’d been fairly average for Burnley this term.

I didn’t think Burnley had the pulling power?

I see what you did there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here