Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
If you're still looking for the perfect valentine's night out then the Mid-Sussex Derby should be top of your list.

And Worthing in Sussex Senior Cup action ...

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 16.15.42.png

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Heading to AFC Uckfield Town to get the ground ticked off (Number 236), a weekend off football for me this week means I'm going to try sneak in a Thursday game at Leatherhead, as well as the U21s against Sparta Prague.
Is that 236 this year? :)

That's a joke and I don't mean it nastily as I like reading about your exploits.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Is that 236 this year? :)

That's a joke and I don't mean it nastily as I like reading about your exploits.
No just 236th Ground overall, but it’s been inexplicably called off, so I’m already half way to Whitehawk now, very annoying.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Shoreham 3 wick 0. The damage was done in the 1st half as Shoreham moved 11 points clear with 2 games in hand. Unbeaten in over a year now in the league. Scored 59 goals and only conceded 17. Wick will be happy to see the back of Harry Heath this season.

Wick also fielded a few duel signed littlehampton players to try and gain an advantage in their promotion push. Unlucky 🤣

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Comfortable 3-0 win for Peacehaven (eventually) at Saltdean last night. Good luck to Peacehaven in their FA Vase match at the weekend

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Went to Whitehawk v Ashford United last night, cracking first half where I think the Hawks were fortunate to be level at HT at 2-2. Went 1-0 up direct from a corner from former Brighton youth Charlie Harris, before a quick fire double from Ashford. A great volleyed equaliser from Daly levelled things up bang on HT. A less exciting second half saw a late penalty missed by Harris, with a great save by the keeper rather than a bad pen. Ended 2-2 in BALTIC conditions.

2B02B27D-3E26-4507-9EE7-1CD2BC6C01AB.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Went to Whitehawk v Ashford United last night, cracking first half where I think the Hawks were fortunate to be level at HT at 2-2. Went 1-0 up direct from a corner from former Brighton youth Charlie Harris, before a quick fire double from Ashford. A great volleyed equaliser from Daly levelled things up bang on HT. A less exciting second half saw a late penalty missed by Harris, with a great save by the keeper rather than a bad pen. Ended 2-2 in BALTIC conditions.

View attachment 156859
Crikey Jack, only the real diehards there last night, any idea what the crowd was? Not surprised there were so few present in the freezing conditions.

Callum Kealy moving from Worthing to Havant is a real shame for us. Completely understand it on his end, going from a part time to full time club and likely on higher wages as well.

Had a superb first half of the season as our top scorer and had really stepped up more than we could have expected at this level after losing Jake Robinson to the ACL injury in the opening game. Brought something different to the rest of our options up top and will be a real loss, though based on the constant moves he's made to improve the squad throughout the season, I trust Hinsh will have a plan for getting a replacement in if he deems it necessary.

The positive is that the club gets a fee for him with him being under contract, which definitely is a necessity for our younger players so we don't lose them for nothing during the season, as was the case when Barnet were able to nab Marvin Armstrong at the end of August last year.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/litt...b-statement-brighton-hove-albion-2760192.html

Littlehampton understandably upset with the Sussex FA for making them play Albion in the Senior Cup on Thu 23rd because of 'player welfare'. This is on the basis that Albion have a U-21s game on the Monday night, so didn't fancy playing 48hr later on the originally scheduled Wednesday.

It seems they are less concerned with the player welfare of Littlehampton, who have a match scheduled for the following Saturday.......less than 48hr after the potential Thursday night game with Brighton.

Are they seriously suggesting that Brighton, with their comparatively limitless resources, can’t play two games in three days, but Littlehampton, who couldn’t even name a full bench last weekend, should just suck it up?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/litt...b-statement-brighton-hove-albion-2760192.html

Littlehampton understandably upset with the Sussex FA for making them play Albion in the Senior Cup on Thu 23rd because of 'player welfare'. This is on the basis that Albion have a U-21s game on the Monday night, so didn't fancy playing 48hr later on the originally scheduled Wednesday.

It seems they are less concerned with the player welfare of Littlehampton, who have a match scheduled for the following Saturday.......less than 48hr after the potential Thursday night game with Brighton.

