[Albion] The November 2023 Albion players on international duty thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
And so we come to the final international break of the year. An opportunity for fans to take a breather, players to work on the training ground and Roberto De Zerbi to stick some pins into voodoo dolls of English referees. Albion have 18 (I believe) players on international duty over the next week, not including Lewis Dunk who has had to withdraw from the England squad. Numerous other injured players would almost certainly have been called up if they had been fit.

The November roll call (senior squad unless otherwise indicated):

Kaoru Mitoma (Japan)
Billy Gilmour (Scotland)
Joao Pedro (Brazil)
Simon Adingra (Ivory Coast)
Bart Verbruggen (Netherlands)
Evan Ferguson (ROI)
Pascal Gross (Germany)
Facundo Buonanotte (Argentina U-23)
Andrew Moran (ROI U-21 but subsequently called into the senior squad)
Killian Cahill (ROI U-21)
Yasin Ayari (Sweden U-21)
Kacper Kozlowski (Poland U-21)
Ruairi McConville (Northern Ireland U-19 AND U-21)
James Beadle (England U-20)
Jack Hinshelwood (England U-19)
Joshua Duffus (England U-19)
Mark O'Mahony (ROI U-19)
Adam Brett (Wales U-17)

Each day I'll preview who might see action for their country.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And so we come to the final international break of the year. An opportunity for fans to take a breather, players to work on the training ground and Roberto De Zerbi to stick some pins into voodoo dolls of English referees. Albion have 18 (I believe) players on international duty over the next week, not including Lewis Dunk who has had to withdraw from the England squad. Numerous other injured players would almost certainly have been called up if they had been fit.

The November roll call (senior squad unless otherwise indicated):

Kaoru Mitoma (Japan)
Billy Gilmour (Scotland)
Joao Pedro (Brazil)
Simon Adingra (Ivory Coast)
Bart Verbruggen (Netherlands)
Evan Ferguson (ROI)
Pascal Gross (Germany)
Facundo Buonanotte (Argentina U-23)
Andrew Moran (ROI U-21 but subsequently called into the senior squad)
Killian Cahill (ROI U-21)
Yasin Ayari (Sweden U-21)
Ruairi McConville (Northern Ireland U-19 AND U-21)
James Beadle (England U-20)
Jack Hinshelwood (England U-19)
Joshua Duffus (England U-19)
Mark O'Mahony (ROI U-19)
Adam Brett (Wales U-17)

Each day I'll preview who might see action for their country.
Top work!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Things get underway on Wednesday with four players potentially in action:-

Mark O'Mahony is in Albania with the ROI U-19s as they play their UEFA 2024 U-19 European Championship Qualifying Round Group 13 matches. They face the hosts first up, with Slovenia to follow on Saturday and Belgium next Tuesday.

Jack Hinshelwood and Joshua Duffus are in Spain with the England U-19s. They face Romania in a friendly at the Marbella Football Center in Malaga. On Saturday they face Japan with Mexico to follow on Tuesday.

Ruairi McConville is included in the Northern Ireland U-19 squad for a friendly in Larne against Hungary. He will then join up with the U-21 squad for their European Championship qualifier at Goodison Park against England next Tuesday.

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
Kaoru Mitoma has been withdrawn from Samurai Blue due to injury. Hope they are only pretending.

Source: https://www.jfa.jp/national_team/mens_all_2023/news/00033238/

> We regret to announce that Kaoru Mitoma (Brighton and Hove Albion FC) has been forced to withdraw from the team for the FIFA World Cup 26 Asian Second Qualifying Round and AFC Asian Cup Saudi Arabia 2027 Qualifier on 16 and 21 November due to injury.

> Comments from Kaoru Mitoma
> "I joined the team believing that I could help the team as it was a World Cup qualifier, but unfortunately, I am not able to play at 100% condition, which is frustrating, but I will leave my thoughts with my remaining teammates. I will recover as soon as possible, and first of all, I will try my best to perform well again in my team and play for the national team again."

Last edited:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Mark O'Mahony started for the Republic of Ireland U-19s, scored two goals in a 3-1 win and played the whole match against hosts Albania as the Irish made a decent start to their group.

The England U-19s just kicked off against Romania at the Marbella Football Center - no word on line-ups yet.

Ruairi McConville and the Northern Ireland U-19s face Hungary this evening with a 7pm kick-off - the match is being streamed on the FIFA website - https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/live/event/2XJAPfUW3kWrUuZX6eRHP33Q5qp

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Mark O'Mahony, incidentally, has played in 19 matches so far this season for club and country (16 starts and 3 sub appearances) and has scored 14 goals. He has scored in 11 of those 19 matches.
Shame he didn't come off the bench on Sunday!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Jack Hinshelwood started for the England U-19s with Josh Duffus on the bench. Apparently England lead 4-0.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A summary of Wednesday's action:-

Mark O'Mahony started, scored two goals and played the whole match for the ROI U-19s as they began their European Championship Qualifying Round Group 13 fixtures with a 3-1 victory over hosts Albania.

Jack Hinshelwood started and played 60 minutes for the England U-19 side as they thrashed Romania 6-0 in a friendly at the Marbella Football Center in Malaga.

Joshua Duffus came on as a 60th-minute substitute in that England U-19 win.

Ruairi McConville was an unused sub for the Northern Ireland U-19 side as they were defeated 2-1 by Hungary in Larne in a friendly.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The potential for Thursday Albion international action:-

Billy Gilmour may get a start for already-qualified Scotland in their UEFA EURO 2024 qualifier away in Georgia.

Joao Pedro will hope for his senior debut for Brazil as they travel to Colombia for a FIFA 2026 World Cup CONMEBOL qualifier.

Yasin Ayari and the Sweden U-21s face Finland at home in a friendly.

James Beadle is with the England U-20s as they host Italy in an U-20 European Elite League fixture in Doncaster.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd completely forgotten we owned this dude. Seems to have played pretty much every game for Vitesse but also to have been demoted from the full Poland squad to their U21s.

Have you seen anything of him AZ? Anything to indicate he might be in our midfield next season or, alternatively, moved on?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'd completely forgotten we owned this dude. Seems to have played pretty much every game for Vitesse but also to have been demoted from the full Poland squad to their U21s.

Have you seen anything of him AZ? Anything to indicate he might be in our midfield next season or, alternatively, moved on?
I think the only match I have ever watched in which he has played was the pre-season friendly at the training ground against RUSG in the summer of 2022; he played less than 30 minutes as he came on at half-time but then got injured. I can barely remember anything about the game.

It's a bit harsh to say he was demoted from the full Poland squad. He made his debut as a bit of a wonderkid at the age of 17, and all his senior caps came before he joined Albion - he did get a call-up in March of this year but had to pull out due to injury. He got another call-up in September, without featuring.

I can offer zero intelligence on what his Albion future might be.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
WBG has started for Scotland against Georgia.

Casper Nilsson has started for the Swedish U-20s against Denmark.

Yasin Ayari has started for the Swedish U-21s against Finland.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Love the way Scotland commentators are blaming the pitch. BG tees up the shite Lyndon Dykes who keeps skying everything. Spain have won the group - 3-0 up in Cyprus.

"Just another rainy night in Georgia"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports