Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Thread

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
With the draft next week, what's everyone hoping their team will do?

And would anyone share my disappointment if Philip Rivers went to the Titans? It would just seem like such a waste when he could either stay with a half decent team or join a team that's only a QB away from contention.

And as a bonus, will Adrian Peterson be with the Vikings in a fortnight's time?

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Running backs are a must for us (Falcons) a area which badly needs addressing!

The release of the schedule and draft next week has got my really excited for the new season and then I realise it's still months away :-( lol will be trying to get out to Atlanta for the Buccs game in November!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
With the draft next week, what's everyone hoping their team will do?

And would anyone share my disappointment if Philip Rivers went to the Titans? It would just seem like such a waste when he could either stay with a half decent team or join a team that's only a QB away from contention.

And as a bonus, will Adrian Peterson be with the Vikings in a fortnight's time?

I read that Rivers had grown disillusioned with the Chargers, but surely he's better off there than at the Titans? As you say, bit of a waste.

The Jags seem to be nailed on for either Dante Fowler or Leonard Williams, both exciting players but to me we still look way too light on the offense, Julius Thomas is a great signing, and Jermey Parnell is a bit of a beast but we still have no experience within the receivers, perhaps if that gets addressed with another free agency signing , Greg Jennings for example, then an explosive DE will be the way to go.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Running backs are a must for us (Falcons) a area which badly needs addressing!

The release of the schedule and draft next week has got my really excited for the new season and then I realise it's still months away :-( lol will be trying to get out to Atlanta for the Buccs game in November!

If you can get a decent running back then I think you'll be a force to be reckoned with, what with Shanahan joining as well.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If you can get a decent running back then I think you'll be a force to be reckoned with, what with Shanahan joining as well.

An area the Jags need to address too. Toby Gerhart is being shifted to full back which leaves Denard Robinson, Bernard Pierce and Storm Johnson, that's not a wealth of talent really. Todd Gurley would be a nice acquisition but his stock is rising quickly and I can't see Caldwell using #3 on a running back :(

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
An area the Jags need to address too. Toby Gerhart is being shifted to full back which leaves Denard Robinson, Bernard Pierce and Storm Johnson, that's not a wealth of talent really. Todd Gurley would be a nice acquisition but his stock is rising quickly and I can't see Caldwell using #3 on a running back :(

I wouldn't pretend to know much about draft prospects but by all accounts this is a very good draft class for running backs, so it seems possible that you'll be able to get a very decent player in the second round.

Out of interest, how did you come to be a Jaguars fan?

And by the way, don't talk to me about Gerhardt! I thought I was being clever drafting him for my fantasy team last year.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
EEEEEEAAAAAAGGGGGLLLLLEEEEEESSSSSS

This will be our year

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Looking at the Bucs schedule I'm not sure we can be any worse than last season. 7 of our first 8 matches are against teams with losing records last season!

I'll be aiming to get out to a game this season as I'm fortunate enough to have BA concessions :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I wouldn't pretend to know much about draft prospects but by all accounts this is a very good draft class for running backs, so it seems possible that you'll be able to get a very decent player in the second round.

Out of interest, how did you come to be a Jaguars fan?

And by the way, don't talk to me about Gerhardt! I thought I was being clever drafting him for my fantasy team last year.

Ha ha, his yards per carry were atrocious. D-Rob actually did very well when Toby got injured, blessing in disguise perhaps. I think he's too small to last a whole season at RB though.

To answer your question about 'why the Jags?' Ive always enjoyed the NFL but wanted a reason to follow it more closely, I deliberated over a few teams, tried the NFL team selector and so on, but in the in the end I thought I'd go for a team that was so poor I could never be accused of being a glory hunter, also I have family in Florida :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Looking at the Bucs schedule I'm not sure we can be any worse than last season. 7 of our first 8 matches are against teams with losing records last season!

I'll be aiming to get out to a game this season as I'm fortunate enough to have BA concessions :)

Week 5 - Jags @ Tampa = mouth watering :lol:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
EEEEEEAAAAAAGGGGGLLLLLEEEEEESSSSSS

This will be our year

Eagles @ Falcons 1st game Monday night football..... Can't wait,the chip Kelly bandwagon makes its first stop in Atlanta,Could be fantastic game! Plus it's on my birthday and my gf and all her family are huge Eagles fans couldn't ask for a better first game!! Lol

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Ha ha, his yards per carry were atrocious. D-Rob actually did very well when Toby got injured, blessing in disguise perhaps. I think he's too small to last a whole season at RB though.

To answer your question about 'why the Jags?' Ive always enjoyed the NFL but wanted a reason to follow it more closely, I deliberated over a few teams, tried the NFL team selector and so on, but in the in the end I thought I'd go for a team that was so poor I could never be accused of being a glory hunter, also I have family in Florida :)

Nice. Most people seem to have a team they liked in the 80s (as is the case with me), or support the Patriots. I'm interested to see how they do this season, particularly how Bortles does in his second season, and with Thomas to help him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here