Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The official AND ONLY 'Albion players arrested' thread ****

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
But they are no more than that at this stage ... allegations!

They could be made against anyone at any time, without there being a shred of truth in them, and the problem is how that will inevitably lead to a strain on someones charater regardless of what happens now.

At the moment I feel VERY sorry for those players, BUT, if guilt is proved, my feelings will change rather dramatically. For now though, they are absolutely INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. We do get that right in this country at least, even if we don't protect those who are accused on that basis.

well written

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
But they are no more than that at this stage ... allegations!

They could be made against anyone at any time, without there being a shred of truth in them, and the problem is how that will inevitably lead to a strain on someones charater regardless of what happens now.

At the moment I feel VERY sorry for those players, BUT, if guilt is proved, my feelings will change rather dramatically. For now though, they are absolutely INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. We do get that right in this country at least, even if we don't protect those who are accused on that basis.

This

All alleged crimes of this nature can have a devastating effect on the men involved & their families, even after they are found to be completely innocent. I really do feel that in all cases someone should only be named when charged. As has been said before, even some witnesses are arrested so they can’t collude with other witnesses & make up alibis for their friends. I accept there are website where the public speculate but these sites should be better policed by those who control them, just as NSC has done. Cases like this are very difficult for all involved without the press making it worse, my heart goes out to ALL involved.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is exactly how I feel, and have felt since first hearing the news yesterday. Whatever the outcome this will take a long time to blow over. Sad days when pretty much everything else was progressing so well.

I'm just glad from a playing point of view the only real first teamer this season there is Dunk. Obviously Tommy is / will be a 1st team squad member regularly when he's fit assuming all this is cleared up. But yes - very unwarrented and I beleive certain people have and will lie - and that is / will damaging the club... I'm sure / hope ala the Leicester one like this a few yrs ago, it will all get forgottwen in time...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
I feel when this sorry affair comes to a conclusion .. We should organize a one day maybe one week boycott of the Argus I think there reporting in this is disgusting these young men are innocent till proved otherwise it must be a tough time for them and there families .. This is my own Opinion

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Personally, I would not want to see any of these players considered for ANY Albion team while this investigation is going on. For their sake and for the alleged victim, the club and the fans.

So they are to be treated as if they are guilty then ?????

I know what you mean but not sure effectively suspending them gives out the right message. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd just like to say a mighty well done to Bozza, On The Left Wing and the moderators for the sensitive and sensible way that this has been handled on NSC. Some mighty tough calls correctly made IMHO.

Take a bow all concerned :clap2:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
That is crap frankly. They are innocent until proven guilty, end of.

so true, they have tyo carry on as innocent, whether they can handle that is to be seen, I actually though Dunk was one of our better players on Wednesday, but with Greer now back, it may do him good to have a week away, his first game back at the Amex where he will get support.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I feel when this sorry affair comes to a conclusion .. We should organize a one day maybe one week boycott of the Argus I think there reporting in this is disgusting these young men are innocent till proved otherwise it must be a tough time for them and there families .. This is my own Opinion

i am not condoning the Argus at all, but its a newspaper, thats what they do.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
That is crap frankly. They are innocent until proven guilty, end of.

It has nothing to do with guilt. Why put them in a position where they are going to be exposed to abuse? The club must look after these young lads but putting them on the pitch is only going to aggrovate the situation for them and the club.

Imagine the next Dev Squad game when a ton of paps and TV turn up to get their "stock pics" - just in case.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Argus really has descended right into the gutter today.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sorry to say that the first person has been banned as a result of a post on this thread.

Can I remind everyone that there is no fact in the public domain detailing the specifics of the alleged offence. So throwing around certain words, even jokingly, could be construed to be speculating about the case. Please don't do it.

Please help us to help you.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Disgusting reporting and I hope Gus treats them accordingly when it comes to them crying about wanting interview time that they'll no longer get. This is what I hope anyway, I'd tell them to do one if I was Gus.

On topic of the actual situation, I feel mostly the same as others, innocent until proven guilty, and I'd love to be a fly on the wall at training.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
i am not condoning the Argus at all, but its a newspaper, thats what they do.

The problem I have with the naming of anyone accused like this is it seems OK to drag the accused name through the Gutter & tarnish their reputations regardless of the truth & yet the accuser is never named even if the case gets dropped. I know that annonomity is needed to give them the security to come forward, so with that said surely those accused should remain nameless also until found GUILTY.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
First up the way NSC has avoided going sordid on this is to be applauded.

As an Albion fan I've been euphoric, drunkenly delirious, nervous beyond belief, frustrated and angry - but I've never felt like this. Worse still my 6 year old lad who lives and breathes the Albion and lights up like a beam when he's at Falmer will see the Argus headline at some stage and will ask the difficult question. That said, could be worse as I could be the father of a Chelsea fan and have to spend my days explaining what John Terry has been up to this week.

There is also a certain irony in the gusto with which the Argus have splashed the story on the front page. They take glee in labelling Brighton fans as whingers and moaners, with the finger often pointing towards here. Well, there may be a bit of well intentioned griping about the little things in life like pies and queues, but when push comes to shove and on the things that really matter the fans stand square behind the club in a responsible and supportive way.

Yes the Argus had a responsibility to report the story, however they have sensationalised it beyond the responsible and the liberal use of our badge and brand on the front page is not welcome.

The players who will be wearing the stripes tomorrow will want our support and they will get it in spades - it's not about having a siege mentality or burrying our heads in the sand - it's about trusting the club to handle it in the right way.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The Argus really has descended right into the gutter today.

It certainly has.

Could I suggest that we all take a copy of today's Argus (or any Argus for that matter) to the Newcastle game, tear it up into strips, and give the Team a ticker tape welcome as they come onto the field - as a fans protest against the Argus's gutter-press sensationalist reporting in this matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here