Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stage 11:-

tdf12.st11.map11_600.jpg

tdf12.st11.profile11_600.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tomorrow should be Brad and the boys toughest test.
Other than saving time at the end of the stage, 'giving up' Yellow seems a little pointless as everyone will still see BW as the favourite.

Chris Boardman looks to have it nailled when he said the only rider to come out of today with credentials is Jurgen Van Den Broeck.
I'm not buying Nibali 'I just soft pedalled back to the leaders'.
And Cadel can attack all he wants in the last 100 metres.

Tomorrow will definitely be messy and it all starts at 12pm.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I owe my Mrs big, I was not going to put Tommy in my team today, but she talked me in to it. Gone from 5th to 2nd in one stage!

Bit of master stroke that, what with his dodgy knee an' all. Fair play. You're back up to top on our overall too I see. Game well and truly on !

49, my lowest points score of the Tour.
Which is a shame as I thought I had a decent side out there, today.

You still out scored me today...and I thought I had a decent team out too :facepalm:

As you can gather, I've just finished watching back the stage 'as live'. All seems a bit pointless commenting on it now...does anyone on this thread actually have a proper day job or what !? :glare:
Have to say though that it was really good to see two of everyone's favourite riders there today - it's has to be impossible not to like TV & Jens. After today though I may have to get the thumb screws out on my kids. WHY did they BOTH have Jens Voigt in their team today is what I want to know ! Questions will have to be answered that's for sure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As you can gather, I've just finished watching back the stage 'as live'. All seems a bit pointless commenting on it now...does anyone on this thread actually have a proper day job or what !? :glare:
I'm a postie that finishes around 2pm :dance:
Sadly though tomorrows 12pm ITV4 start time means, I'll have to burn a lot of post, to be home in time.
I hope it's not raining so hard, I'll take my lucky petrol with me, just in case.

Have to say though that it was really good to see two of everyone's favourite riders there today - it's has to be impossible not to like TV & Jens. After today though I may have to get the thumb screws out on my kids. WHY did they BOTH have Jens Voigt in their team today is what I want to know ! Questions will have to be answered that's for sure.
Jen's all the way, for me, as my signature implies.
But obviously Tommy V is still the man.

I'd love to see footage of the time Jens crashed on a descent and couldn't get another bike.
He rode part of the way down on a very little girls bike, he took from the owner on the side of the road.

If it's going to happen it's going to happen to Jens.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
That's the problem now. The obvious choices will not get me closer to 1066 but take some risks like I did last week and I might have a few more scores in the teens!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That's the problem now. The obvious choices will not get me closer to 1066 but take some risks like I did last week and I might have a few more scores in the teens!

I tried to chase the big scores in the Giro, it never works out. Pick what you think is best with a few DS riders who like a break and you may hit the jackpot. Remember 1066 basically smashed us in the Giro because Rubiano got 100 points all on his own in one stage, get a couple of those in a Tour and you are laughing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't see tomorrow being the day.

The attacking is going to be (should be) relentless, from the off.
I just can't see a group of no marks getting up the road and making it stick for the day, the pace behind will be too fast.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I tried to chase the big scores in the Giro, it never works out. Pick what you think is best with a few DS riders who like a break and you may hit the jackpot. Remember 1066 basically smashed us in the Giro because Rubiano got 100 points all on his own in one stage, get a couple of those in a Tour and you are laughing.

Ssshhh, don't tell everyone :lol:

I have to say, defending yellow isn't easy, and neither was defending pink ( insert smug smiley here )

There's certainly a long long way to go in this Tour yet.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Oh, and in the interests of getting the facts correct for posterity, should we need them, Rubiano scored me 60 odd on that breakaway stage. Tommy scored you 72 today :p

Not that I'm counting of course.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
God I want to go to bed, and it's getting interesting here.
[MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] is scrapping on 2 fronts having dissed my bar tape on Geeks.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

I know you tried to chase the big scores, I overturned about a 50 point deficit to steal 2nd off you!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
God I want to go to bed, and it's getting interesting here.
[MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] is scrapping on 2 fronts having dissed my bar tape on Geeks.

I'm just jealous you guys got to watch the stage today, I've been at work since 10 and am not due to finish for another hour or so. I'm sure I'll be back to normal tomorrow...

unless I get someone in the break again, then I may become insufferable.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh, and in the interests of getting the facts correct for posterity, should we need them, Rubiano scored me 60 odd on that breakaway stage. Tommy scored you 72 today :p

Not that I'm counting of course.

What we have really learnt is that all our research and analysis and knowledge is worth nothing. Tommy was in my team because 'I like Voeckler, he's plucky, you should put him in", so if you want any tips for tomorrow I'll ask the Mrs and see what she says. Though she will never pick Greipel even for a sprint stage because she doesn't like his face!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It is getting interesting. Sam now going in for the counter attack.

Anyway, to continue, who's game was it in the first place and has previous experience I wonder? :whistle:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What we have really learnt is that all our research and analysis and knowledge is worth nothing. Tommy was in my team because 'I like Voeckler, he's plucky, you should put him in", so if you want any tips for tomorrow I'll ask the Mrs and see what she says. Though she will never pick Greipel even for a sprint stage because she doesn't like his face!

True enough :lolol:

Like I said earlier, I'll be sitting my two eldest down and demanding answers, it'll probably be easier than endless research. Just a shame I can't get the two youngest into it too, they'd probably go for the rider with the best looking sunglasses and prettiest cycling shoes. Who is it wears gold one's now ?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It is getting interesting. Sam now going in for the counter attack.

Anyway, to continue, who's game was it in the first place and has previous experience I wonder? :whistle:

Who kindly gave you guys far too many tips at the start, instead of keeping it all to himself :down:

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Could be a great stage tomorrow - short enough for it to go bat-sh't mental if Evans, Nibali etc put the pressure on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here