Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
You can but a lot of clubs don’t. Whether that’s the decision of them/local authority/ground owners I’m not sure. I went to a friendly at Worthing with only 800 in attendance and felt an effort getting served so isn’t 2k each week going to be tricky?

Be interesting to see whether they bother

at the games last season with vaguely large attendances it was a massive ball ache getting served for anything with huge queues

they could do with a bar at the other end to be honest

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
On the subject of El Abd did anything ever come of his "slight" transgression pre season for Whitehawk (think it was last season but may have been the season before)?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
On the subject of El Abd did anything ever come of his "slight" transgression pre season for Whitehawk (think it was last season but may have been the season before)?

Oh, Oh the proper fistycuffs he had with a Lewes player, that was right naughty and the ref lost the plot, so blew for half time 5 minutes early so everyone could calm down ?

Right in front of me and my daughter that, great to see for a kids !

It was funny though, proper punches, he lost it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Oh, Oh the proper fistycuffs he had with a Lewes player, that was right naughty and the ref lost the plot, so blew for half time 5 minutes early so everyone could calm down ?

Right in front of me and my daughter that, great to see for a kids !

It was funny though, proper punches, he lost it.

That's it. Wasn't there myself but heard about it from one of the players dad. He pretty much said the same as you and said he'd be surprised if he didn't get a tug from the law over it. Hence the question.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That's it. Wasn't there myself but heard about it from one of the players dad. He pretty much said the same as you and said he'd be surprised if he didn't get a tug from the law over it. Hence the question.

I can only assume the Lewes player did not want to press charges, and from what I saw, he elbowed El Abd in the face, who in turn took retribution old school, the Whitehawk security chap in obligatory black shoes, white socks, black Farah slacks and white shirt, did not have a clue how to calm him down, complete waste of space.

My daughter turned to me and asked "will he get in trouble for that" to which I replied, would you tell him off right now....
she looked at me and said "Nah best let him calm down with a nice glass of cold beer"

It was a lovely hot day, to be fair.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Did El Abd do enough at the Terrapura to warrant this? Not having a go, just surprised.

Don’t think he’ll play much tbh. Worthing have a pretty young set of defenders though; I don’t think they’ve got a single defender over the age of 23 apart from Racine, so an older head isn’t a bad shout. Obviously Hinsh thinks he’ll be able to keep his temper in check… good luck :lolol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Having gone along to a few Hawks matches last season all I can say is that there are likely to be a few footballs littering the gardens and streets surrounding Woodside Road.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I watched Whitehawk twice last season and he looked very slow. Surprising move and no point in signing unless going to play. I think Robinson is a similar age. Glen Murray and Bruno next

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Robinson definitely makes sense- he's still got goals in him at that level and with Pearce etc around he wouldn't be totally relied upon

not sure about El-Abd though, doesn't sound like he excelled at Isthmian South East level. Maybe he'll be around for mentoring/ad hoc coaching in the dark arts

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I watched Whitehawk twice last season and he looked very slow. Surprising move and no point in signing unless going to play. I think Robinson is a similar age. Glen Murray and Bruno next

El Abd is 37, Robinson 35, Cox 34

Looks like Swindon are at home to Cardiff on the same day - so I would imagine it will be a reserve/youth team travelling to Worthing
Yes Swindon will likely have a mixed, or more reserve/youth team at Woodside, including ex Rebel Ricky Aguilar. Think Ricky joining Swindon last year is the main reason they're sending a side down here.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You can but a lot of clubs don’t. Whether that’s the decision of them/local authority/ground owners I’m not sure. I went to a friendly at Worthing with only 800 in attendance and felt an effort getting served so isn’t 2k each week going to be tricky?

Be interesting to see whether they bother

They've built 2 new outlets for refreshments over the past 4 years and with crowds of 1500+ the last few seasons (COVID excepted) it's not been too much of a problem getting and having a beer to drink pitchside. One imagines they will be increasing matchday staffing next season, so I'd expect it to continue. :drink:

They've built 2 new outlets for refreshments over the past 4 years and with crowds of 1500+ the last few seasons (COVID excepted) it's not been too much of a problem getting and having a beer to drink pitchside. One imagines they will be increasing matchday staffing next season, so I'd expect it to continue. :drink:

Agreed that for the crowds in the region of 1-1,500 the the main bar, outside decking bar and the new hut coped fine with the numbers. Did find that when we had crowds over 2,000 that the queues started to get way too long during the usual busy periods. Luckily there were maybe only half a dozen of those size gates last season, and the club definitely have taken that on board ahead of going up to National South.

Not sure if it's definitely happening, but I believe there are potentially plans to make use of the grass space behind the Woodside Road terrace next season with a marquee and extra beer pumps to take even more of the footfall strain off of the other three bars.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Agreed that for the crowds in the region of 1-1,500 the the main bar, outside decking bar and the new hut coped fine with the numbers. Did find that when we had crowds over 2,000 that the queues started to get way too long during the usual busy periods. Luckily there were maybe only half a dozen of those size gates last season, and the club definitely have taken that on board ahead of going up to National South.

Not sure if it's definitely happening, but I believe there are potentially plans to make use of the grass space behind the Woodside Road terrace next season with a marquee and extra beer pumps to take even more of the footfall strain off of the other three bars.

yeh the bigger crowds last season were in the Sussex derby's really- there's only Eastbourne Borough next season which is actually quite far away

also less chance of Worthing going for promotion which adds a bit to the crowds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here