[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
l'm dreading Littlehampton's visit to Horsham YMCA for a rearranged league game on Sat week.

I fear a goalfest awaits, all at the wrong end for my liking. :nono:

Well it wasn't *that* bad..... Comfortable 4-1 win for a patched up 'Golds at Gorings Mead this afternoon. Another two for Joe Benn (22 now this season) and a cracker from George Gaskin. Got some young lad on loan from Worthing in goal, he's barely had a shot to save in the two games he's played so far but might have done better with YM's consolation. It bodes well to keep picking up wins despite missing so many important players.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
I was at Woodside Road to see Worthing labour to an undeserved 3 points beating Corinthian Casuals 1.0. The winner coming from the penalty spot in the 90th minute.
Without hitting anywhere near top form Worthing are up to 2nd in the table. Good crowd of 1028 aswell. At home again on Tuesday against Merstham.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Took a trip to Hill Park the home of Saltdean United for their 2nd round qualifying tie in the FA Vase against Bridon Ropes FC .

Sadly it wasn't to be the Tigers day as they went down 1-3 to the team from SE7 after leading 1-0 at the interval .

The sparse crowd of 60ish was boosted by a couple of dogs enjoying the late September sun .

Attachments

• u1.jpg
    u1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • u2.jpg
    u2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • u3.jpg
    u3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • u4.jpg
    u4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • u5.jpg
    u5.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 94
  • u6.jpg
    u6.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 101

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well it wasn't *that* bad..... Comfortable 4-1 win for a patched up 'Golds at Gorings Mead this afternoon. Another two for Joe Benn (22 now this season) and a cracker from George Gaskin. Got some young lad on loan from Worthing in goal, he's barely had a shot to save in the two games he's played so far but might have done better with YM's consolation. It bodes well to keep picking up wins despite missing so many important players.

Indeed, as disappointed as l was with the defeat, we won't come across any better sides this season, three down at half time l feared the worst, but we rallied somewhat after half time, and kept the scoreline fairly reasonable, (by our recent standards anyway!).

Joe Benn looks some player and had he not spurned a couple of decent chances towards the end could have claimed his hat trick.

As far as YM are concerned, it's an away fixture with Varndeanians up next, and to keep ourselves safe that is the sort of game we need to win. Shame it clashes wiht the Arsenal match next weekend, as l would have enjoyed a trip down memory lane, and a return to Withdean.

If you were at Gorings Mead yesterday l would probably have seen you as you came through the turnstiles. Good luck for the remainder of the season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
[tweet]1442057866148515845[/tweet]

I never knew about Greaves NL career :bowdown:

Those were the days when many top players, even the highest profile ones, turned to playing non league as their careers started to wind down.

Financially it was the only way some of them could make ends meet, and for others, they just needed the buzz that only playing football could give.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I went to Whitehawk 1-2 Lancing yesterday. Not sure what is going on with the hawks but they were poor and not that many there considering the Albion were not playing.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
I was trying to work out if there was any way I could get to The Amex in time for kick off on Saturday if I went to Saltdean v Littlehampton first!

My reply was aimed at Cowfold Seagull!!!
Would make some sense I suppose on Saturdays when the Albion kick off at 530pm that local County games kick off at 2pm to attract any groundhoppers. Would also save on floodlight usage.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Went to Chesterfield v Torquay with my Torquay supporting colleague at the weekend, they still don’t like us for the brown envelopes if you wondered, put it was £2.90 a pint up there. Chesterfield were 2-0 on 88 minutes, but a very late rally from the Gulls meant they managed to draw the game 2-2 in the 96th minute, much to the delight of the 150 or so Travelling Torquay fans, and in my drunken haze I did fall onto the pitch as the goal went in, very enjoyable day out.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone on here know if the Sussex FA are planning on running the Sussex Senior Cup this season at all??

Yes, they are:-

[TWEET]1441050337780064256[/TWEET]

From the article that the tweet links to:-

Details for the First-Round draw of the Sussex Senior Challenge Cup will be announced shortly.

In recent years I think they have held the draws on a Saturday evening.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Tuesday (tomorrow) night's game between Bognor and Leatherhead has been postponed because of the petrol shortage at the request of Leatherhead.
It's just one of several non-league midweek games that have been postponed.
I'm sure plenty more will be announced in the next few hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports