Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The official AND ONLY 'Albion players arrested' thread ****

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
The Sun got into trouble naming the bloke in the Joanna Yeates case, what is the difference with what the Argus have done? I can't remember what the Sun headline was, but the way the Argus front page looks, it does imply they are guilty by association.

The sun got done for naming the landlord in the paper who it was't, I'm guessing the club have told the argus which players have got arrest. At the end of the day it would not be hard to work out which players it were as we knew the ages of them & all you have to do is go on wiki and match them up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Will be interesting to see if Dunky plays on Saturday. I hope he does. But it must be a huge burden to bear on his young shoulders. Similarly for Cook as well. At least the others are more out of the public glare.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
The Sun got into trouble naming the bloke in the Joanna Yeates case, what is the difference with what the Argus have done? I can't remember what the Sun headline was, but the way the Argus front page looks, it does imply they are guilty by association.

Exactly & with the club badge & the Amex on the front, almost implies that it happened at the Ground.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Irrespectective of what is to follow, seeing the Albion connected with such a horrible allegation makes me feel sick.

This is exactly how I feel, and have felt since first hearing the news yesterday. Whatever the outcome this will take a long time to blow over. Sad days when pretty much everything else was progressing so well.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Get some sleep! :)

well earned :clap:

Thanks it is much appreciated......I really should get some sleep but am sort of over tired now....will no doubt flake out a bit later on....now we have sorted this out it will make things a lot easier as well.............but can EVERYONE please remember if you see something you dont think is right...PLEASE REPORT it...we have never banned anyone for reporting a post :lol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Two bloody months until this story moves any further forward. Does Poyet pick these players, will there be tensions within the club, are we going to be showered with abusive chants on every away day.

You say that, but pretty much every away game we've been to the home fans have been silent, I don't expect that to change much! (except at Palace)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Time for the Brighton fans to really step up to the plate at matches and drown out the inevitable opoosition chants

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Two bloody months until this story moves any further forward. Does Poyet pick these players, will there be tensions within the club, are we going to be showered with abusive chants on every away day.

I think the abuse will be bad from apposing fans. And i think the brighton fans will have to bite their tongue a bit, in terms of the reply that we dish out. We can get away with singing 'you're too ugly to be gay', but i think any chants relating to these allegations by albion fans will need to be stopped.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Personally I think its wrong that these players have been named. As far as I am concerned they are all innocent - until proven otherwise.

The thing with the Argus printing stuff like this, is that people reading it will have made their own minds up. Not good for the players, their family and their friends.

If the players are subsequently cleared, I wonder if the Argus will do a similar front page splash with a apology. I doubt it. The Argus reached a very very low mark today and I hope that the club treats them accordingly.

In cases like this, players should be given anonymity much as the alleged victim has.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just bad news all around for the players, alledged victim, all friends and family, the club and its supporters.

I hope Gus and the club can operate while the media circus abounds, on the Argus front page the use of club badge and picture of the AMEX not good.

Lets give the team our support and hope everything is resolved quickly.

Not necessarily...

That's all i'll say on the highlighted bit.

Agree entirely re the Argus tho - pic of the Amex - f*** off. Players names in bold blue - f*** OFF. Club badge by each name - f*** off. Utter ***** for doing it - reminds me of the English media, damaging the rep / minds of our international players at Euros or World Cups...

I feel sick with this hanging over us - till at least March time too I presume. Just hope the truth comes out and *hope* the truth is not guilty.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Personally, I would not want to see any of these players considered for ANY Albion team while this investigation is going on. For their sake and for the alleged victim, the club and the fans.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the abuse will be bad from apposing fans. And i think the brighton fans will have to bite their tongue a bit, in terms of the reply that we dish out. We can get away with singing 'you're too ugly to be gay', but i think any chants relating to these allegations by albion fans will need to be stopped.

I think you'll find it will be shortlived. It will be old news soon.

Will be interested to see if the thickos from Palace mix up their chants as that could have comical repercussions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Innocent until proved otherwise, so I shall ignore the story.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I was disturbed to see someone on twitter saying that "loads" of Albion fans are accusing the reported victim as being an attention seeker. I haven't seen this said anywhere and hope that I never do and I responded to the tweet on that basis. I am sure everyone on here would join me in offering the same sympathies to the potential victim as to those who have been branded by the media without, at this point, having had any charges made against them. There seem to be two distinct styles of reportage - one speaks of their being interviewed in connection with an alleged sexual assault while the other talks of their being accused (presumably collectively) of assault. There is of course a world of difference between the two and it will be some time, if ever, before we learn the truth of it. There are of course rumours and versions of the supposed "truth" circulating and these will doubtless fuel the chants of opposing fans for a long while to come. I hope that Albion fans can respond with vigour but with humour and not get drawn into any form of verbal or physical aggression at matches or via internet or other media which might further harm our club's reputation.

Still proud to be a Seagull

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally, I would not want to see any of these players considered for ANY Albion team while this investigation is going on. For their sake and for the alleged victim, the club and the fans.

That is crap frankly. They are innocent until proven guilty, end of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here