**the official albion v newport match thread**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agreed on that - I'm just getting fed up with the retarded viewpoint that because Tony Bloom spent £100m on the club, that means every single decision he has ever made in his life is 10000000% perfect and he couldn't possibly get anything wrong ever.

Agreed. Although I'm not sure why the upper management are being brought in to question when we lost a game, we probably would have won more often than not.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
My point is that ALL the anger is directed at Barber and NONE at Bloom, for Barber doing the job Bloom asked him to do.

If Bloom gives no guidance to Barber then I'm f.ucking worried about our club.

Sounds fair to me. TBH while I don't agree with all the cost cutting/money making at the club (no cashback on purchases made on non matchday for a start) I fail to see how Barber gets the blame for everything from Gus sacking to player performances......

Forget about this game it means sod all and gives us one or two less matches to play now. Derby will be a very big indicator as to how we fair this season. I have said it a few times now in that I feel we will finish mid to lower table this season. The squad is far too thin to mount a challenge at the top, the defence is ageing worryingly, Oscar has to input ideas on a team that has played so strictly "one way" under Gus plus the Premiership clubs that have been relegated all look very stable and strong (unlike the cack relegated last year). This season will be a test for the less patient fans...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Barber is all to blame for the farce BHAFC has become. Sorry I have bitten my tongue for a long time but it has turned SHITHOUSE since this clown arrived. He has pretty much turned the club upside down and not in a good way from what I can see.

I have some sympathy with this viewpoint. Feel like I've lost a bit of love for the Albion since he joined. The club seems more corporate, souless and money-grabbing. And the way the whole Poyet, Tanno and Charlie situation was dealt with still leaves a bad taste in the mouth. The club should have worked with Gus to iron out any differences, but it seems no attempt was made to do this. I really hope it works out under Oscar, but there was a real chance to build something long-lasting under Poyet. It's going to be a bit of an up and down season, I think.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Considering we have the highest gates & amongst the most expensive tickets in the league - Why aren't other clubs in the division making the same sacrifices?

Well, Middlesbrough are:- Mowbray outlines challenges...

And so are Burnley:- Burnley FC facing more cuts

just to quickly name a couple. And these are clubs that have "benefited" from a spell in the Premier League and parachute payments. I think FFP is going to have a bigger effect than a number of people currently realise.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
But a good cup run may have provided the funds to buy the player to get us into the playoffs. Certainly won't now so that is one source of income out the window.

If that's the case, a few of Brighton's competitors will be in the same boat tonight as Middlesbrough, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday have also exited the competition tonight to lower division opposition, to add to Blackpool last night. What losing the game does, however, is highlight where signings are needed before the end of this month, which any cup run wouldn't have been able to finance in any event.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Neither Bloom nor Barber are directly responsible for this poor run. BUT, the buck stops at the top so if anyone's knocking Barber in the context of actual football, they must knock Bloom too. Ffs

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Considering we have the highest gates & amongst the most expensive tickets in the league - Why aren't other clubs in the division making the same sacrifices?

Have you seen the losses this club has posted despite those gates and ticket prices? How would you go about reducing the losses so we don't end up being fined which will help fund other clubs in The Championship? That is a serious question to which I don't expect an answer from you or the likes of Spielberg. Other clubs don't have the same costs for transport that we have, they don't have to employ an army of stewards to stop people parking in streets- that was a key factor in planning permission being given for the stadium. We may have fantastic crowds but we also have fantastic running costs. Tony Bloom has put over £120 Million into this club already, do some of you propose he shells out even more?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it's going to take a lot longer for Oscar to start working his magic than many people thought. We need another forward to convert these chances we keep wasting too, otherwise it's all down to Ulloa.

Fair play to Newport on a good night for them but the game turned on the red card.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it's going to take a lot longer for Oscar to start working his magic than many people thought. We need another forward to convert these chances we keep wasting too, otherwise it's all down to Ulloa.

Fair play to Newport on a good night for them but the game turned on the red card.
I do hope CMS can start repaying that transfer fee properly when he gets fit. Barnes is a decent player but he does miss a few.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Have you seen the losses this club has posted despite those gates and ticket prices? How would you go about reducing the losses so we don't end up being fined which will help fund other clubs in The Championship? That is a serious question to which I don't expect an answer from you or the likes of Spielberg. Other clubs don't have the same costs for transport that we have, they don't have to employ an army of stewards to stop people parking in streets- that was a key factor in planning permission being given for the stadium. We may have fantastic crowds but we also have fantastic running costs. Tony Bloom has put over £120 Million into this club already, do some of you propose he shells out even more?

This.
There really does seem to be this attitude, by some, that we have this endless ****ing pot of money. We don't. We're totally unique in our situation and we only exist in our current form due to the, quite frankly insane, generosity of one man. He owed us nothing. But, at the same time, why the **** should he have to keep forking out
?
He shouldn't, and probably can't, so Barber and his team are going to turn us into a successful, efficient, money-making machine- and this is the ONLY way we can exist.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This.
There really does seem to be this attitude, by some, that we have this endless ****ing pot of money. We don't. We're totally unique in our situation and we only exist in our current form due to the, quite frankly insane, generosity of one man. He owed us nothing. But, at the same time, why the **** should he have to keep forking out
?
He shouldn't, and probably can't, so Barber and his team are going to turn us into a successful, efficient, money-making machine- and this is the ONLY way we can exist.

Here here. I will be making my contribution via Harvey's as usual on the concourse. Everyone stop whinging and drink to our clubs success. Tomorrow morning, Newport will deservedly have the headlines. But I would still rather be a Brighton fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports