Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What do you expect? The group on the right side of the North decide to move even further towards the West Stand, and the rest of the stand, particularly towards the East end, suffers. An idea that was thought through about as well as some of their efforts at starting a song...

Harsh but something in it. I know a few of these excellent chaps and what didn't bank on was how the control room roof muffles the sound of songs. Only reason for moving was only place like minded people could get together from pockets spread across the north. If everyone in the middle could just give up their seats we'd be in with a shout (no pun intended!). Another problem of all seaters. We need a time out in the Lower divisions so the north is boiled down to the hardcore who can then congregate in the middle in the vacancies left by the JCLs that want to be part of the action - but add nothing ;)

mikevapour

Apr 18, 2012
I'm in the north stand for the first time since the goldstone, there seems to be no unison between the left and right sides, or were we trying to sing "who's that man from Argentina" in a round like we sang row your boat at school?

Jan 30, 2008
Harsh but something in it. I know a few of these excellent chaps and what didn't bank on was how the control room roof muffles the sound of songs. Only reason for moving was only place like minded people could get together from pockets spread across the north. If everyone in the middle could just give up their seats we'd be in with a shout (no pun intended!). Another problem of all seaters. We need a time out in the Lower divisions so the north is boiled down to the hardcore who can then congregate in the middle in the vacancies left by the JCLs that want to be part of the action - but add nothing ;)
i reckon we've got 8k plastic fans THAT WOULD FREE UP A FEW SPACES :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not attempting to fish here, just expressing my thoughts.

For what is eesentially our 'singing section' it is generally pretty average and I understand away attendences do help to the atmosphere, but last night the North Stand was dire.

When was the last time they actually lead the stadium for a full game. it seems like most of the time they are wasting their time singing go left, go left...

Bring on the abuse, but its time for the North Stand (and the rest of the ground) to up its game, but the north has become quieter and quieter in recent times.

Said it before, say it again, reserve your criticism for the stand that is six times the size and six times as quiet.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Way too many people in the north stand who sit there on their phones all game or complaining about what song is being sung instead of joining in.. Maybe in a couple seasons when the plastics have left we will be able to get a united group in the middle of the North and get a decent atmosphere going..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
North stand were crap last night. I sit on the half way line in WSU and I heard the Sheffield lot more and there was only 700 of them. Pitiful.

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Way too many people in the north stand who sit there on their phones all game or complaining about what song is being sung instead of joining in.. Maybe in a couple seasons when the plastics have left we will be able to get a united group in the middle of the North and get a decent atmosphere going..

The group needs to be in the middle you are right. Not 2 smaller groups on each side :(. N1E seemed to be the quietest, other blocks singing but because songs are starting off from both sides no one knows what to do :lolol:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I went in D block last night north stand after about 20 minutes I asked the the bloke in front of me where the best selling novels were ....sssshhhhhhhhh

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Was it?

There is a grey haired bloke along from me that started it last night and everybody around just seemed to be either asking why the hell we continue with this song or taking the mick out of .

Interesting you day that, I did hear the middle north try it and it petered out so mabye that's what you're talking about. There was a really loud one after that started by the north west, but they ruined the end by missing off the f**k of palace bit

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Five league games at home, only two goals in the first 45 mins of those games. Not much to cheer about perhaps?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Yeah, people going to a football match and talking about it to the person next to them - I may have to start screaming for a policeman if this keeps happening :facepalm:

Bottom line is this - Sh*t showing = Sh*t atmosphere - Great showing = Great atmosphere.

I'm not saying don't talk at all but there is a football match going on in front of you and if people want to pay money to sit in the back 4 rows of the North - the "rowdy" area - and do nothing for 90 minutes but face away from the pitch and have a natter between themselves about what they had for dinner they need to ask themselves why they're bothering to go. You wouldn't sit in the cinema rabbiting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here