**the official albion v newport match thread**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Has he not missed two good chances then???...If people seriously think Barnes is a good enough option as the main second striker, then god help us. He is an average championship striker but that's all, nothing more.

So he's scored from 1 in 3 chances? Even Messi would kill for that kind of conversion rate.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I looked over on Twitter and the tweets suggest half time happened about the same time , game might have kicked off a few minutes late with the poetic tribute to Roy Chuter from Attilla and the minute applause.

Maybe we didn't miss as much of the game as I thought we did during the Crawley fiasco

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He's 23 and improving every year. I can see him getting 20 goals this season. Quality player - Might even make Premier League next season
Corrected for the optimistic NSCers reading tonight :thumbsup:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
You should go to spec savers. He won't start 20 games, let alone score 20 goals.

Do you genuinely believe that? He's a key player, and currently 2nd only to Ulloa for central striker and probably ahead of LuaLua on the left. He will start 30+, injury/suspension dependent.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Has he not missed two good chances then???...If people seriously think Barnes is a good enough option as the main second striker, then god help us. He is an average championship striker but that's all, nothing more.
Do you like / rate any of our players?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Do you genuinely believe that? He's a key player, and currently 2nd only to Ulloa for central striker and probably ahead of LuaLua on the left. He will start 30+, injury/suspension dependent.

Yep I do believe that, but I stand to be corrected. I predict that come the end of this month, then moving into October he will be a regular on the bench. He might get on the pitch 20 times but I predict he won't start 20 league games...We will see.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

stop sticking the pins in on your barnes doll lol

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This. Very useful utility player and a very good Championship striker. Invaluable to the squad.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Good effort but not as good as TCB or WW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports