The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok then who's going to win Stage 11:-

Froome Dog.

He'll be sent off after VdB, and much to Sky's (BW) chagrin they won't come back.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Going for Rein Taaramae today, he's been climbing well and will want young riders jersey, 100/1 in places to win stage ...gonna be an exciting day anyway.

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Whats the story!

Journalist Kimmage not allowed to follow Team Sky around like he did Garmin the other year. Sounds like he had the go ahead, i.e Times journalist, SKY team, same owners.

Just sounds like Brad did not want him around. The Transparacy issue is one about the whole sport not just SKY who I believe are too wrapped up trying to win the race.

Hopefully afterwards all the data and tests gathered will be realeased.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

2+2=9. Maybe Bradley Wiggins didn't want a bitter hanger on around him while he tried to create history. Brad not wanting Kimmage there seems to be thing he is drawing the conclusions from. There is no talk in this article of the lower speeds and wattages being put out in this Tour, which is the true indication of whether doping is occurring, not some assumptions from Mr Anti Doping that the way Brad responded in an interview was Armstrongesque so he must be doping.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My mind keeps saying Gesink but he looks cooked.

Pierre Rolland looked like he was finding his legs yesterday and he may make it a Europcar second day win in the high high mountains.

The bookies fancy Van Den Broeck but I am not sure the peleton will let him go.

I have also been waiting for Dan Martin to take off but I reckon that is for the Pyrenesse.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The bookies fancy Van Den Broeck but I am not sure the peleton will let him go.

I think they will let him go, Brad and Froome will not fear him for the TT so can afford to let him go. BMC and Liquigas won't chase him either unless they are giving up the chances of winning already and are just scrapping for spots on the podium..

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Stage 11:-

tdf12.st11.map11_600.jpg

tdf12.st11.profile11_600.jpg

This is Tour de France country....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will Radioshack consolidate to win the team competition or will they breakaway on the first climb and give Bradley Wiggins something to think about?

Tour de France 2012

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Will Radioshack consolidate to win the team competition or will they breakaway on the first climb and give Bradley Wiggins something to think about?

Tour de France 2012

Team competition for them, I would think, but it would be interesting if they went for it. They have three or four cards they can play on a stage like this, Gallopin nearly finished dead last yesterday though so he may not be up for it in the high mountains.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Ok then who's going to win Stage 11:-

Froome Dog.

He'll be sent off after VdB, and much to Sky's (BW) chagrin they won't come back.

Good call. Now that would be a stage and a half.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It would be interesting if Pinot was in a breakaway. Except the French cameras will follow him and forget about the race ??

Even more interesting of there is Montford in it.

It will be pretend probably.

On the second climb the peleton will fall to bits and there might be eliminations? My betting is both Rogers and Wiggins will still be strong in the Sky team.

Last edited:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Did anyone else hear yesterday that the arrest of Remy di Gregorio was in regards to his involment in cocaine smuggling/supply ring and not to do with competition doping.

I wondered how true this was or the French media in possible denial that Cofidis could still hire riders linked to doping.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Unable to watch this evening so managed to get a half day holiday off work today instead :banana:

I think today's winner will come from either Rolland or VDB being allowed to get away, or Froome if it all comes togther near the finish. Nibali as an outside bet, but I'm not fully convinced by him, despite being stuck with him in my team. Another bad day for me fantasy points wise I reckon as I couldn't work in all the ones I wanted.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Love these fully live from start to finish stages - the early attacks before a settled breakaway group forms are just manic !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports