Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The next five games

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
The championship is far more unpredictable than the Prem because the standard of teams is closer hence anyone can beat anyone.Factor in the nerves as every game is now a big game and personally I would take 3 wins and 2 draws.

It's going to come down to the last game at Boro.It will be like the play off final but bigger.

There's a difference in him not being up to the standard of Kayal and Stephens (he's not given that both are having fine seasons although Stephens form dipped a few games back) and him being responsible for losing all manner of points and us not finishing in the top two. (he's clearly not that either).

I never dared hoped he'd be up the standard of Kayal, hoped he might pressure Stephens though. The actual fear now is he might not be up to standard of Ince and Forster-Caskey.

An injury to Kayal and we are in serious trouble, we all know that, right?

While Sidwell's been disappointing, I wouldn't blame him for today, that was down to our frail finishing and our real achilles heel of being bullied defensively.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I'm still confident we can take an Auto spot. That was arguably the best performance from us all season, bar a few missed chances. Burnley playing Boro and us playing Boro leaves it still very much in the mix, Hull coming back into contention is the main worry as they have the easiest run in. Top 2 with Burnley is how it's going to end lads, I've got my tickets for the Forest And Derby games to see it unfold as well!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brum have plenty to play for I'm afraid...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I look at the next five games and think they are all winnable, on paper we'd be favourites in all five of them. Then I find I can't remember the last time we won five games in a row, and that the forest game is on TV.

fridge

Dec 19, 2015
Boro fan, looking from the outside that result does now look like we can not play out a draw both get promoted and have a huge party on the last league game of the season. I think realistically both you and us would have needed to beat Burnley and have a good run of form too, such a shame because the thought of us both playing out a draw and waiting for the Burnley reaction afterwards would have been something to really revel in.

Hull look to have a really good run in, ours will be defined in the next three games or four thinking of it...the first three at home and then away to Bolton who will probably be relegated by then. On paper these are all looking like three points and if we were to get all the points that would leave us on 85points in two weeks time with four games left and two of them at home...now looking at us you Burnley and Hull, I really get the feeling that 89 or more points will be needed for second place....hence me predicting no perfect scenario on your visit to the Boro...it's a really shame it would have been nice to see.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm still confident we can take an Auto spot. That was arguably the best performance from us all season, bar a few missed chances. Burnley playing Boro and us playing Boro leaves it still very much in the mix, Hull coming back into contention is the main worry as they have the easiest run in. Top 2 with Burnley is how it's going to end lads, I've got my tickets for the Forest And Derby games to see it unfold as well!!
Just hope the players aren't too disheartened, it really was a cracking performance.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We can easily win all 5 if we play like yesterday.
All we can do is get as many points as possible and hope for the best.
We are 3rd. It's a massive turn around from last year. I know some think we have blown automatic promotion, but still a few games left yet and it's only 4 points.
We can argue about a left back or not a striker coming in but at the end of the day the club obviously did not think there was anyone available to improve the squad.
CH has done a great job in a little over 12 months. I'm thankful for that and the season has been a massive bonus. Sometimes he can be perceived as negative but that's an opinion. Personally I would have been more negative and put on Greer yesterday to help combat the long ball tactics. Another striker or winger which has been suggested would have not stopped them hoofing the ball 60 yards down a pitch.
But whatever personally I've been delighted with CH and what he has done in such a short period.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
My prediction is that it will be us and Boro.

I'm not convinced that Hull are back on song just because they steamrollered Bristol City yesterday, even we managed to put 4 past them, and that's not a slight on us but it is a rarity.

I do feel that Boro have got it back together, and maybe even more so than before their internal blow up. They weren't particularly impressive I didn't think on Friday, or against Hull, but that was two very tough games that not many teams would have taken 6 points from, I expect them to look more like their old selves from now on.

Burnley? yes their gritty and horrible and know how to get a result, but they are definitely not as good as the other three teams on yesterdays performance, or any other time I have had the misfortune of seeing them this season and besides, their slump may have just begun, that's two without a win now, first time for a while.

As for us, I think yesterdays result may spur us on for the rest of the season, we were the better team by quite a margin and that's not even looking through my blue and white tinted glasses, If Burnley are gritty and no how to get a result, well so are we, we have lost the same number of games, 5 all season, but as was mentioned yesterday, I would only expect Andre Gray to get in our side, not one other Burnley player. Maybe a couple good enough to provide competition from the bench, but hey, our bench is pretty bloody strong too!

Up the Albion, and heres to a massive promotion party for both sides at The Riverside.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Boro fan, looking from the outside that result does now look like we can not play out a draw both get promoted and have a huge party on the last league game of the season. I think realistically both you and us would have needed to beat Burnley and have a good run of form too, such a shame because the thought of us both playing out a draw and waiting for the Burnley reaction afterwards would have been something to really revel in.

Hull look to have a really good run in, ours will be defined in the next three games or four thinking of it...the first three at home and then away to Bolton who will probably be relegated by then. On paper these are all looking like three points and if we were to get all the points that would leave us on 85points in two weeks time with four games left and two of them at home...now looking at us you Burnley and Hull, I really get the feeling that 89 or more points will be needed for second place....hence me predicting no perfect scenario on your visit to the Boro...it's a really shame it would have been nice to see.

That scenario could still well happen. Burnley look to be going slightly off the boil, could be finally the start of THEIR blip that all the top 4 have suffered to some degree. I do hope so as it increases the chance of Boro taking points off them at Turf Moor. That and the game in hand could push Boro clear of them... whilst Brighton could make up 2 points on them minimum if that were to happen.

That leaves Brighton admittedly with another 5 points to make up on the ginger security guard's bully boys to ensure that a draw is enough on the final day, but if you consider how many points Brighton, Boro and Hull dropped during their slumps it's quite possible.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That scenario could still well happen. Burnley look to be going slightly off the boil, could be finally the start of THEIR blip that all the top 4 have suffered to some degree. I do hope so as it increases the chance of Boro taking points off them at Turf Moor. That and the game in hand could push Boro clear of them... whilst Brighton could make up 2 points on them minimum if that were to happen.

That leaves Brighton admittedly with another 5 points to make up on the ginger security guard's bully boys to ensure that a draw is enough on the final day, but if you consider how many points Brighton, Boro and Hull dropped during their slumps it's quite possible.

Well you seem to do well against decent sides. Quite happy for you to beat them, despite it being sensible for me to want them to run away with it and hope you fail, so long as I can get a close up of dyche's face come final whistle.

DavePage

We will get 17 points and unbeaten for the rest of the season with 4 points from the last two games, thankfully winning at Middlesborough and ironically drawing at home to Derby who don’t make the playoffs.

Failing that…………...

We should have got a LB when BG said so

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here