Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**the official albion v newport match thread**

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Well said True Blue summed it up perfectly
Unbelievable to think we should have beaten Leeds & Newport but somehow have lost them both
Our luck will change soon 2 bad ref decisions have cost us in both games
It's gonna be a very exciting season DON'T PANIC everyone it's gonna be fun

I have to agree with this.

Last edited:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
As usual I don't seem to have watched the same match as a lot of people on NSC. Other threads saying we were rubbish etc. Yes, we give the ball away more because we try more attacking passes. And, yes, we'll concede more because we're far more attack minded. There was only one winner until the red card & it wasn't Newport, who weren't getting a sniff second half. Doesn't excuse the defeat - should have defended better - but even with 10 men we ought to have scored another 3 or 4. Our finishing was rubbish. Otherwise I thought we were good to watch. Ince did well, Agustein looks excellent, Barnes kept getting into the right positions to score even if it wasn't his night. Lots of positives.

I was there, and agree with more or less all of this. Some really poor finishing and a couple of bad errors on our part, along with some dubious decisions from officials. We were absolutely not "rubbish", however, and this result does not make me feel bad about the season to come. OG has not had long with the players, and it will take a little time for his style of play (which is not the same as GPs in several respects) to become second nature to the team, but I'm sure it will. We do, however, still need to fill a few gaps, and our start to the season has clearly been slightly hampered by being late out of the blocks in the transfer market, and the extra constraints of FFP; none of this need be fatal, however, as we go through the season.
Reading some of the posts on this and other threads makes me wonder how some of you lot get through your every day lives: does every little setback or irritation make you want to give it all up, slit your throats, quit your jobs, leave your wives....?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well said True Blue summed it up perfectly
Unbelievable to think we should have beaten Leeds & Newport but somehow have lost them both
Our luck will change soon 2 bad ref decisions have cost us in both games
It's gonna be a very exciting season DON'T PANIC everyone it's gonna be fun

keep up the good work

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
keep up the good work

I said a few weeks back we won't hit the ground running at the start of the season but will come good 5/6 games in, the last two seasons we've been top after 6 games and then slid down the table it will be the opposite this year
A few new additions to come a bit of time adjusting to Oscars system and more fitness after a few more games and we'll be steaming to the top of the table by November

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here