Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official I Love Scotland, Scots and Scotch thread…(PLEASE IGNORE SCOTLAND BASHERS!)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Spent 3 years at Faslane which is just outside Helensburgh, they hated us back then in the late 70's and they still hate us now

Seven day summers and freezing cold winters with serious amounts of snow

I would personally volunteer to rebuild that wall !!!

A lot of lost jobs there is they vote Yes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There is some beautiful places in Scotland no doubts, as there is in most countries.

But why should we love Scotland? Most of the Scots despise the English for no apparent reason other than we are better than them at pretty much everything imaginable.

It is just a cultural stereotype dating back hundreds if not thousands of years. Most Scots don't despise the English at all other than the odd remark about hoping our football team loses.

Better than everything imaginable I assume excludes Tennis, Football management, Track Cycling, Motor Racing…….and making world changing discoveries like the Steam Engine, Telephone, Bicycle, Penicillin, Radar, Tarmac, the TV….

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I really lovely everything about Scotland too. Apart from some of them having a narrow minded hatred of the English.

Scotland is a beautiful country it's just a shame it is inhabited by Scotch people.

image.jpg

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The Outer Hebrides mean I forgive anything else. Beaches often voted top 3 in the world. Really rather special. Time to go back again.

image.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is some beautiful places in Scotland no doubts, as there is in most countries.

But why should we love Scotland? Most of the Scots despise the English for no apparent reason other than we are better than them at pretty much everything imaginable.

The vast majority of Scots I have met have never shown any sort of dislike for England, certainly no further than the regional banter one partakes in. That includes numerous Scots at the Borders Common Riding, an annual horse riding/beer guzzling/whisky drinking few days to remember the fallen of the Battle of Flodden (against the English).

My close Scottish friends have all voted 'No'.

Scotland is a wonderful country and I have found the people (granted, I've not met them all) to be most welcoming.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The Scots have always been leaders. They have been prominent in most British cabinets in my memory. I must admit to a certain amount of irritation at this. There seemed to be Scots in all the major Offices of State. Brown as Chancellor. Cook at the Foreign Office, they seemed to punch above their weight IMO. Blair had a Scottish education ffs.

I think they could be leading us again, this time in the right direction. More devolved powers away from the centralisation of Westminster. This has to be a good thing as long as it is democratically devolved. I think I mean by that, Proportional Representation. That is another whole can of worms.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

What a ridiculous generalisation. The ones who do dislike the English are usually the loud mouth bores. Same as in any country really. And then, you only have to read the comments of some of our loud mouth bores re: the Scottish to see it's hardly a one way street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here