Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Off to Eastleigh (my local club) v Torquay Utd this evening. Couldn't believe Torquay are bottom of the national league, seems they are being run badly in recent times.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
They have been much improved the last two games. The new left back is excellent and Razz was back to his best on Saturday
Our last Lewes game was Three Bridges away, so the improvement you speak of is absolutely necessary.

I'm really looking forward to this (much more than I do for Albion games these days) so let's hope they're on it!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Off to Eastleigh (my local club) v Torquay Utd this evening. Couldn't believe Torquay are bottom of the national league, seems they are being run badly in recent times.
A regular follower of Torquay, I don’t think they are being badly run, they just don’t have the budget to compete, they’re making signings but they just aren’t good enough. Very leaky at the back.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
They have been much improved the last two games. The new left back is excellent and Razz was back to his best on Saturday
Well that was bloody brilliant.

2-0 down against a very strong Hornchurch team, but Lewes never gave up and played some lovely football, resulting in a 2-2 draw.

Razz scored an absolutely superb goal, and then Joe Taylor, who had been completely anonymous, scored a very late equaliser.

Home games on the next two Tuesdays. I thoroughly recommend that anyone who has been considering it gets down the Pan - it is what watching football is all about.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Heads up. Friday 28th. Friday Night Lights. Free Entry. Parking info here (plus league tables etc). The Barrowmen are on an eleven game winning run. Peacehaven & Telscombe FC are in town. If you have a spare evening - it should be a good night out. Bar and Burger Bar are open.

Indulge me - quick reminder if you would like to watch a bit of Friday night football. Free Entry. The Barrowmen are third in the SCFL Premier division.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Jack, do you have a target for number of games attended this season?
No I don’t, I think after the target of 200 last season, I burnt myself out last season (Sunday league cup finals at Orient’s ground was when I started questioning what I was doing), I’m just going to games when I WANT to, not ones where I’m forcing myself to. There have been games I’ve just decided not to bother with this year, but I’m still already on 73 for the season, so we’ll see how we go I guess really 😂. I turned down Mile Oak U23s v East Preston U23s tonight, because I was genuinely just tired, and I’ve stayed locally rather than North London every Tuesday and Wednesday, so I’m enjoying it more, having someone to go with is more of an appeal. Which every game more or less I’ve gone with someone.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No I don’t, I think after the target of 200 last season, I burnt myself out last season (Sunday league cup finals at Orient’s ground was when I started questioning what I was doing), I’m just going to games when I WANT to, not ones where I’m forcing myself to. There have been games I’ve just decided not to bother with this year, but I’m still already on 73 for the season, so we’ll see how we go I guess really 😂. I turned down Mile Oak U23s v East Preston U23s tonight, because I was genuinely just tired, and I’ve stayed locally rather than North London every Tuesday and Wednesday, so I’m enjoying it more, having someone to go with is more of an appeal. Which every game more or less I’ve gone with someone.
Many a man has questioned life whilst in Leytonstone

Fair play!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Thanks to anyone who came along tonight - there were a lot of Peacehaven supporters at the game. The club are very pleased with an attendance of 343. who saw a very good (slightly frenetic) draw between two in-form teams. The draw was a fair result tbh. And for a few hours at least .......
Table1.jpg

Up The Barrowmen!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks to anyone who came along tonight - there were a lot of Peacehaven supporters at the game. The club are very pleased with an attendance of 343. who saw a very good (slightly frenetic) draw between two in-form teams. The draw was a fair result tbh. And for a few hours at least .......
View attachment 153182

Up The Barrowmen!
Pardon my ignorance but is this effectively the top of the old Sussex County League?

Elsewhere I wonder what Worthing will get attendance wise against Slough up against the Albion playing Chelsea at exactly the same time?

Over 1200 last week against Taunton, so even allowing for the loss of the Amex STH’s, hopefully still over 1,000?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Dorking 0 3 Shots ,lovely day out in the Surrey Hills . 3 wins out of 3 since the manager was sacked. Small ground a little bit of cover in the away end but mainly flat standing . 750 tickets all sold ,so couldn't see much at all. Decent pubs around the Town .Train strikes curtail my plans for next week so it's a choice of 3 games Hermes v Stonehaven Dyce v Stoneywood or Aberdeen East End v Longside .

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Pardon my ignorance but is this effectively the top of the old Sussex County League?

Elsewhere I wonder what Worthing will get attendance wise against Slough up against the Albion playing Chelsea at exactly the same time?

Over 1200 last week against Taunton, so even allowing for the loss of the Amex STH’s, hopefully still over 1,000?
Not quite … attendance at Worthing was 968. No doubt hit by game at Amex at same time.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yeah that’s right. 👍🏻

Few more Surrey based teams in the leagues now which is why it’s name changed. In the league below, 4 of the 17 teams are from Surrey. Dorking Wanderers B, Chessington & Hook, Godalming Town and Epsom & Ewell.

The latter will (in my opinion) be battling Shoreham for the title this season.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Dorking 0 3 Shots ,lovely day out in the Surrey Hills . 3 wins out of 3 since the manager was sacked. Small ground a little bit of cover in the away end but mainly flat standing . 750 tickets all sold ,so couldn't see much at all. Decent pubs around the Town .Train strikes curtail my plans for next week so it's a choice of 3 games Hermes v Stonehaven Dyce v Stoneywood or Aberdeen East End v Longside .
Not quite non league football but if you’re up that way, the Dons are at home to Hibs Friday night. The SPL are trialling Friday and Saturday evening football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here