Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
With 2 team mates up the road is this the day we see a serious move from Evans? If it turns out all the GC contenders are equally knackered this could end up being a slow burner that never catches fire.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Voeckler doing his best to drop Kessiakoff for that KoM jersey.

Dan Martin looking really strong. Long way to go though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Love Europcar. Tommy doing a job on the KoM and now Kern up the road for Rolland :bowdown:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Voeckler doing his best to drop Kessiakoff for that KoM jersey.

Dan Martin looking really strong. Long way to go though.

Feel he is laying too much down too early. There are still two 1st Cats to go after this, he does not need to break all his allies with more than 80km to go.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Getting to the hard bit of the Tourmalet now.

I've skied down this from the top. Theres a nice cafe too full of Tour memorabilia.

Wouldn't DREAM of riding a bike up it ffs!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Feel he is laying too much down too early. There are still two 1st Cats to go after this, he does not need to break all his allies with more than 80km to go.

Voeckler or Martin?

Martin - yes, I agree, too early in terms of going for a stage win.

Voeckler - perfect I think as can't see Kessiakoff coming back to him to take those two cat 1's ahead of him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I see Stortoni is there. I was doing some research on him last night. Couldn't find much on him but rider type given as 'Strada'. I assumed that was Italian for road or possibly sprinter lost in translation. No idea he was a climber :facepalm: Oh well, at least my cheap dom in the shape of Sprick gave it a go earlier.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Voeckler or Martin?

Martin - yes, I agree, too early in terms of going for a stage win.

Voeckler - perfect I think as can't see Kessiakoff coming back to him to take those two cat 1's ahead of him.

Martin, Tommy does not want to win the stage, so will probably be only looking to the top of the last Cat 1, or even the one before that.

Tourmalet

1. Voeckler 25pts

2. Feillu 20pts

3. Martin 16pts - at 1'08"

4. Kessiakoff 14pts - at 1'30"

5. Sorensen 12pts

6. Voigt 10pts

7. Ten Dam 8pts

8. Hincapie 6pts

9. Stortoni 4pts

10. Vinokourov 2pts

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So to go for a long one over The Aspin or balls out up The Peyresourde?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Martin, Tommy does not want to win the stage, so will probably be only looking to the top of the last Cat 1, or even the one before that.

Tourmalet

1. Voeckler 25pts

2. Feillu 20pts

3. Martin 16pts - at 1'08"

4. Kessiakoff 14pts - at 1'30"

5. Sorensen 12pts

6. Voigt 10pts

7. Ten Dam 8pts

8. Hincapie 6pts

9. Stortoni 4pts

10. Vinokourov 2pts

16 points between top two in King of the Mountain

What points on offer on the Aspin and Peyresourde, shame its not a mountain top finish and double points on offer

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I make the KoM points like this now:

1. Kessiakoff 103
2. Voeckler 87
3. Sorensen Who cares

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been up and over Aspin and halfway up this side of the Tourmalet.

In the car :down:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Thing is, at this rate Tommy could well go on and take the stage. I didn't expect the gap to be quite this big. I thought Voeckler would be caught by GC on the Aspin probably having gone KoM crazy and given his last few ounces for Rolland who'd jumped off the GC.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
16 points between top two in King of the Mountain

What points on offer on the Aspin and Peyresourde, shame its not a mountain top finish and double points on offer

10 points for first over the top. So even if Voeckler wins both it will be close, they will have to fight it out again tomorrow.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thing is, at this rate Tommy could well go on and take the stage. I didn't expect the gap to be quite this big. I thought Voeckler would be caught by GC on the Aspin probably having gone KoM crazy and given his last few ounces for Rolland who'd jumped off the GC.

10 minutes is nothing in the mountains, if one of the big GC names goes for it over the Aspin they will reel that in no problem. Especially as it is just two in the breakaway, watch for them both blow up spectacularly on the final climb.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
10 minutes is nothing in the mountains, if one of the big GC names goes for it over the Aspin they will reel that in no problem.
The one thing we are all waiting for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here