**the official albion v newport match thread**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Am I wrong in really not worrying about this? We've never performed in this cup and our last few seasons show that it has very little bearing on the league campaign. I'm sticking by my signature. Two games, one largely irrelevant, is not sufficient to be hitting the panic button.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
All I hear about is Barnes scoring and creating countless chances for himself and others. He's missed ONE sitter from commentary. You'd rather a player who scored none ad created none than someone who scores but also misses?
I think the commentary talks about more than just the one,....... but hey, I am not there, lets let those that are in the stadium have their say, I suspect it may be a tad different to your myopic view from afar.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
been saying that since the first year in the championship, we might of got playoffs if it wasnt for him, he cost us so many points that year, hes terrible at this level.

Your talking shite fella, he was dropped end of September to November for Steve Harper and then dropped again from Jan 1st and didn't play again that season. I don't rate the bloke but what you have posted is bollocks!

bubbaseagull

Nov 28, 2012
Hove
what a load of **** this game has been, we are not taking any chances, congrats to Newport and there getting ever closer to a famous win, well done newport...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Am I wrong in really not worrying about this? We've never performed in this cup and our last few seasons show that it has very little bearing on the league campaign. I'm sticking by my signature. Two games, one largely irrelevant, is not sufficient to be hitting the panic button.

biggest concern is the fullback situation and that the club is in transition ...bit of a dent in confidence

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think the fault for this lies in two places:

1) The people who started threads gloating about how awful Palace's season is going to be, how they will be bottom at christmas etc. Guaranteeing a poor start to the season so Palace can gloat without having to worry about their own team because they've not played yet.
2) Whoever gloated about barnes' goal with "who will people complain about now" guaranteeing he would miss multiple chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports