Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm gonna do Newhaven v Whitehawk Tuesday week and haven't drunk over there for about 20 years. Where's nice for a pint?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm gonna do Newhaven v Whitehawk Tuesday week and haven't drunk over there for about 20 years. Where's nice for a pint?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I guess I better renew my Hawks season ticket. Although it's been more of a donation for the last two seasons.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Really enjoying finally getting out to some non-league and all the quirks that go with it.

Next Saturday few of us planning on squeezing in Worthing at 1pm followed by East Preston at 3.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Just got back from a sunny Woodside Road where Worthing beat Tonbridge Angels 4.1.
Danny Cashman, listed as a trialist on the team sheet, scored one of the goals. Cashman also featured on Tuesday evening for the Rebels in the away friendly at Baffins Milton Rovers.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Just got back from a sunny Woodside Road where Worthing beat Tonbridge Angels 4.1.
Danny Cashman, listed as a trialist on the team sheet, scored one of the goals. Cashman also featured on Tuesday evening for the Rebels in the away friendly at Baffins Milton Rovers.

That would be a brilliant signing for them if they pull it off. If I could find a bookies that had odds on their league I’d be lumping on them

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just returned from Whitehawk v Lewes, really nice to go to a ground again, lovely and warm.

Honourable mention to Adam El-Abd who got sent off, for retaliation to an elbow, and boy did he retaliate, it was a bar brawl.
Both teams got involved, the ref lost it, no whistle was blown for half time, the ref decided to let the teams cool down, and started again probably 15 minutes late.

Old school football….

Loved it, both teams played fairly decent football, but Lewes look like they have a decent side and won 4-1 in the end.

The ultras are a bit lame, and what’s with the unfinished scaffolding??

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

I was also present. First time to Woodside Rd and seeing Worthing, while I appreciate they should have been promoted they were levels above Tonbridge! So good going forward and wingers caused havoc, surely will ease to the title?

Doug Loft playing in the middle for Tonbridge also.

Sure many have been but I’d advise to visit Worthing. Cracking set up

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I saw Burgess Hill u18s v BHA U16s today. BHA won 6-0 ( don’t ask me who played or scored). Burgess Hill fought well throughout and a number of their players were youngsters (U16s) too. BHA looked very fit and well organised - as you’d expect.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wow! I was one of those who thought Cashman was more likely tp step up rather than step out this season. No dis-respect to Worthing, but I'd've thought Cashman would be aiming higher than level - what is it? Level 7? Should tear up a few trees at level anyway, I suppose, so could be good news for Worthing.

Just returned from Whitehawk v Lewes, really nice to go to a ground again, lovely and warm.

Honourable mention to Adam El-Abd who got sent off, for retaliation to an elbow, and boy did he retaliate, it was a bar brawl.
Both teams got involved, the ref lost it, no whistle was blown for half time, the ref decided to let the teams cool down, and started again probably 15 minutes late.

Old school football….

Loved it, both teams played fairly decent football, but Lewes look like they have a decent side and won 4-1 in the end.

The ultras are a bit lame, and what’s with the unfinished scaffolding??

The new Lewes manager used to manage Cray Wanderers - who were 2nd behind Worthing when the 2019-20 season was canned because of COVID - and has brought a fair few of their former players with him to the Dripping Pan. From what I've heard, they're holding their training sessions in London to accommodate for that as well.

Should put them in and around the business end of the top of the table, but as has been said by a number of people, hopefully this is the year we at Worthing get the promotion that most feel was robbed from us because of the pandemic and FA ignorance. Wasn't at Woodside today, but went to the Three Bridges game the week before and was so impressed with how we performed, even considering we are a division higher than them. The way we're working the ball in the final third is great to watch and we've made some great additions over the summer. Adding Cashman to that squad would be wild.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
‘This is Wrexham’s year’ has been said for over a decade. Just noticed on bbc website they’ve been buying in players with league experience and got in promoted Cambridge’s main striker whose taken a two league drop the other day. Actors getting in place for ‘Welcome to Wrexham’ Netflix style documentary.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hope Worthing get Cashman but a bit strange because he said he had lots of options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here