Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Huddersfield v ALBION thread

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
I think tonight was the kick up the arse that we needed.
Full speed ahead to Swindon, Leeds and Forrest 7 points out of those 3!
I dont know what has brought on the confidence tonight, but i have a good feeling!:lolol:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In one way I am happy that at least Town have halted the slide and that result will hopefully keep them in this division, on the other hand we could have done with the 3 points.

I think a lot of people hoped Town would be there for the taking, but as we all know this division is not like that at all.....who would have thought we would beat Walsall for example.

I think its just one of them things and we move on.

I just hope the browd will not suffer on Saturday, especially a sits supposed to be a crap day!!!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why o why do we always seem to blow it, after we get one of the best results we could against Donny we now lose at Huddersfield! Great, we could have been 5th now

That's just how we fans always se it, but in truth you'd have said the same if we'd lost last Saturday against Donny, having just had a great win at Walsall.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
In one way I am happy that at least Town have halted the slide and that result will hopefully keep them in this division, on the other hand we could have done with the 3 points.

I think a lot of people hoped Town would be there for the taking, but as we all know this division is not like that at all.....who would have thought we would beat Walsall for example.

I think its just one of them things and we move on.

I just hope the browd will not suffer on Saturday, especially a sits supposed to be a crap day!!!!

think its important if we can to get in at least 1 quailty loan player in by then

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Yeah if El-abds injury is serious then we need to get in a decent defender!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sounds like it could be medial ligament damage for El-Abd. That would be a massive blow.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Any ideas of anyone available we could get in?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
My brother, who is CLEARLY not BIASED enough , rang me amd says that the ball did NOT cross the line, that their pen WAS fair enough, and that our pen was soft! :eek:

Sounds about right to me.

With the exception of Mayo & Kuipers, total, total turd.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I met an old friend before the game who is a Huddersfield season ticket holder. She sent me a text afterwards saying she couldn't believe that game. She was astonished that they'd won.
Elphick had to change his shirt and shorts twice from all the blood from his broken nose. El Abd's injury looked dreadful and the ref allowed play to go for what seemed ages before he noticed him.
The ref really should have got a grip on the game before everyone was hacked down but he was weak and bottled it.
The pitch was awful (mixture of plastic and grass) and the ball bobbled all over the place.
We played much better in the second half but during the pressure we piled on we just couldn't put the ball away. Our penalty was a fair shout but it seemed their player had already passed the ball before he went down. Perhaps the ref felt he had to even things up. :jester:
I thought the ball crossed the line when the keeper smothered it but looked over to the linesman who wasn't interested at all.
I was disappointed with the result but even more with the injury to El Abd. That's two key players out in two games and we can't ill afford it if we want to get any higher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here