Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The North Stand - Whats the point?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can we play you every week
You're getting sacked in the morning

Two loudest chants I heard on the radio today

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Back in the Goldstone days maybe, but the North is now the smallest stand, you’re expecting 5000 of us to lead the other 25000…. A little help would be nice, but we get nothing from the two largest stands either side of us. Quite sure the North would join in if a chant originated elsewhere.
5000??

I think there is less than 4k in the North isn't there?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I sit bang on the half way line so get a decent idea of how loud the north is compared to the away support. Its funny the difference in opinion you see, maybe its acoustics. West Ham were noisy first 15 mins, but then silent after we scored. The only other noise that came from them were the 'we're f***ing shit/you're getting sacked in the morning' chants. The north was noticeably quiet for up until our penalty but then ramped up through the game, decent in the second half.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I sit bang on the half way line so get a decent idea of how loud the north is compared to the away support. Its funny the difference in opinion you see, maybe its acoustics. West Ham were noisy first 15 mins, but then silent after we scored. The only other noise that came from them were the 'we're f***ing shit/you're getting sacked in the morning' chants. The north was noticeably quiet for up until our penalty but then ramped up through the game, decent in the second half.
Thanks for this sensible post.

In the North, we didn't hear West Ham at all.

The usual criticisms apply today .

NSk either singing their own songs or out of synch with the North Central group.
Hard for the rest of us to pick which version to sing along with.

A 7/10 from us today

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If the north stand had 10,000 in it you can bet 9,800 would be in there for the ‘atmosphere’ with only 200 making some noise. Face it, we aren’t a loud crowd.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Back in the Goldstone days maybe, but the North is now the smallest stand, you’re expecting 5000 of us to lead the other 25000…. A little help would be nice, but we get nothing from the two largest stands either side of us. Quite sure the North would join in if a chant originated elsewhere.
There were loads of chants from WSU that the north weren't joining in with. A lot of them clearly had hundreds of fans in our stand singing. Not our fault if it didn't get going elsewhere. The atmosphere was pretty good.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
West Ham were terrible throughout but so were we in the first half. You could hear the players shouting from the back of the Wupper. North once again overtaken with “my song’s better than your song itis” until we scored the second

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Thought the North was supposed to be the loudest and start the chants. Silent throughout.
Well that isn't strictly true, though I agree that in the first half I thought the NS was asleep. Second half they remembered their job and at times got a good noise going, but overall safe standing can't come quick enough...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A view from the actual NS - some reticence first half probably due to the knife edge scoreline, the second half bloody amazing.

Critics watching on streams can always actually start going to games to show us their incredible repertoire, likewise WS or ES critics can transfer their season tickets in a few weeks time to the NS.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
It sounded pretty good from the NW corner, particularly in the second half. I thought the variety of chants/songs was wider than usual - particularly loved the "Wake me up before you go go" de Zerbi one. :albion2:

The away support could just about be made out, but wasn't as loud as others have been this season (apart from "you're getting sacked in the morning").

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thought the North was supposed to be the loudest and start the chants. Silent throughout.
Tale of two halves. They were as quiet as church mice in the first half. Second half, much better.

Then again, we were all much noisier in the second half.

Like most crowds, our home support can be crap. The north stand is not exactly a hot bed of fervor. Then again, neither is Anfield.

It’s said that the team is supposed to get the crowd going. I think that’s untrue. It works both ways. However, I don’t know how you fix it. I love making noise in the WSU, but 80% of people just sit there watching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here