Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official 2014 CPFC managerial farce thread

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He won't keep them up. Good manager for the Championship though

Disappointing, he's the guy who I would have wanted here so they've got another one over on us. But there are no guarantees of course he can repeat what Pulis did, might be much more competitive bottom 6 than last season in the Prem

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So do they now have to get rid of all the hoofball merchants in their squad and buy back/recall all the creative players they had no use for under Pulis?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am glad that he is not our manager as we are trying to be FFP compliant and couldnt do that with him. Another spell in administration beckons if their chairman is weak and gives in to him. Probably got the job based on his association at Cardiff with Moody.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Here's hoping to it all going pear shaped at Smellhurst before Christmas , he only has one job to do , spend spend spend on shit players.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's an interesting choice, I can see how the more abrasive Sherwood might have been able to keep up the intensity and continue where Pulis left off. It remains to be seen whether the players will want to fight for Malky in the same way as they did for Pulis.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Disappointing, he's the guy who I would have wanted here so they've got another one over on us. But there are no guarantees of course he can repeat what Pulis did, might be much more competitive bottom 6 than last season in the Prem

They've got one over on you you mean? ???

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Spent a shedload getting Cardiff promoted but to be fair did succeed where many had failed before. They were outside the relegation zone on goal difference so hardly set the world alight in the big leagues and has limited experience at that level and is inheriting a team that plays in a very different way to how his sides line up normally.

Whether he succeeds or not only time will tell. However, I'd say that their chances of going down have just increased significantly and for that reason I'm in...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How did he fail at Cardiff? He got them promoted and they weren't in the relegation zone when he left

He spent a lot more than the other promoted clubs and others and only had them out of the relegation zone on goal difference. Hardly a great success. Parish seems to want to keep a tight budget at Palace if Pulis's exit is anything to go by so I doubt he'll have the money available that he did at Cardiff. Not saying it's a terrible appointment but I don't think it's a good one either.

WARNING: BACK TRACKING IMMINENT.

Expect complete denouncement of Mackay's skills as a manager and utter refusal to admit some wanted him as our boss.

:lolol: I honestly would have given our fans more credit than that but looks as though you were right, it's total Private Eye-style volte face stuff

May 27, 2014
WARNING: BACK TRACKING IMMINENT.

Expect complete denouncement of Mackay's skills as a manager and utter refusal to admit some wanted him as our boss.

I'd have been more than happy for him to have been appointed as our manager - or Chris Hughton. I'll reserve judgement on Sami until January but the omens don't look promising.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
is this official?

Not official but done i think . This will now allow us to get wilf back and very strong rumours that he might be intrested in noone at cardiff . How did you rate him ? i must admit ive never been impressed by him much rather have wilf + 1 more winger .

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
t8IHP.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here