Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Official" Albion Fan Advisory Board thread

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Probably because the Club don’t appreciate anyone having a pop at their integrity.
Does anyone appreciate people having a pop at their integrity? Do you?

I’d be confident that whatever it is that you see as evidence that the club have treated you (or someone close to you) with a lack of integrity, the club would see very differently. It’s perfectly possible to disagree with actions taken by a third party without questioning their integrity - which is a deeply personal accusation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Running your house as you see fit…that’s carte Blanche to do as you want. Frankly that’s ludicrous.
You seem to have ignored the preceding caveat i.e. within the laws of the land.

A lot of businesses have terms and conditions should you choose to engage with them. Next time you buy a gig ticket, book certain restaurants, use the gym have a look.

I’ll ask again, what did you (or a friend) do?

Last edited:

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
You seem to have ignored the preceding caveat i.e. within the laws of the land.

A lot of businesses have terms and conditions should you choose to engage with them. Next time you buy a gig ticket, book certain restaurants, use the gym have a look.

I’ll ask again, what did you (or a friend) do?
I know about the clubs t&cs and other documents. But they have one massive caveat thrown over them….anything that brings the club into disrepute/damages the reputation of the club. That’s well outside the law, that’s such a broad net in which to be caught as it’s a matter of opinion.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I know about the clubs t&cs and other documents. But they have one massive caveat thrown over them….anything that brings the club into disrepute/damages the reputation of the club. That’s well outside the law, that’s such a broad net in which to be caught as it’s a matter of opinion.
My interpretation of the club’s approach to T&C’s is:

1) don’t do anything we or legislation tell you not to do: ignoring instructions about ticketing or throwing objects onto the pitch would be examples of these two things.

2) don’t be an utter cock. This latter instruction is phrased as bringing the club into disrepute, simply because otherwise they’d have to have a near infinite list of minutely different examples; and they’d still not have captured one of the things that they’d want to sanction. Yes, of course this requires interpretation, but how else could it be done?

I see very few examples of the club getting these things horribly wrong. You clearly have seen at least one such example; what were the circumstances?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The club is entitled to protect its brand and those associated with the brand. That’s pretty much standard business practice isn’t it? I agree what constitutes bringing the club into disrepute, I amusingly recall the actual language is besmirch, is a matter of opinion but all the cases I have heard of have been fair in their assessment. Can you give an example where this isnt? Otherwise this is a somewhat pointless and theoretical discussion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s not remotely outside the law. Reputational risk is a key element of most business’ risk assessment- along with whatever measures deemed necessary to manage that risk - so the club have added (and strengthened with the scale of sanctions) the ‘besmirching’ part of their policy which allows them to do more or less what they want to maintain their reputation - and safety and comfort of others - providing they don’t cross any laws (discrimination for example). You accept that entirely when you buy a ticket. Banning people for behaviour the club deems unacceptable is completely within their remit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s not remotely outside the law. Reputational risk is a key element of most business’ risk assessment- along with whatever measures deemed necessary to manage that risk - so the club have added (and strengthened with the scale of sanctions) the ‘besmirching’ part of their policy which allows them to do more or less what they want to maintain their reputation - and safety and comfort of others - providing they don’t cross any laws (discrimination for example). You accept that entirely when you buy a ticket. Banning people for behaviour the club deems unacceptable is completely within their remit.
I genuinely don't understand why this has to be repeatedly explained to people.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
Does anyone appreciate people having a pop at their integrity? Do you?