Are they seriously suggesting that Brighton, with their comparatively limitless resources, can’t play two games in three days, but Littlehampton, who couldn’t even name a full bench last weekend, should just suck it up?
Brighton played within 48 hours for the last round as a compromise, they are being expected to do it two rounds for in a row. Littlehampton have had 0 punishment for failing to control their fans, so maybe it’s time to have a look at themselves. Smashed up Hanworth Villa, and Faversham AND Whitehawk. They’ve got their own issues to deal with. Pull out the cup if it is such a big problem.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brighton played within 48 hours for the last round as a compromise, they are being expected to do it two rounds for in a row. Littlehampton have had 0 punishment for failing to control their fans, so maybe it’s time to have a look at themselves, and teach their fans to stop being homophobes. Smashed up Hanworth Villa, and Faversham AND Whitehawk. They’ve got their own issues to deal with. Pull out the cup if it is such a big problem.
The fan issue and fixture scheduling are two different issues. The decision is unfair on Littlehampton.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Safe to say Worthing didn’t miss Kealy despite losing today. It finished Worthing 4 St Albans 5.

Worthing were 2-0 down after 20 minutes, but clawed it back to 2-2 in the first half an hour, before going 3-2 down and drawing level again by the 36th minute.

Ended up equalising again to make it 4-4 in the second half before conceding again and despite a lot of pressure they weren’t able to find a 4th equaliser.

I’ve probably been to 500+ Albion matched and the most goals I’ve seen in a game is 8 (Northwich Victoria 8-0, Huddersfield 1-7, Wycombe 4-4), I’ve been to maybe 15-20 Worthing games and seen a 4-5 and a 5-5. Non league is certainly good value! :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Safe to say Worthing didn’t miss Kealy despite losing today. It finished Worthing 4 St Albans 5.

Worthing were 2-0 down after 20 minutes, but clawed it back to 2-2 in the first half an hour, before going 3-2 down and drawing level again by the 36th minute.

Ended up equalising again to make it 4-4 in the second half before conceding again and despite a lot of pressure they weren’t able to find a 4th equaliser.

I’ve probably been to 500+ Albion matched and the most goals I’ve seen in a game is 8 (Northwich Victoria 8-0, Huddersfield 1-7, Wycombe 4-4), I’ve been to maybe 15-20 Worthing games and seen a 4-5 and a 5-5. Non league is certainly good value! :lolol:
I think I've seen every combination of scores both ways up to 4-4 with Albion. Plus 5-0, 5-1, 5-2 (for Albion) and 5-3 (for the opposition). 6-0 (Albion) 6-1 (both ways). 7-0 (Albion).

Obviously, others could better that.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The Invincibles? :wink:
11 games to go and definitely on for it..

This for me would trump Arsenals invincibles. I don’t think it would be unfair to say the 2022/23 Southern Combination Football League Division One is tougher than the 2003/04 Premier League. :glare:

Attachments

• DCD22DD4-242F-4D68-9D46-2A6E91BE3B3E.jpeg
    DCD22DD4-242F-4D68-9D46-2A6E91BE3B3E.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 41

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Worthing are certainly missing their skipper and centre back Aaron Racine who is currently away on a cruise I believe! Holiday originally planned in summer of 2020 for his dad's 60th - but cancelled due to Covid and was only possible to arrange for now - while the season was still on. Going to miss another 4 games I believe. The other CB ... young Joe Rye ... also missing (I assume due to injury). These two are very solid so to have both out is/was a big loss.

But yes, an incredibly entertaining game ... although tarnished as some young feral idiot behind the goal lobbed a bottle of p*** onto the pitch in the second half which was noted by the ref and is likely to result in a hefty fine for a non league club!

My 12th game at Woodside Road this season - and the first defeat for Worthing!

Att: 1,262

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
12 seconds was all it took for Little Common to take the lead yesterday thanks to an Adam Smith strike captured on my Nokia and attached below .

Lewis Hole on 53mins and James Miriam-Bachelor 65mins put the home side 3-0 nil before . Crowborough responded with goals from Tom Pearson 71mins and Alex Joy 89mins but were unable to find a way past Matt Cruttwell in the home side goal and were denied what would have been a deserved share of the points .

Final score Little Common 3-2 Crowborough Athletic , attendance circa 100

Attachments

• lc2.JPG
    lc2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
  • lc3.JPG
    lc3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • lc1.JPG
    lc1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 35

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports