Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The *official* Dick Knight "Mad Man" book thread

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Legally, as I understand it, the various parties involved are not allowed to talk about Dean Wilkins sacking...

That's convenient.

As I recall he just told his cronies that there was something wrong with the poor bloke and let that leak out. Most shocking sacking the club has had since Chris Cattlin.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pretty shocking stuff, tbh.

"Weeping we knotted our bodies together, caressing and hushing each other, until we both must have slept, to awake it seemed many hours later, and gaze at each other in mute wonderment. ‘F*ck,’ she said, sitting up. ‘What the f*ck time is it?’ Have we missed the coach to Lincoln?!"

I've just dropped me tea

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
just read the free sample of tights book from amazon. What a crock of shit. Failed to mention his Arsenal season ticket he had for years before he became chairman. thank god for Tony Bloom.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I've read the last three chapters as I figured they would be the most interesting as it covers him standing aside for Tony Bloom etc.

Not going to put any spoilers on here as I am sure a lot of people will be looking forward to reading it. But the process of Knight handing over to Bloom was pretty interesting in how it was handled and how Knight wanted it handling.

I'm halfway through reading the book, up to the point where we move into Withdean. Nothing contentious so far but very interesting to get Dicks recollection or the Archer business. No doubt Archer would tell it differently but it's Dick's book so we get his take on things.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Few more pennies for Bozza - just downloaded kindle version from the link

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Can we have a spoilers thread with bulletpointed highlights please?

We knew all the juicy bits of Fergie's books within minutes of release - and that didn't harm sales too much.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Does he mention that Steve Coppell wanted to stay as Brighton manager but all Dick was interested in was the Compensation, and not the managers Loyalties to Brighton (FACT)

And people wondered if it was his best interests in remaining in control or the clubs best interests in retaining a talented manager ? I wonder how many goals Leon Knight would have scored if Coppell had stayed and how much he would have been worth ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Does he mention that Steve Coppell wanted to stay as Brighton manager but all Dick was interested in was the Compensation, and not the managers Loyalties to Brighton (FACT)

I stand to be corrected but wasn't this mentioned on the Withdean Years dvd? Reading made us an offer we couldn't refuse. At the time we had money at all so effectively we had to sell our manager.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd like to think he's got it stocked on the counter of his local BP garage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here