Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The *official* Dick Knight "Mad Man" book thread

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He's at City Books Saturday lunchtime doing a signing ..... I'm working in The Coopers if anyone fancies a pint

That's very kind of you, might have a few mates and the missus in tow, very generous of you!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My order details have been updated to show expected delivery is now next Monday to Wednesday :rant:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wonder how many times he says "I got it wrong"

I'm fascinated to see how he justifies Dean Wilkins sacking.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Picked up a copy at Waterstones North Street earlier today, he is there on Saturday for signings.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Ordered it for £12.90 on-line (inc post). Looking forward to reading it, but I think it's a bit of a rip off charging £8 for one of the personal appearances he's putting in over the next week.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ordered it for £12.90 on-line (inc post). Looking forward to reading it, but I think it's a bit of a rip off charging £8 for one of the personal appearances he's putting in over the next week.

You can blame City Books for that. It seems to be the standard charge they make for most of their events.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I liked the bit where he said

"Chris Iwelumo surged into the box and went over an outstretched leg, the ref pointed to the spot. Penalty, nine minutes to go, in the play-off final. Mark McGhee immediately told me to take off my tracksuit and brought off Leon Knight, as it needed a man cooler than a strawberry Mivvi to take this opportunity. I trotted onto the pitch, put the ball on the spot, the Bristol City keeper tried mind games, but no one messes with DK. A four step run up, slotted it into the corner, turned to the 32,000 delirious Albion fans and ripped off my shirt as I let out a primal scream of delight"

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty shocking stuff, tbh.

"Weeping we knotted our bodies together, caressing and hushing each other, until we both must have slept, to awake it seemed many hours later, and gaze at each other in mute wonderment. ‘F*ck,’ she said, sitting up. ‘What the f*ck time is it?’ Have we missed the coach to Lincoln?!"

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Pretty shocking stuff, tbh.

"Weeping we knotted our bodies together, caressing and hushing each other, until we both must have slept, to awake it seemed many hours later, and gaze at each other in mute wonderment. ‘F*ck,’ she said, sitting up. ‘What the f*ck time is it?’ Have we missed the coach to Lincoln?!"

Very, very good.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I wonder how many times he says "I got it wrong"

I'm fascinated to see how he justifies Dean Wilkins sacking.
Simple, he can't, but it will be very interesting to see what spin he puts on it. I'd also be interested if he puts his true thought on Poyet in it!!!!!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Legally, as I understand it, the various parties involved are not allowed to talk about Dean Wilkins sacking...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here