Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Its stages like this why I think the peloton is cleaner than it was a few years ago.

We expect fireworks and it doesn't happen - everyone is on their limit and cannot attack. The 'big' teams can stretch the race out so everyone is pulled from their comfort zone

Liquigas and Lotto pushed it, thinned the numbers including one of their rivals for the top 5 overall, then stopped. That does not make sense to me, that is the thing that can still be done in the cleaner peleton.

Its not like Rasmussen Vs Contador doing track sprints up mountains!

True, but the peleton is huge for this point in a mountain stage. No one is willing to take any risks in this Tour.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Its stages like this why I think the peloton is cleaner than it was a few years ago.

We expect fireworks and it doesn't happen - everyone is on their limit and cannot attack. The 'big' teams can stretch the race out so everyone is pulled from their comfort zone

Its not like Rasmussen Vs Contador doing track sprints up mountains!

Exactly ! That's reassuring.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

We expect fireworks and it doesn't happen - everyone is on their limit and cannot attack.
Good. Spectators just need to learn that it'll be a bit different now. There will presumably be some cheats.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I wish they would stop talking like Froome would definitely beat Wiggins, he has only beaten him on one climb, and looked like he will on one other.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dunno, some of us have Iziguirre, he will be top 5 I should think.

Yep :(

I could kick myself for being stuck with those two Europcar doms that foiled my gamble today.

Huge fantasy points for Voeckler today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think Coppell is still in that VdB group too. More Pantani points.

Edit: My mistake, wrong white jersey :blush:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yep :(

I could kick myself for being stuck with those two Europcar doms that foiled my gamble today.

Huge fantasy points for Voeckler today.

87 by my calculations. I thought about Voeckler too, the DS rider to go with him in that permutation...

Feillu, some serious points with those two in your team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tour de Force from Sky.

Rolland and VdB, are the surprises.
I guess VdB answers the question:-

Why didn't they attack earlier?

A) He couldn't.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Tour de Force from Sky.

Rolland and VdB, are the surprises.
I guess VdB answers the question:-

Why didn't they attack earlier?

A) He couldn't.

You are right I think, Evans five minutes down on the Wiggins group.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Top top ride again from Tommy Voeckler :bowdown:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sky just rode it to perfection again. Such a strong team, they were able to set the tempo high enough to prevent attacks when it mattered. Even when Nibali jumps, they just reel him in. It's almost embarrassingly easy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Come on Vino :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh ffs !, Vino loses his pedal :facepalm:

Fantasy game over. Chapeau Pantani.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sky just rode it to perfection again. Such a strong team, they were able to set the tempo high enough to prevent attacks when it mattered. Even when Nibali jumps, they just reel him in. It's almost embarrassingly easy.

The GC ranks are as weak as I can remember. The Tour De France is the Tour De Bore this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here