Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Some of the midweek games off (so far) because of the petrol shortage:

Bognor Regis Town v Leatherhead
Ashford United v Hastings United
Kingstonian v Horsham
Worthing v Merstham

I'm sure other fixtures involving our local sides will follow.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Kingstonian v Horsham
Worthing v Merstham

Lewes game called off as well

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Went to Chesterfield v Torquay with my Torquay supporting colleague at the weekend, they still don’t like us for the brown envelopes if you wondered, put it was £2.90 a pint up there. Chesterfield were 2-0 on 88 minutes, but a very late rally from the Gulls meant they managed to draw the game 2-2 in the 96th minute, much to the delight of the 150 or so Travelling Torquay fans, and in my drunken haze I did fall onto the pitch as the goal went in, very enjoyable day out.

I'm just amazed that you can remember it! :drink:

Hic.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Kingstonian v Horsham
Worthing v Merstham

Craziness. All this shouldn't be happening, the sort of problem one would normally find in a 3rd world country. But maybe that's fast what we are becoming.

Sorry, not a post that should be on this thread really.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Isthmian board are meeting midweek to make a decision regarding this weekends fixtures.

Cannot see the FA being so lenient with sides who can't fulfil fixtures in the weekends FA Cup ties owing to fuel issues.

Tuesday (tomorrow) night's game between Bognor and Leatherhead has been postponed because of the petrol shortage at the request of Leatherhead.
It's just one of several non-league midweek games that have been postponed.
I'm sure plenty more will be announced in the next few hours.

Can't people use public transport any more? Seaford game has been postponed but the ground is only 10 minutes walk from a train station??? Understand some fixtures are difficult by train but with a bit of effort others could go ahead shirley?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't people use public transport any more? Seaford game has been postponed but the ground is only 10 minutes walk from a train station??? Understand some fixtures are difficult by train but with a bit of effort others could go ahead shirley?

It also depends on where the people are coming from. Ten minutes walk from Seaford station might be fine, but of you've got an hour or two's walk to get from home to the nearest station, the option may be less appealing.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Mixed results for Sussex clubs in the FA cup 3rd qualifying round yesterday .

Hastings United were 1-0 winners away to National league South 4th placed side Chippenham Town .

Whitehawk though were knocked out of the competition 2-3 at Hayes & Yeading United from the Southern league premier South

Horsham and Eastbourne Borough will need a replay at Priory lane after drawing 2-2

The draw for the 4th qualifying round to be made on Monday 4th October at 3.15pm , live on Talksport 2

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Heading up to Borehamwood from Work tomorrow to watch Torquay, a new ground for me up to 136, then off to Mile Oak v Eastbourne Town Wednesday, for a rescheduled Peter Bentley Cup Tie, hopefully no Lightning Strikes on the floodlights this time.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Mixed results for Sussex clubs in the FA cup 3rd qualifying round yesterday .

Hastings United were 1-0 winners away to National league South 4th placed side Chippenham Town .

Whitehawk though were knocked out of the competition 2-3 at Hayes & Yeading United from the Southern league premier South

Horsham and Eastbourne Borough will need a replay at Priory lane after drawing 2-2

The draw for the 4th qualifying round to be made on Monday 4th October at 3.15pm , live on Talksport 2

Horsham or Eastbourne Borough drawn at home to Woking.

Hastings United drawn away to Maidenhead United.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Heading up to Borehamwood from Work tomorrow to watch Torquay, a new ground for me up to 136, then off to Mile Oak v Eastbourne Town Wednesday, for a rescheduled Peter Bentley Cup Tie, hopefully no Lightning Strikes on the floodlights this time.

I fancy the Eastbourne v Horsham replay as I went to the 2.2 draw on Saturday and I haven't visited Priory Lane before. However the seemingly never ending roadworks and overnight diversions on the A27 put me off making the trip, same reason I didn't make it to Bexhill a couple of weeks ago.
Will instead head to either Bognor v Leatherhead or Steyning v Peacehaven.
On Wednesday I'll make the return trip to Mile Oak where hopefully it will be a closer contest than the original game and it lasts the full 90 minutes!! Hopefully the weather is dry as looking at the attendances for Saturdays SCFL games the dreadful weather definitely put people off attending.
Season ticket duty on Saturday for Worthing v Bishops Stortford.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Fuel crisis allowing I’ll be at Steyning v Saltdean on Saturday. Bit of a poor start to the season for the Barrowmen , be great to get a result over the high flying Tigers.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fuel crisis allowing I’ll be at Steyning v Saltdean on Saturday. Bit of a poor start to the season for the Barrowme , be great to get a result over the high flying Tigers.

Planned to make my first visit to Steyning’s ground when Newhaven visit on the 16th

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A good friend and fellow Albion fan lives in Steyning, hopefully a few more of our friends are also going to the match…..I’m promoting non league football :)

A fellow Shots fan lives near Steyning and does a few games . WE should all promote non league football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here