Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Is it a big step up to National South ? Be good to see Worthing in the conference

think mid table is probably a realistic target for Worthing next season

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
I will be happy with winning more games than we lose and a run in the FA Cup or FA Trophy.

Think another promotion would be very problematic at this stage with the required ground improvements.

Be interesting to see what sort of crowds we get next season. Only Dulwich, Havant, Dartford and Tonbridge appear to take decent away followings so expect the average to be around 1000 over the 23 games.

Season tickets released today, £212 if bought in the next few weeks before rising to £249.
Matchday tickets will be £14 in advance or £15 on the day.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I will be happy with winning more games than we lose and a run in the FA Cup or FA Trophy.

Think another promotion would be very problematic at this stage with the required ground improvements.

Be interesting to see what sort of crowds we get next season. Only Dulwich, Havant, Dartford and Tonbridge appear to take decent away followings so expect the average to be around 1000 over the 23 games.

Season tickets released today, £212 if bought in the next few weeks before rising to £249.

I imagine Eastbourne Borough will bring a largeish contingent. They always did when Lewes were in the same league.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Agreed that for the crowds in the region of 1-1,500 the the main bar, outside decking bar and the new hut coped fine with the numbers. Did find that when we had crowds over 2,000 that the queues started to get way too long during the usual busy periods. Luckily there were maybe only half a dozen of those size gates last season, and the club definitely have taken that on board ahead of going up to National South.

Not sure if it's definitely happening, but I believe there are potentially plans to make use of the grass space behind the Woodside Road terrace next season with a marquee and extra beer pumps to take even more of the footfall strain off of the other three bars.

Potters Bar had a great outside area when I went up for the Worthing game at the end of the season. Anything like that would be superb.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Is it a big step up to National South ? Be good to see Worthing in the conference

Most teams struggle when they come up. I think only Newport have gone up straight away in the last few years and they really blew the league away.

Conference South has a weird mix of that some teams are actually professional but the majority are semi-pro. So you do see some strange results and transfers. I think lower mid-table is probably where Worthing can expect to be, alongside Borough.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Don't forget the huge Oxford City contingent :lolol:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

Bath take 70-100 most places too,

I’d imagine an average of around 1,500 come the end of the season, maybe even nearer 2k if a play off place is possible.

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Bit of a disappointing schedule, was hoping for one or two more higher league opposition...

FU4VI5FXoAEx8cI.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bit of a disappointing schedule, was hoping for one or two more higher league opposition...

How many more seasons will Hastings be playing at The Pilot Field, I have never been and would like to visit before they leave.
Also is there parking nearby?

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
How many more seasons will Hastings be playing at The Pilot Field, I have never been and would like to visit before they leave.
Also is there parking nearby?

Hastings more likely to stay at the Pilot Field than move to a new ground at the moment.
It's all on street parking, parking on Elphinstone Road itself goes pretty fast, the past few times I've driven I've parked in Ochiltree Road, just up past STAMCOs old ground, just make sure you stay off the grass verges as the traffic wardens like to lurk on matchdays.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Hastings more likely to stay at the Pilot Field than move to a new ground at the moment.
It's all on street parking, parking on Elphinstone Road itself goes pretty fast, the past few times I've driven I've parked in Ochiltree Road, just up past STAMCOs old ground, just make sure you stay off the grass verges as the traffic wardens like to lurk on matchdays.

With the planning application for 86 new homes being granted at the Pilot Field , I would have thought that the council would prefer the club to move asap .

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
With the planning application for 86 new homes being granted at the Pilot Field , I would have thought that the council would prefer the club to move asap .

If only. Council have very publically pulled out of the new stadium partnership. They are known locally as notoriously anti sport. The planning decision for new stadium and houses on Pilot Field is entirely separate, and HBC refusing to lease Tilekiln means it cannot proceed..

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am looking forward to supporting the Seaford Women's team this year.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Technically this is from last season, but if you’ve got 10 minutes to kill here’s a brilliant video capturing Grimsby’s unbelievable play-off promotion from the National League. I was at all three games, and I can honestly say I’ve never experienced anything like it in football before, and I probably never will again. Proper dramatic stuff.

https://youtu.be/vVzE9cGMUYs

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Off to the exciting Whyteleafe v Sutton Common Rovers friendly tonight, first game of 2022/23, and the first game back at Church Road for Pheonix club AFC Whyteleafe.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I couldn't see another thread so thought it would be appropriate to kick one off for this glorious new season for which we are about to receive.

Got my 1st pre-season friendly out of the way last night on an utterly idyllic summers evening at Woodside, where the Rebels dispatched Three Bridges 2 zip as the sun sank slowly over the vineyards to the West. Our very own Jake Robinson with the first (a header!) before I think 11 changes for the home side at HT, including Dean Cox.

A couple of pints of something cloudy and quite dangerous at the Brooksteed beforehand - a wonderful way to start the new season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here