Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**the official albion v newport match thread**

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You know this because you sit in the board meetings presumably?

How do you know whether or not Bloom has expressed concern over the way revenues are being maximised. The answer is that you don't so can you please refrain from talking as if your explanation is fact? It clearly isn't.

And how is yours? I said they talk every day. Tony has said that MANY times. They are clearly working together, aren't they? Are you suggesting Tony hasn't had ANY guidance in the way Barber does the job TONY ASKED him to do?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Well played Newport County. We were gash. Garcia has a lot of work to do. Difficult to pick a single player who had a good game.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
First game of the season in L1, Swindon away, Casper drops the ball thru his legs.........he has NEVER been superb.

:lolol:

Your talking shite fella, he was dropped end of September to November for Steve Harper and then dropped again from Jan 1st and didn't play again that season. I don't rate the bloke but what you have posted is bollocks!

he was dropped for a reason, costing us games. and then dropped again, for still being sh!t.

how many wins turned into draws because of his errors, or even draws into losses.

even when he seemly had an ok game and made couple saves, he was still prone to a ball being dropped and pushed into the net.

you felt the stadium hold their breath every time he touched the ball or the opposition took a shot that season, the stadium even took to sarcastic cheers when he caught a ball or whatever at one point, which tbf cant of helped his confidence. im not talking shite or bollocks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He is working under the orders of Bloom, but evident damage is not done overnight. If the numbers do not add up, he is not doing what he is paid to do.

Agreed on that - I'm just getting fed up with the retarded viewpoint that because Tony Bloom spent £100m on the club, that means every single decision he has ever made in his life is 10000000% perfect and he couldn't possibly get anything wrong ever.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Agreed on that - I'm just getting fed up with the retarded viewpoint that because Tony Bloom spent £100m on the club, that means every single decision he has ever made in his life is 10000000% perfect and he couldn't possibly get anything wrong ever.

What has he got wrong? Barber?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
To me, doing well in the League Cup is much like Les Dennis described winning the car on Family Fortunes. Just a bonus.

If, come the end of the season, Brighton are at least in the play-offs, this isn't a match that is going to linger long in the memory. How Brighton get on in their next match against Derby will provide far more of an indicator of how things might shape up over the course of the season.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
100% not a red card, Calderon wins bal, Newport player flies in and takes him out, Calderon lands on him. Newport player should have seen red for the initial, disgraceful challenge on Calderon. Once again, a referee ****s us over. Fantastic.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
:lolol:

he was dropped for a reason, costing us games. and then dropped again, for still being sh!t.

how many wins turned into draws because of his errors, or even draws into losses.

even when he seemly had an ok game and made couple saves, he was still prone to a ball being dropped and pushed into the net.

you felt the stadium hold their breath every time he touched the ball or the opposition take a shot that season, the stadium even took to sarcastic cheers when he caught a ball or whatever at one point, which tbf cant of helped his confidence. im not talking shite or bollocks.

Utter shite, he did not cost us a playoff place, did PIG cost us automatic promotion with a couple of mistakes last year? You are either a bit dense or just have a vendetta against the guy. Granted not the best at this level but your view is laughable.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What has he got wrong? Barber?

My point is that ALL the anger is directed at Barber and NONE at Bloom, for Barber doing the job Bloom asked him to do.

If Bloom gives no guidance to Barber then I'm f.ucking worried about our club.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
I totally agree with you on the fact not everything Tony does is perfect BUT surely that is the same as blaming Barber for everything that goes wrong at the club ????

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't think so soggy :thumbsup:

All the Palacestics will melt away , disillusioned and unable to bring themselves to watch a team who are back playing in The Championship.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And how is yours? I said they talk every day. Tony has said that MANY times. They are clearly working together, aren't they? Are you suggesting Tony hasn't had ANY guidance in the way Barber does the job TONY ASKED him to do?
No. I'm saying I'm worried at the direction the club is taking in order to maximise revenue streams as I was the moment he arrived because I had known how unpopular he was at Vancouver. Unlike you, I'm not presenting anything as fact there, am I?

I'm sure Bloom brought him in to shake up the club and bring more money in. I'm sure he talks to Barber - it would be odd if he didn't. But revenue is Barber's remit, not Blooms, and I get the impression it is all a bit short term and there are a number of fans clearly beginning to feel fleeced and taken for granted. The worst example of this was when the club bolted on a massive amount to the travel expenses AFTER securing 23,000 commitments to buy. That is shithouse. Am I not allowed to think bad of Barber because of this, just in case your silly conjecture about him being Bloom's henchman is correct?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
To me, doing well in the League Cup is much like Les Dennis described winning the car on Family Fortunes. Just a bonus.

If, come the end of the season, Brighton are at least in the play-offs, this isn't a match that is going to linger long in the memory. How Brighton get on in their next match against Derby will provide far more of an indicator of how things might shape up over the course of the season.

**** off with your rational viewpoint, I'm AGRNY like ENREST :rant:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

But a good cup run may have provided the funds to buy the player to get us into the playoffs. Certainly won't now so that is one source of income out the window.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
My point is that ALL the anger is directed at Barber and NONE at Bloom, for Barber doing the job Bloom asked him to do.

If Bloom gives no guidance to Barber then I'm f.ucking worried about our club.

Okay, in that case i'm full agreement.

Though i don't think any mistakes have been made. Difficult decisions, on the other hand, have to be made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here