The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Then Tuesday a rest Day

Wednesday: Big Mountain stage and downhill finish
Thursday: Big Mountain stage and summit finish
Stage 17 - Tour de France 2012
Friday: Rolling hill stage with some climbs
Saturday: Time trial
Sunday: > Paris

T Pinot is still in contention for the white jersey (young rider) and if he gets a summit finish he could win the polka dot (mountains) and might want to improve his GC position.

Rolland might have pre-planned his break yesterday to get some more mountain points. Not many points yesterday though.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rolland might have pre-planned his break yesterday to get some more mountain points. Not many points yesterday though.
You're a lot more charitable than is fellow competitors.

Which reminds me, how did we let Tejay get away with that, yesterday.

What is it with American's and chain of command, it was like being back in Vietnam.
I would love to have been on that bus, when Cadel rolled in, I bet it was like squeaky WWE.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1342176595432-1404unkdhj2ay-670-70.jpg

Aston Martin One-77 Superbike Unveiled In London - BikeRadar

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Disc brakes? On a road bike?

:sick:

And 9.5kg! What's it for?

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is one of the wheels on the wrong way round?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is horrible. Disc brakes :nono: What is with that fork? The built in computer looks dreadful, the chainset looks like something made by Sunrace... in 1980. Eight spoke wheels? Is this bike a BMX? And those pedals, the only way they could be worse was if they were celeste or something.

I'm more concerned by the fact that the back wheel appears to rub against the back of the frame!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm more concerned by the fact that the back wheel appears to rub against the back of the frame!

The seat tube is probably split to house the rear wheel. It's a truely horrible bike and has no use in cycling. You can't race it, it's not a super-light mountain-goat, and nobody who rides would be at all impressed if you turned up on a Sunday morning on that!

It's just all sorts of wrong.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
That is horrible. Disc brakes :nono: What is with that fork? The built in computer looks dreadful, the chainset looks like something made by Sunrace... in 1980. Eight spoke wheels? Is this bike a BMX? And those pedals, the only way they could be worse was if they were celeste or something.

I agree. It look shit. What is that split down tube rubbish - that'd flick the muck all over your bike! Although it might come with a nice set of £3000 carbon mudguards for winter runs on crappy english country lanes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So we'll put that in the 'maybe' pile.

(Sorry Chaps I should have posted in our main residence, not the holiday home)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What odds for back marker (130th out of 162) Yauheni Hutarovich to win the race today ???

I cannot find the page for betting on individual stages.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Jerome out too, nearly put him in yesterday. How many twitter feeds, news articles and web blogs do you have to read to find out exactly who is ill?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports