Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**the official albion v newport match thread**

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Here here. I will be making my contribution via Harvey's as usual on the concourse. Everyone stop whinging and drink to our clubs success. Tomorrow morning, Newport will deservedly have the headlines. But I would still rather be a Brighton fan.

I'll drink to that. When all's said and done and the madness of certain blame subsides, we've got a season to look forward too and a pint of Harvey's to sip.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I decided to make a template for all new match threads. I basically chose a radical font, made sure everything was in caps, checked the spelling thoroughly and added some really cool effects I just found in a program called Photoshop. Hope you like it.

ogbz.png

Sorry everyone, I thought my masterpiece would bring good fortune. Maybe it was the wrong choice of drop shadow, or perhaps there wasn't enough lens flare? I'll try to a few different combinations until we get one that works...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That was back in April , today they've put in transfer bids for McCormack (Leeds) and Adomah (Bristol City)

The season before last (2011-12), their revenue was 4million less than ours, even though they were still receiving parachute payments. Their wages and salaries were 7million higher. As of last season, they no longer receive parachute payments.

Of course, they aren't going to stop buying/signing players, but they are really going to struggle to meet the FFP requirements.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 3m
Oscar post Newport: I'm very sorry for Anthony as it is a bad injury, but I know Calderon and he went for the ball. #BHAFC

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Shame we went down to 10 but I feel more sorry for Byron Anthony's injury. Certainly changed the mood as much as the balance of the game.

Good to see Ince, JFC, Maksi & Ince getting a run out and blooded at the start of the season in this transitional period.

Hope Newport enjoyed their visit to the Amex and this is the start of a good cup run for them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The season before last (2011-12), their revenue was 4million less than ours, even though they were still receiving parachute payments. Their wages and salaries were 7million higher. As of last season, they no longer receive parachute payments.

Of course, they aren't going to stop buying/signing players, but they are really going to struggle to meet the FFP requirements.

Not sure if they have offloaded any players on high wages but would guess if they are successful in signing McCormack and Adomah (£3M in combined fees?) this will be Mowbray's final assault on promotion with Boro

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sorry everyone, I thought my masterpiece would bring good fortune. Maybe it was the wrong choice of drop shadow, or perhaps there wasn't enough lens flare? I'll try to a few different combinations until we get one that works...

Please don't. Or have you and the O.P. bet your houses on us getting relegated?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well played Newport County. We were gash. Garcia has a lot of work to do. Difficult to pick a single player who had a good game.

Wasn't that hard.... Kemy I thought looked a class above.. He was just lacking game time. The rest didnt look interested

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Black Crow Blues

It was the Boing !!! that did us in.

Just got home.
I thought a fair result would have been 5-3 to the Albion. Our defence has suddenly gone to pot.

Attendance was awful as well. To me it was chance to see both Buckley and Lualua in action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Crow

I thought Newport were like Millwall and Ipswich last year. Two banks of four and hard to beat but we fashioned enough chances. Ashley Barnes looked good at times. And then awful. Calderon looked very dodgy at left back.

It is a good job Derby County are not as good as Newport County. Same sort of side though so we will have to be careful.

Ince did not look like he could cut the mustard, Agustein was not impressive (reminded me of Dicker) and LuaLua looked like he was going to score before he was taken off.

(I was a bit annoyed at losing to Swindon last year. But that did not turn out so bad in the end.)

I thought the tackle was 50-50 but a combined impact speed of 30 mph is ****ing dangerous. I thought it must be serious. I thought that both players would end up in hospital.

I thought http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Worley played well for them.

The only time I recall last ditch defending like Newport County is when the Albion won 2-1 at Liverpool in 83 (lucky we did not get a penalty) and from our opponents when we played Bedford Town in the FA Cup in the sixties. I felt after the collision and the attendance was announced it just wasn't going to be our night!

Last edited:

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Here here. I will be making my contribution via Harvey's as usual on the concourse. Everyone stop whinging and drink to our clubs success. Tomorrow morning, Newport will deservedly have the headlines. But I would still rather be a Brighton fan.

Good man!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Our lads were all over Newport up until half time , very unfortunate to only be 1-0 up,
ref and one linesman very dodgy,could easily have ended up 5-0,
mixture of unlucky and poor finishing,
We thought Ince and Agustien looked good,
Game changed as it does when down to ten after the unfortunate incident,and it all went tits up
and they equalised with about their 3rd attempt on goal,
we got nothing to worry about, just one of those nights...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As usual I don't seem to have watched the same match as a lot of people on NSC. Other threads saying we were rubbish etc. Yes, we give the ball away more because we try more attacking passes. And, yes, we'll concede more because we're far more attack minded. There was only one winner until the red card & it wasn't Newport, who weren't getting a sniff second half. Doesn't excuse the defeat - should have defended better - but even with 10 men we ought to have scored another 3 or 4. Our finishing was rubbish. Otherwise I thought we were good to watch. Ince did well, Agustein looks excellent, Barnes kept getting into the right positions to score even if it wasn't his night. Lots of positives.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well said True Blue summed it up perfectly
Unbelievable to think we should have beaten Leeds & Newport but somehow have lost them both
Our luck will change soon 2 bad ref decisions have cost us in both games
It's gonna be a very exciting season DON'T PANIC everyone it's gonna be fun

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
:lolol:

he was dropped for a reason, costing us games. and then dropped again, for still being sh!t.

how many wins turned into draws because of his errors, or even draws into losses.

even when he seemly had an ok game and made couple saves, he was still prone to a ball being dropped and pushed into the net.

you felt the stadium hold their breath every time he touched the ball or the opposition took a shot that season, the stadium even took to sarcastic cheers when he caught a ball or whatever at one point, which tbf cant of helped his confidence. im not talking shite or bollocks.

did you watch everygame? i did and the fact is ankergren lost us games, middlesbrough comes to mind, he fu*ked up and they scored the winning goal, that was 3 points gone, there was ATLEAST 3 or 4 games like that. wtf are you talking about, kuszczak saved us countless times last year, he was a massive part of why we made the playoffs, a major reason draws stayed draws and wins stayed wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here