I’d be confident that whatever it is that you see as evidence that the club have treated you (or someone close to you) with a lack of integrity, the club would see very differently. It’s perfectly possible to disagree with actions taken by a third party without questioning their integrity - which is a deeply personal accusation.
Integrity is sticking to your principles. But that also means sticking to your values, I don’t publish mine.I’ll admit when I’m wrong though.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
A regulator isn't going to come to the rescue of fans acting like pillocks.
A regulator wont be micro managing clubs like that. But it should be ensuring fans have the ability to be involved in major decisions about club ownership and broad policy. That's why the PL and it's clubs are trying hard to delay it's introduction and using the figleaf of a toothless FAB to say the regulator isn't needed. I have no complaints about our club but regulation is necessary for the future of our beautiful game in the wider world and no club should be fighting against it.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
A regulator isn't going to come to the rescue of fans acting like pillocks.
No. But it will help define what being a pillock is. There have been references from others that the club operates a kangaroo court when it comes to sanctions. That’s not great for fans, or the club. The EFL operate a standard set of sanctions, so fans can have transparency.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
A regulator wont be micro managing clubs like that. But it should be ensuring fans have the ability to be involved in major decisions about club ownership and broad policy. That's why the PL and it's clubs are trying hard to delay it's introduction and using the figleaf of a toothless FAB to say the regulator isn't needed. I have no complaints about our club but regulation is necessary for the future of our beautiful game in the wider world and no club should be fighting against it.
Yes, I find it deeply concerning that the PL and at least some clubs are fighting against the appointment of a regulator. The resistance to what looks like a fair and sensible policy, seems to be a very clear admission that there are major faults with football administration.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
A regulator wont be micro managing clubs like that. But it should be ensuring fans have the ability to be involved in major decisions about club ownership and broad policy. That's why the PL and its clubs are trying hard to delay its introduction and using the figleaf of a toothless FAB to say the regulator isn't needed. I have no complaints about our club but regulation is necessary for the future of our beautiful game in the wider world and no club should be fighting against it.
Completely agree. A regulator wont micro manage but having PB telling the BHAFC FAB that he doesn’t think they’re needed isn’t great to hear. It’s in the October minutes on the club
Website.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Completely agree. A regulator wont micro manage but having PB telling the BHAFC FAB that he doesn’t think they’re needed isn’t great to hear. It’s in the October minutes on the club
Website.
We know.

You seem to have a grudge and very detailed knowledge of club processes. How? What did they do to you?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Website.
I’d bet Tony Bloom doesn’t either. Having personally invested a small fortune and having instilled his own board of business associates and friends I’m not sure he’s enamoured with some of the regulator suggestions either

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
And that’s why a regulator is needed.
A regulator typically (dependent on remit) will look how clubs have incorporated shared values / standards (agreed from the outset by governing body and regulator) they will have pillars if you like to ensure standards are met, such as consistency, fairness, transparency and communication.

If clubs set out clear and concise terms and you as a fan chose to not follow them, there’s not much the regulator will do. If for example the club hasn’t followed the process, the process isn’t proportionate or fair or there’s a conflict of interest the regulator may comment and act (again depending on remit)

Football clubs are private enterprises and it’s up to them in the main who they let buy their product / attend their premises, pretty much like every other business / residence

Reading between the lines I would say it’s probably isn’t a reach to suggest you have had some direct interaction on a grievance of some kind with the club. I’m guessing it’s been suggested that your actions have brought the club into disrepute somehow and you disagree, all be it , phrase is open ended and open to interpretation?

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No. But it will help define what being a pillock is. There have been references from others that the club operates a kangaroo court when it comes to sanctions. That’s not great for fans, or the club. The EFL operate a standard set of sanctions, so fans can have transparency.
It won't. The remit of the regulator is actually very narrow. That doesn't stop the Premier League from trying to narrow it even further though, which IMO is counterproductive. The legislation is due to go to Parliament and could potentially be passed by June. However, we could have a new government by then, who are less willing to listen to the Premier League's pet lobbyists who are from the right of the politicial spectrum.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We know.

You seem to have a grudge and very detailed knowledge of club processes. How? What did they do to you?
History suggests this is the point where the conversation becomes a lot less specific.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Integrity is sticking to your principles. But that also means sticking to your values, I don’t publish mine.I’ll admit when I’m wrong though.
I’m going to make an educated guess, based on the evidence thus far, that whatever you or your friend got banned most, if not all, will consider twattish and deserved of a ban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here