Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC BIG win cash giveaway competition - QUADRUPLE ROLLOVER £125 jackpot !!!1!!1!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Finally back from Leicester - I had given thought to another question, but can't be goal related. Maybe first booking.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Half-time result: Leeds
Albion goals: 0
Leeds goals: 1
First Albion goalscorer: None
First Albion booking: Barnes

Ker-ching!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All it will take is for the first goal to be scored by a fringe player. Lots of people guess CMS, Barnes, Dobbie and Buckley. Greer, El Abd, Crofts scoring would be a good separator. Last night, after half time 22 people had unique predictions

If Mackail-Smith took and scored that penalty and it ended 1-1, Brighton Seagulls would have won.

If we'd have come back in the second half, with the goal scorers:
4-4; Barnes
3-1; Crofts
3-2; Barnes
2-1; Bridge
2-2; Barnes, Bridge, or Mackail-Smith

Or if we score but didn't get a point
2-3; Mackail-Smith
2-4; Mackail-Smith
1-2; Barnes, Buckley or Greer
1-3; Barnes, Bridge, Buckley, Crofts, Dobbie or David Lopez
1-4; Mackail-Smith

Yes, we've not concede more than one goal in a game in the league, but that isn't likely to last all season, so 2-1, 2-2, 1-2, 1-3 are not unlikely outcomes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm with Acker btw. Keep it as it is. I find it FUNNY that no-one can win (so far). The fact we haven't scored in months is largely to blame for that, anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
First booking is just total luck though. There is very little evidence on which to base a prediction, whereas forecasting the result/goalscorer involves an element of skill/knowledge.

As Conboy says above, it's becoming obvious that nobody is going to win this with a 1-0, 0-0, 1-1 prediction. It's going to be won because either a) there is a more uncommon result or b) an unusual first goalscorer. And when that happens, that person will deserve the cash because they'll have pulled something impressive out the bag.

Agreed. (Apart from the part about the booking - its wouldn't be luck to predict that our most likely booking would be Greer, Bridcutt or Barnes*)

*Unless Dunk gets a game!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
All it will take is for the first goal to be scored by a fringe player. Lots of people guess CMS, Barnes, Dobbie and Buckley. Greer, El Abd, Crofts scoring would be a good separator. Last night, after half time 22 people had unique predictions

If Mackail-Smith took and scored that penalty and it ended 1-1, Brighton Seagulls would have won.

If we'd have come back in the second half, with the goal scorers:
4-4; Barnes
3-1; Crofts
3-2; Barnes
2-1; Bridge
2-2; Barnes, Bridge, or Mackail-Smith

Or if we score but didn't get a point
2-3; Mackail-Smith
2-4; Mackail-Smith
1-2; Barnes, Buckley or Greer
1-3; Barnes, Bridge, Buckley, Crofts, Dobbie or David Lopez
1-4; Mackail-Smith

Yes, we've not concede more than one goal in a game in the league, but that isn't likely to last all season, so 2-1, 2-2, 1-2, 1-3 are not unlikely outcomes.

Nice stattage. And excellent reasoning as to why the competition should remain as is. At some point someone is going to win big, and it will have taken a little more NOUS than LUCK to win it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can I just point out that it is all for fun and not costing anyone anything other than about 30 seconds of their time...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My issue with this is that even if we work on the basis that it is only those three players who will be booked, it's still total pot luck as to which it will be. You can't possibly sit at home on your computer and envisage a booking taking place on Saturday. If that is included, it may as well just be a sweepstake.

Surely its no different to the scorer? Barnes, CMS, BUckley are most likely, but the person who wins will be the one who's taken a GUESS on it being Greer.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I was almost right with my prediction of 8-7....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here