Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Aldershot safe finally stuffing a poor Notts County team 3 1 . On loan Sinclair Armstrong scoring a stunner . 18 and built like an outhouse ,that boy will have a decent career . On too Maidenhead tomorrow .

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
That post was from me.We did absolutely everything we could, tried all alternative options, but without 100% backing from Russell Martin Foundation after Whitehawk's money overlords overruled their chairman and put a ludicrous figure on the ground share that was that.

Gutted, but no regrets. Learned loads, made new friends, lovely bunch. RM have made completely the wrong decision IMO : I await developments with interest. As I said in the piece the real villains are Adur Council who stood by while previous leaseholders ran the club into the ground. RMF have a completely different agenda as an all ages football academy. They have no connection with the history of football in Southwick and saw us as just another club wanting to use the pitch when it becomes available. The fact that we literally kept the club alive and would probably have been in the Southern Com Premier by then meant nothing to them.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Really enjoying the BT National League coverage. Chesterfield v Stockport County is very absorbing.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That post was from me.We did absolutely everything we could, tried all alternative options, but without 100% backing from Russell Martin Foundation after Whitehawk's money overlords overruled their chairman and put a ludicrous figure on the ground share that was that.

Gutted, but no regrets. Learned loads, made new friends, lovely bunch. RM have made completely the wrong decision IMO : I await developments with interest. As I said in the piece the real villains are Adur Council who stood by while previous leaseholders ran the club into the ground. RMF have a completely different agenda as an all ages football academy. They have no connection with the history of football in Southwick and saw us as just another club wanting to use the pitch when it becomes available. The fact that we literally kept the club alive and would probably have been in the Southern Com Premier by then meant nothing to them.

I feel sure though that one day, l know not when, a team representing Southwick will take to a pitch again. I most certainly hope so anyway.

For the time being anyway, a big name in Sussex non league football has now gone.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I feel sure though that one day, l know not when, a team representing Southwick will take to a pitch again. I most certainly hope so anyway.

For the time being anyway, a big name in Sussex non league football has now gone.
Attila many thanks for everything you have done to keep AFC southwick going as a football club & a Mikessmith on the tannoy.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Gutted to see this; we’ll done for your efforts. Councils can be so shortsighted sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Surely when you started this journey you had agreement from Russell Martin . Is this a change of heart from him.
Who was original leaseholder and what did he gain by letting ground go to pot. ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Saw a 2-2 draw with Aldershot at Maidenhead today. Peach of a free kick opener pinging in off the woodwork with the keeper at full stretch. Rather a pleasant afternoon with a couple jars of Ale in the sunshine. Shots brought about 500 fans and very noisy. Made my day when the Magpie fans chanted “you’re just a shit Crystal Palace” at them.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The following appeared on the Non-League Matters forum which I post here without comment.

Worth clarifying that the original Southwick side (Southwick 1882) are still going and deserve a huge amount of credit for sticking at it in the Mid Sussex Championship despite losing every league game this season. AFC Southwick are a splinter team who have only been running for this season.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The following appeared on the Non-League Matters forum which I post here without comment.

Worth clarifying that the original Southwick side (Southwick 1882) are still going and deserve a huge amount of credit for sticking at it in the Mid Sussex Championship despite losing every league game this season. AFC Southwick are a splinter team who have only been running for this season.

It’s worth remembering though that the ‘splinter team’ contained pretty much the entire original Southwick team who only splintered off because the owner was a throbbing bellend… allegedly.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Peter Bentley Cup Final (Littlehampton v Newhaven) has been rearranged for 11am, Sunday 15th @ Horsham. Clashes with the trip to Leeds, which will disappoint a few.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here