Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Apologies if someone's already posted it, but Tony Martin has called it a day. Hardly surprising really, he did well to post that time yesterday considering the nature of the injury.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cofidis's Team Hotel being raided...

Rémi di Gregorio arrested...

Hmmm, wonder if there'll be more developments overnight with another early hours raid or something silly. I can't see it, as it's linked to his time at Astana, but makes me wary of picking a Cofidis rider for tomorrow now (sorry to belittle it by applying it to the fantasy game we're playing).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The CyclingNews forums make for some interesting reading. Quite a few Sky haters on there now. Mind you, I did have to laugh at the term 'Friggins'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The CyclingNews forums make for some interesting reading. Quite a few Sky haters on there now. Mind you, I did have to laugh at the term 'Friggins'.
I guess it's the Man Utd syndrome, which is a shame.
I'd imagine these are the same people that pi$$ed themselves laughing (me inc) when Dave B said 'a British winner within 5 years'.
Now they are not enjoying having their noses well and truly rubbed in it. Whereas I am (just in case you hadn't noticed).

I did chuckle at one post race interview with Dave B.
Looking behind him it was just a sea of Sky merchandise, worn by all manner of people.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hmmm, wonder if there'll be more developments overnight with another early hours raid or something silly. I can't see it, as it's linked to his time at Astana, but makes me wary of picking a Cofidis rider for tomorrow now (sorry to belittle it by applying it to the fantasy game we're playing).

What do you mean? I'm surprised it was not reported that he was in my team. I know I am a long way back but the systematic doping of my riders is wrong and I hold my hands up. :nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

What do you mean? I'm surprised it was not reported that he was in my team. I know I am a long way back but the systematic doping of my riders is wrong and I hold my hands up. :nono:
This is just Cofidis' bad due diligence, which bearing in mind their history, is probably more shocking than the doping.
Astana well, I guess as they are not going to be kicked out of the pro tour, as they would have been years ago.
Hopefully they'll find themselves more and more marginalised.

As for doping in your team, P.
STOP BLOODY WELL USING CANNABIS. :lol:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

I am fully compliant with the UCI and WADA drug testing requirements and none of my team's riders have ever tested positive.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Mark Cavendish ‏[MENTION=12437]Mark[/MENTION]Cavendish
So @TeamSky's rest day training ride featured an impromptu 'highest cadence competition'. I won with 227rpm..

ssshhheeeeeiiitttttttt.

I know it's preaching to the converted but I'll get rightly flamed if I start a new thread.

Anyone caught up with the Wiggins press and wanting to catch up on the events so far.

ITV4 @ 7 has a review of the tour, so far.

Those highlights were excellent - I thought I would give myself (and my wife) a day off the Tour yesterday but loved watching it all over again.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stage 10 Pre-race thoughts

Going up a f***ing great mountain today. Lots of attacks and Sky have the men to send out into the first attacks to act as passengers and slow them down if they can. But there might be some dummy attacks by the other teams with a high GC classification rider so Sky may have to ignore some.

Ideally, a group with a high GC rider (e.g. Monfort) get away for minutes and the Sky-led Peleton cannot haul them back and then a rider goes off the front of the breakaway group and then how many minutes can the Peleton and Sky reel in.

Tour de France 2012: it has already started on the flat introductory prelude to the race proper when the hills start

I will be supporting Maxime Montfort in the race today (if he is allowed to go in a break).

Last edited:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Rough translation...

Weller is a bit like Johnny here, an incongruity ... Probably the most respected singer of his island

Just in case anyone cares, that's a reference to Johnny Halliday, French legend never taken seriously in the UK.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1:00 pm BST Weather f sunny 21 C.

The 25 leaders - Burghardt, Cummings, Popovych, Voigt, Scarponi, Sagan, Grivko, Voeckler, Arashiro, Martinez, Millar, Zabriskie, Peraud, Jeandesboz, Horrach, Casar, Hutarovich, Ladagnous, Sanchez (RAB), Kroon, Morkov, Fofonov, Devenyns, Gerrans and Goss - are now 5'55" ahead of the peloton which is at the 71km mark.

This is the maximum gain of the escape so far today. No SKY riders in this group.

Just before the first climb of Category 2. I bet there is carnage at the lats mountain climb and ITV4 will not know where all the riders are.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
IF he holds on another couple of weeks then I'd love to hear an argument against him being the greatest British athlete/sportsman ever to walk these Isles. A knighthood isn't recognition enough.
The greatest cyclist to come from the British Isles was Irish!
Regardless of whether that's correct or not, what's that got to do with anything? Irish people are not British. Brixtaan is saying he could be the greatest British sportsman, so what's the point in saying that there are better cyclists elsewhere in Europe? You really are special.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Regardless of whether that's correct or not, what's that got to do with anything? Irish people are not British. Brixtaan is saying he could be the greatest British sportsman, so what's the point in saying that there are better cyclists elsewhere in Europe? You really are special.

He's obviously continuing his bizarre idea of nationality/heritage from the racist Australians thread!!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

And you're pretty thick if you think I was being serious.

Well done for making that much obvious. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here