Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The official AND ONLY 'Albion players arrested' thread ****

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Argus claims incident took place at the Jury's Inn, Stroudley Road, Brighton

Good news that for me. Not a house party or anything etc.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
She is still a potential victim. We don;t now anything about who she named or even if she named Tommy at all, and I'm not going to guess and make suppositions.

To go outside of this particular case, it is essential for the victims of sexual abuse cases to be allowed to remain anonymous. Many victims feel shame even though what happened isn't their fault and less would come forwards otherwise.

Having said that, it's my personal opinion that the accused should ALSO remain anonymous until (and if) they are proved guilty, of found not guilty they should have the option of remaining anonymous. It's also my opinion that people who make proven malicious false accusations (not just a "not guilty" verdict, that could just mean there wasn't enough evidence) should be named.

However, British law doesn't agree with me the victim gets anonymity, the accused doesn't.
Absolutely!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why was he not at home resting his leg?

I'm a STH and I don't want to see MY money being wasted on injured players going out on the lash.

Sort it out Bloom.

eh?, who's been out on the lash?

Looking at [MENTION=4165]Djmiles[/MENTION] post again i see you may have been joking?!

Either way (as i had been told funnily enough) Tommy WASN'T even there: from Tommy: 'The Argus understands it was at the Jurys Inn hotel in Stroudley Road, Brighton. Yesterday Elphick told The Argus: “I was not at that place at that time.”

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Did it say ANYWHERE that Elphick was even there on the night or there when the incident in question happened?! Apologies if i've missed something but i think you're assuming...?

I was joking, but can only assume the others were out and about on the lash. Can't think of anything else 5 18-21 years old would be doing in Brighton in the middle of July!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was joking, but can only assume the others were out and about on the lash. Can't think of anything else 5 18-21 years old would be doing in Brighton in the middle of July!

Apologies for mis-reading :facepalm:

Gotta be careful what we say - although it's very hard to keep mouth shut on this

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Apologies for mis-reading :facepalm:

Gotta be careful what we say - although it's very hard to keep mouth shut on this

No worries. Yeah I have to say reading back on what I just said it might sound like I'm speculating on what happened, which wasn't my intention as for the record I know nothing about said incident.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Albion don't need the Argus, if it didn't exist something else would replace it. Maybe by Christmas 2012, the shit will just close and we might even get some decent journalism for once?

Dear Santa...

The Argus helped the Albion a lot with the campaign to get the stadium, and even put pressure on the council the other week over the extra parking. And in the present financial climate and the state of the newspaper industry, nothing will replace the Argus if it closes. Then, far from getting decent journalism, you'll get no local journalism at all - unless you consider ill-informed, unresearched blogs "journalism."

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Argus helped the Albion a lot with the campaign to get the stadium, and even put pressure on the council the other week over the extra parking. And in the present financial climate and the state of the newspaper industry, nothing will replace the Argus if it closes. Then, far from getting decent journalism, you'll get no local journalism at all - unless you consider ill-informed, unresearched blogs "journalism."
Agreed. We subscribe to the Argus and I have absolutely no intention of cancelling our subscription as others have done. (We pay in advance anyway!). Yes the reporting was sensationalist, OTT and definitely not the paper's finest hour, but I'd rather have the shitty, imperfect, Southampton-edited, pale-imitation-of-its-former-self Argus than no local paper at all.

And they were most definitely pro-stadium, even if they did occasionally give too much coverage to the handful of individuals who opposed us. In my book they're still in credit for that reason alone.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Totally agree that we need the Argus and it gives very good coverage for the Albion. Indeed others have said at times that with its uncritical support of some of the Club's policies it is a more like a fanzine! It is really tough trying to keep a paid for paper going when everyone demands free news on the internet.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You saying you don't want any of the players out on the lash, or just the injured ones?

ANY of them. I pay good money to see them play football once a week and I don't want any player having any kind of social life. They should be chained to a radiator when they're not playing or training.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
ANY of them. I pay good money to see them play football once a week and I don't want any player having any kind of social life. They should be chained to a radiator when they're not playing or training.

They should live in a box surounded by cotton wool and only taken out for matches (and maybe training)!:lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it true that the closure of The Argus will see HB&B becoming the local football journalist ?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
And how's that going to be policed then? Simple Daily Mail rhetoric but give us plans. Are you inventing a new finding that's not "Not Guilty" but more "filthy slag"? I think we, the Great British public, deserve more details oh wise one

There have been many cases where it has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the person was lying. People have been prosecuted for it. The most obvious is medical evidence. But sometimes witnesses come forwards. In cases where there is still doubt, no-one should be named.

There was a case a few years ago (can't remember where or find a link) where the accuser was shown not to even be in the place that the alleged assault is supposed to have happened.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
There have been many cases where it has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the person was lying. People have been prosecuted for it. The most obvious is medical evidence. But sometimes witnesses come forwards. In cases where there is still doubt, no-one should be named.

There was a case a few years ago (can't remember where or find a link) where the accuser was shown not to even be in the place that the alleged assault is supposed to have happened.

There was another case a few years back when the women was caught on CCTV in a lift ripping her own clothing. Women like this disgust me as they make it so much harder for all the women who have been assaulted to be believed.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
There was another case a few years back when the women was caught on CCTV in a lift ripping her own clothing. Women like this disgust me as they make it so much harder for all the women who have been assaulted to be believed.
Exactly. There's the two problems, the accused has to live with the "no smoke without fire" idiots, and, as you say, it makes it harder for genuine victims.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
As the players were released on bail until 21st March, presumably there will be further news on this today?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Players Re-bailed?

Argus new editor suggesting Police have rebailed the 5 players as the investigation continues.

@TheNewsNose "Police say five men arrested on suspicion of sexual assault have been re-bailed. Story continues to hang over #bhafc as investigation goes on."

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here