The Official Horse Tipping thread.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'll pop 1 in
Madame Lilibet
2.55 carlisle
Followed the horse before. 2 wins in the Autumn mean she is top weight today but this is defiantly a lower class than her 4th last time out in heavy going.
At 11/1 currently and appearing to be drifting I am on it today 15e/w

I dislike Monday racing as there are often some odd results (conspiracy!!), but I think there are a few interesting ones today at Wolves that I have had a bet on:

3.05 - Soluble - the only one of these with any fancy entries. have to take on trust that he is ready first time out though.
3.40 - Walk like a Giant - Appleby stable is flying at the moment. This one is down in grade after finishing 2nd last time out.
4.40 - The Blue Dog - Down in grade, and below last winning mark. Course and distance winner, with regular jockey back on board.
5.10 - Exentricity - This horse finished only a length and half behind Tiggy Wiggy (now rated 117) and was tried in a couple of Listed races last summer. This is a maiden, and the horse is up against two Godolphin horses, one of which finished a length ahead of it last time out. However off level weights and over a furlong further, I think this one is worth a dabble given the current odds... Also its the jockeys only ride of the day...

So no inside info, just my fancies. Good luck to all

Didn't play myself but well done both :moo:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Lean on Pete in the 2.30 at Wolves tomorrow went close off 5 pounds higher and headgear back... 11/1 bet365 win only

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Always tipsy 3.55 weatherby
Currently 9/1
Will be going off as top weight but is good value at that price. Was a winner for me last time out and placed in all 4 before that. I am on 15e/w on it.

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
2 from 4 yesterday (and a second place also), so not too bad. A few fancies for today:

Surtee du Berlais (Wetherby 4.25) - promising 2nd on debut, neck behind a horse that went onto win a Listed race next time out, with the third then finishing 2nd in that same subsequent race. SdB then found 1m 6f too short last time. Hopefully the presence of McCoy on Swinbank debutant in opposition (Ten Trees) will keep the price about SdB reasonable.

La Sacre (Taunton 3.10) - Has been getting better in recent Chase starts, and is down in Grade in this. He won off 125 over hurdles, and is today racing off 117 so could be well handicapped on that old hurdles form.

Bond Fastrac (Wolves 4.35) - Drop back into selling company will help, and an obvious chance at the weights. I think around 5/2 is fair value considering he should only have Ocean Legend to beat (and that horse struggled on the new Tapeta surface last time here at Wolves, being beaten over 20 lengths)

One last one, Fox Norton ((3.45 Taunton). This horse is lightly raced, and won a Grade 2 hurdle race on second start at end of 2013. Since then has only raced in much Class 1 races (Grade 1 and 2), and now drops down a level to Class 2. Noel Fehily is booked for the ride, who has form figures of 2,1,3 when riding this horse. Dell Arca is the main threat in my view, as it has a similar profile, but is not as unexposed as Fox Norton. 7/1 seems more than reasonable!!

Good luck peeps!!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
2 from 4 yesterday (and a second place also), so not too bad. A few fancies for today:

Surtee du Berlais (Wetherby 4.25) - promising 2nd on debut, neck behind a horse that went onto win a Listed race next time out, with the third then finishing 2nd in that same subsequent race. SdB then found 1m 6f too short last time. Hopefully the presence of McCoy on Swinbank debutant in opposition (Ten Trees) will keep the price about SdB reasonable.

La Sacre (Taunton 3.10) - Has been getting better in recent Chase starts, and is down in Grade in this. He won off 125 over hurdles, and is today racing off 117 so could be well handicapped on that old hurdles form.

Bond Fastrac (Wolves 4.35) - Drop back into selling company will help, and an obvious chance at the weights. I think around 5/2 is fair value considering he should only have Ocean Legend to beat (and that horse struggled on the new Tapeta surface last time here at Wolves, being beaten over 20 lengths)

One last one, Fox Norton ((3.45 Taunton). This horse is lightly raced, and won a Grade 2 hurdle race on second start at end of 2013. Since then has only raced in much Class 1 races (Grade 1 and 2), and now drops down a level to Class 2. Noel Fehily is booked for the ride, who has form figures of 2,1,3 when riding this horse. Dell Arca is the main threat in my view, as it has a similar profile, but is not as unexposed as Fox Norton. 7/1 seems more than reasonable!!

Good luck peeps!!

Some good work there again today. Not managed to have a good look today but did manage to get £10 on Fox Norton at 7/1 earlier so thanks :thumbsup:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
The third man in the 18.10 at Kempton tomorrow... lost by 4 1/4 lengths in first run after 7 month absence, step up in trip should suit, 1st time headgear and jockey's only ride of the evening. Got 11s early doors 9/1 available on 365 win only again.

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
50% success rate so far (four winners and three 2nd places), so not too bad.

There are few obvious favs that should win today (Devilment and paint the Clouds for instance), but my bets for today are:

Saffire Song (5.40 Kempton) - the horse is rated 57, and won this time last year off 58 and 66. Fanning is back on board, and the horse could be coming back into form having finished a 2.5 length third last time out.

Run to the Rhythm (4.55 Doncaster) - this one is purely speculative. The horse entered up in the Spring Sales bumper at Newbury in March, and has Noel Fehily up on his debut. Its a big price (about 20/1), but I think a little each way bet is reasonable in a race of unknowns.

Toast of New York (3.35 Lingfield) - George baker is only at Lingers for 2 rides, and I think this horse could be the main reason. The trainer has a good chance in this race with 3 horses entered, and Toast is fairly unexposed, and better off at the weights with his stable mate than when being beaten into second by less than a length last time out. Today could be his turn to win.

Shoegazer (3.25 Doncaster) - Another speculative one... This horse was off from Aug 2013 until just before Christmas 2014. On his two runs back he was pulled up, but both were over inadequate trips and in heavy going. The horse has previously run best on good or soft ground, which he gets today. Also he is back up in trip, which will suit. His last two wins (admittedly in 2012 and 2013) were off marks of 135 and 144, and today he could therefore be well handicapped off 135.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Been a bit of money for Tony Bloom's horse AACHEN in 3.25 at Donny, not a punt on the scale the last time it won though.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
One more, Darrell Rivers in the 16.35 at Lingfield, trainer very happy with it's progression, I personally rate it lower than the favorite, Rialto Magic, but I think it's worth a bet at 8/1.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
One more, Darrell Rivers in the 16.35 at Lingfield, trainer very happy with it's progression, I personally rate it lower than the favorite, Rialto Magic, but I think it's worth a bet at 8/1.

Just seen a replay of the race, can't believe Morris has won by that distance. Selection was well held nonetheless.

Small L15 in the last 4 races at Kempton

Thundering Home 18.40
Salvatore Fury 19.10
Sharp Sailor 19.40
Miami Gator 20.10

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
The third man in the 18.10 at Kempton tomorrow... lost by 4 1/4 lengths in first run after 7 month absence, step up in trip should suit, 1st time headgear and jockey's only ride of the evening. Got 11s early doors 9/1 available on 365 win only again.

Horrific ride there, was in a poor position on the home turn and went for home way too late. Perils of backing win only.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] is being ridden by Hayley Turner in the Southwell 2.40 :ohmy:

I'm backing WINN LILY in the race purely on sire stats.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Forgot about this thread, backing three at Chelmsford Packed House @ 4/1 (18.40), Arrowzone @ 7/1 (19.10) and Mishaal @ 3/1 (20.10) have all 3 with big chances even tried a treble @ 159/1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here