Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Haywards Heath Town ‘relieve manager Saunders of his duties'

In a shock announcement, Pitching In Isthmian South East promotion chasers have just confirmed that they have relieved manager Shaun Saunders of his duties.

The club are currently in fifth place in the Pitching In Isthmian South East Division, and unbeaten in seven matches.

https://www.isthmian.co.uk/heath-manager-saunders-departs-69121
Wow that’s a surprise - opportunity for Ranieri ?!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Worthing v Folkestone tomorrow evening at Woodside Road, big game, tough opposition, hoping for an exciting one, and three points to the Rebels.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Heading to Eastbourne Town tomorrow for the senior cup tie, then up to Chesham on Wednesday to watch Aylesbury United, hopefully Barking on Friday night, and then York City v Gateshead on Saturday to visit some old university friends (they have no choice they have to come groundhopping with me, it’s what they got into when they became my friends).

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Possible reprieve for Littlehampton in the Vase??

[tweet]1485658421701464066[/tweet]

Dunno how the FA are going to sort that one out though!?!?

One off Abbey V Littlehampton game, winner goes through?? Probably just a bye for Brockenhurst

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Keeper was fantastic, the Lancing keeper on New Years Day also had a cracking game, including a saved penalty, but fortunately on this occasion Hastings nicked the win.
Learnt after the game the keeper is on loan from the Albion and also from Hastings, Tommy Reid, for such a young lad, he took the banter well. :clap2:
Don't think I can make the Ashford game, about time they beat them in the league!

I believe Tommy Reid's loan spell at Burgess Hill is over now, and they have signed a new keeper for the rest of the season.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Possible reprieve for Littlehampton in the Vase??

[tweet]1485658421701464066[/tweet]

Dunno how the FA are going to sort that one out though!?!?

One off Abbey V Littlehampton game, winner goes through?? Probably just a bye for Brockenhurst

I'm just glad the 'secret' is finally out. We knew the minute the team sheets went in for the Newham game that something wasn't right, but the club didn't want to make a fuss and look like sore losers. The player I know said that they were a bit embarrassed about it all, frankly, as they were well beaten on the day.

Sounds like due process will result in Newham being expelled, as there is plenty of precedent. Most likely outcome seems to be Abbey v Littlehampton in the 4th round with the winner hosting Brockenhurst in the 5th Round. I might find out more tonight as we are playing Pagham at home.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Heading to Eastbourne Town tomorrow for the senior cup tie, then up to Chesham on Wednesday to watch Aylesbury United, hopefully Barking on Friday night, and then York City v Gateshead on Saturday to visit some old university friends (they have no choice they have to come groundhopping with me, it’s what they got into when they became my friends).
Jack do you ever have a weekend of ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I'm just glad the 'secret' is finally out. We knew the minute the team sheets went in for the Newham game that something wasn't right, but the club didn't want to make a fuss and look like sore losers. The player I know said that they were a bit embarrassed about it all, frankly, as they were well beaten on the day.

Sounds like due process will result in Newham being expelled, as there is plenty of precedent. Most likely outcome seems to be Abbey v Littlehampton in the 4th round with the winner hosting Brockenhurst in the 5th Round. I might find out more tonight as we are playing Pagham at home.

The plot thickens

Capture.PNG

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Worthing v Folkestone tomorrow evening at Woodside Road, big game, tough opposition, hoping for an exciting one, and three points to the Rebels.

Gutted I couldn’t make it in the end, currently 3-1 with 10 minutes to go, a crowd of just over 1000. 4 points clear at the top with a game in hand.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Gutted I couldn’t make it in the end, currently 3-1 with 10 minutes to go, a crowd of just over 1000. 4 points clear at the top with a game in hand.

Tempestuous affair, referee had a tenuous grip on proceedings throughout, culminating in a mass brawl in stoppage time, and another on the final whistle as Folkestone's 16 headed for the tunnel like a coked up rhino

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Littlehampton were held 2-2 by Pagham, who equalised right at the death. Probably a fair result on balance, very decent (and noisy) crowd of 352 on a cold midweek night. Golds continue to pick up points without playing brilliantly, often on difficult pitches and with several key players missing. Four points clear at the top with two games in hand, another big game at home to Saltdean (currently sitting 3rd) on Saturday. Didn't hear anything more about the potential reprieve in the FA Vase, or about how long Joe Benn might be out of action for.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
massive win for Worthing that

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Good win for the 23s at Eastbourne Town, was a forgone conclusion from ten minutes in really.

But the big question is, what on Earth has happened here?!?!?!

B5660E6B-8BF7-42AD-A513-508D52E191F2.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here