Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Another win for Worthing today, 3-1 away to Margate who actually streamed the whole game free on Youtube.

Worthing go top of the league, despite playing a game less than a lot of the teams in their division. That Mo Diallo they've signed looks shit hot, 2 goals off the bench last week and another today. Looks a great signing.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Another win for Worthing today, 3-1 away to Margate who actually streamed the whole game free on Youtube.

Worthing go top of the league, despite playing a game less than a lot of the teams in their division. That Mo Diallo they've signed looks shit hot, 2 goals off the bench last week and another today. Looks a great signing.

Signed from my local team Shoreham.

Today, Shoreham 1 Littlehampton 2. 14 yellows and 2 red cards. Nearly 200 in attendance.

Apr 9, 2020
London

Brilliant news. Have been following their progress with interest and am so glad they have picked up where they were forced to leave off from last season. Did a pod with two people connected to WFC recently (Episode 71 of The BRP) and all the vibes are good.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Not sure how interested you are on reports from Leiston but they're my local non league side so I'll stick with it and let you know how they're doing . Yesterday was a difficult match after Tues epic win over Telford , looked like the lads still had that game in their legs. Lost 4-1 to a very impressive Peterborough Sports side who were top of the Southern league central when it finished last season, sure they'll be there abouts again this year. Boys never gave up and kept pressing and creating chances but to no avail, first time since the season started they now have a full week without a game so hoping for a better performance on Sat. Whether that's against Barnet ( in doubt ) or Barwell in original league fixture. Enjoying this thread as have always been interested in non league , so bear with me when I report on a team none of you have probably heard of :ascarf:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Had a great time at Whitehawk yesterday.

Pint in the stands with [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and listened to the ultras giving it some welly.

But hey, you thought the queues at the Amex were bad! I think they weren't quite ready for the influx.

And the football was enjoyable too.

I have no idea whether it was a giant killing or an expected result, but we had a good day.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Pint in the stands with [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and listened to the ultras giving it some welly.

But hey, you thought the queues at the Amex were bad! I think they weren't quite ready for the influx.

I have no idea whether it was a giant killing or an expected result, but we had a good day.

Yes, I could get used to that.

We had The Black Dove in Kemp Town to ourselves for a couple of pre-match pints, then a short cycle to the ground. Missed the first ten minutes due to the enormous queue to get in.

Whitehawk played some lovely stuff, and deserved their win (2-1), but Barton were pushing hard at the end. Whitehawk should have made it safe about ten minutes before time, but their centre forward. produced a finish of comically poor proportions.

Adam El Abd marshalled the defence superbly, and it was good to see him again. God, he looks different though, with a full head of hair.

It was great fun.

Lewes on Tuesday night next.

I have never heard of Barton Rovers before, and like Hamilton says, we had no idea whether they were favourites to win

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

You and Pogue have convinced me to get along there. I was walking along the top of the valley and was watching the scarves making their way to the ground as the teams warmed up.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not sure how interested you are on reports from Leiston but they're my local non league side so I'll stick with it and let you know how they're doing . Yesterday was a difficult match after Tues epic win over Telford , looked like the lads still had that game in their legs. Lost 4-1 to a very impressive Peterborough Sports side who were top of the Southern league central when it finished last season, sure they'll be there abouts again this year. Boys never gave up and kept pressing and creating chances but to no avail, first time since the season started they now have a full week without a game so hoping for a better performance on Sat. Whether that's against Barnet ( in doubt ) or Barwell in original league fixture. Enjoying this thread as have always been interested in non league , so bear with me when I report on a team none of you have probably heard of :ascarf:

Seen them once at Leiston. Nice ground :thumbsup:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

really looking forward to seeing worthing back at Woodside Road at some point now that I've emigrated to West Sussex

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

We had The Black Dove in Kemp Town to ourselves for a couple of pre-match pints, then a short cycle to the ground. Missed the first ten minutes due to the enormous queue to get in.

Whitehawk played some lovely stuff, and deserved their win (2-1), but Barton were pushing hard at the end. Whitehawk should have made it safe about ten minutes before time, but their centre forward. produced a finish of comically poor proportions.

Adam El Abd marshalled the defence superbly, and it was good to see him again. God, he looks different though, with a full head of hair.

It was great fun.

I have never heard of Barton Rovers before, and like Hamilton says, we had no idea whether they were favourites to win

The best moment was when Barton bought Billy the Fish on!

Superb.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
really looking forward to seeing worthing back at Woodside Road at some point now that I've emigrated to West Sussex

Can’t recommend it enough.

Went to watch them last season just for something to do one weekend, witnessed a 5-5 draw and haven’t looked back since. Can’t wait to get along to a few games this season.

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Went to watch Little Common v Horsham YMCA at Eastbourne United with common winning 2-0.

Next up Hastings United v Three Bridges on Tuesday.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
West Hoathley 1, Southwick 1882 2.
Four wins in a row.
'Is this a library?'
Well, now you come to mention it..
Application for return to Old Barn Way going in this week.
122050525_10158733007109866_5750639571253738428_n.jpg

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004

It was great fun.

Great day out I thought (pre-match in the Thomas Kemp still quite a trek from there) and quality of football better than this newbie expected - full house of 400 - draw for the next round just taken place...Cray Wanderers (h) up next

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably going to take in Rustington vs Rottingdean on Saturday.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Not Sussex but seen Whyteleafe a couple of times this season. They play on a plastic pitch and try to get the ball down and pass through midfield.
With no crowds allowed in the professional game attendances seem up, well over 400 for the FA Cup game against Concorde Rangers, a lack of social distancing if you are going to be pedantic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here