Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

D

Deleted member 22389

That was absolutely fantastic. It looked at one point that the Peleton was never going to bridge that gap, I was having doubts.

Well done Cav and well done Bradley, what a fantastic acheivment.

Who was that bloke in the T-Shirt and shorts giving out the prize to one of the riders lol

Next year it wil be Froome. Froome V Contador V Nibali, should be interesting in the mountains.
If I heard correctly Froome is going to Vuelta?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Amazing stuff. To think how far British cycling has come since I started racing.

Also, very tight at the top of the fantasy league - my late charge came to nothing. Congratulations to the elusive vive le pants.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
At last, we can breathe that huge sigh of relief and say it loud and proud...

BRADLEY WIGGINS IS THE FIRST BRITISH WINNER OF LE TOUR DE FRANCE ! :O

Perfection right to the last too, so pleased for CAV today and all the Sky team. Quite simply, marvellous scenes ! :bowdown:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Great finish to our fantasy league too.

Chapeau viveLaPants, a well deserved win today :clap2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That was absolutely fantastic. It looked at one point that the Peleton was never going to bridge that gap, I was having doubts.

Well done Cav and well done Bradley, what a fantastic acheivment.

Who was that bloke in the T-Shirt and shorts giving out the prize to one of the riders lol

Next year it wil be Froome. Froome V Contador V Nibali, should be interesting in the mountains.
If I heard correctly Froome is going to Vuelta?

Lord B has already answered it for you, re: the bloke presenting the Young Riders Award to Tejay Van Garderen. The Danish equivalent presented Chris Anker Sorensen with his most combative rider award.

As for the Vuelta. Here's hoping all the new British cycling fans this historic Tour has picked up will realise what a great sport it is to follow and tune in for what promises to be a superb Tour of Spain. If Andy Schleck can be back in time and rides it along with Contador, J Rod & Froome then it's going to be epic. A real battle of the mountain goats.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the last time

Stage 20 result:-

1 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Sky Procycling 3:08:07
2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale
3 Matthew Harley Goss (Aus) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team

Lanterne Rouge:-

152 Jan Ghyselinck (Bel) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne 3:57:04
153 Jimmy Engoulvent (Fra) Saur - Sojasun 3:57:36

1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 421 pts
2 André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Belisol Team 280
3 Matthew Harley Goss (Aus) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team 268
4 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Sky Procycling 220

Young:-

1 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 87:45:51
2 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ-Big Mat 0:06:13
3 Steven Kruijswijk (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team 1:05:48

KoM:-

1 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Team Europcar 135 pts
2 Fredrik Kessiakoff (Swe) Astana Pro Team 123
3 Chris Anker Sörensen (Den) Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank 77

GC:-

1 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling 87:34:47
2 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 0:03:21
3 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:06:19

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
punched the air today when cav went over the line

imagine having the great bernard hinault zip up the yellow jersey for you on the champs-élysées

stuff of dreams

bradley wiggins :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Post tour cold turkey, that's gonna hurt.

I know it's way to early to sign off, we still haven't heard from half the NSC peloton, or seen [MENTION=3347]Horton's halftime iceberg[/MENTION]'s photos.

But as I'm finishing off my celebratory Leffe, I thought I'd take a moment to get emotional.

Once again chaps it's been a pleasure to share Le Tour with all the old and new faces, on this thread.
It's been cracking reading and participating with all, esp when staring into the abyss of what NSC can do to this event, on the other thread!

Chapeau fellas, Viva La Tour.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Post tour cold turkey, that's gonna hurt.

I know it's way to early to sign off, we still haven't heard from half the NSC peloton, or seen [MENTION=3347]Horton's halftime iceberg[/MENTION]'s photos.

But as I'm finishing off my celebratory Leffe, I thought I'd take a moment to get emotional.

Once again chaps it's been a pleasure to share Le Tour with all the old and new faces, on this thread.
It's been cracking reading and participating with all, esp when staring into the abyss of what NSC can do to this event, on the other thread!

Chapeau fellas, Viva La Tour.

Cheers Stat. Is it back to 'cycling geeks' for the worlds/vuelta or new threads for that?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cheers Stat. Is it back to 'cycling geeks' for the worlds/vuelta or new threads for that?

Good question.

Meanwhile if anyone knows how to cure the blue screen of death please let me know. Currently in safe mode just to drag me over the finish line here as I had a major 'puter crash late last night. :(

Thanks all, it's been a superb thread on a truly historic Tour. Very happy times indeed, cycling wise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I might start up a rival unofficial vuelta thread just to wind stat boy up

:laugh:
Fine by me, just so long as you take the 'horse's born in a barn' brigade. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good question.

Meanwhile if anyone knows how to cure the blue screen of death please let me know. Currently in safe mode just to drag me over the finish line here as I had a major 'puter crash late last night. :(

Thanks all, it's been a superb thread on a truly historic Tour. Very happy times indeed, cycling wise.
You're going to have to wait for [MENTION=2878]Woodchip[/MENTION] to wake up.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Thanks everyone, this is virtually my only outlet for gobbing off on the subject of this sport we're not supposed to win, no-one else I know cares as much.

Spare a thought for the French this summer. The country that broke their hearts by stealing the Olympics at the 11th hour has really rubbed their faces in it by dominating their cherished national event, beaten their leading tennis player in the semi at Wimbledon and finished higher than their supposed superior football team. Any other sports we've crushed them?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Thanks everyone, this is virtually my only outlet for gobbing off on the subject of this sport we're not supposed to win, no-one else I know cares as much.

Spare a thought for the French this summer. The country that broke their hearts by stealing the Olympics at the 11th hour has really rubbed their faces in it by dominating their cherished national event, beaten their leading tennis player in the semi at Wimbledon and finished higher than their supposed superior football team. Any other sports we've crushed them?

They actually consider this their best tour for a long time - several stage wins, kom, Voeckler is the darling of the French public, pinot the great white hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here