Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The next five games

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Where we lose to Sheffield Weds who bully us to defeat....

He gave the game back to Burnley today so perhaps he will make the same mistakes in the coming games.

Hughton really has to go for it in these away games and I'm not sure he will. Suspect we will see a lot of draws in the next few games and that will be us into the play-offs

Bloody hell fellas. We're one point off the top 2, have only 1 defeat in 13, look set to equal our biggest ever points haul in the Championship possibly by as early as Tuesday, are practically guaranteed a play off spot with with 6 games to go and still right in there for automatic (given that we're playing Boro).... Given last years disaster its an absolute triumph.

Yet you , i think, are arguing that fans glasses should be half empty and think if it wasn't for Hughton and his "tactics" and his habit of not "going for it" (19 wins !!) and not realising Bong and Rosenior would get injured at the same time and all manner of other "mistakes" it should all be wrapped up by now with us top of the table and the Championship title on ice. Really ? Do you actually believe that ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What will he learn? Him/ the club didnt learn from Bong and Rosenior being injured as the same thing has happened with our strikers although 2 of the 4 were injured prior to the loan window closing. Perhaps we are doing a Derby and promotion is not on the agenda for this season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The home game with Sheff Wed was a terrible game and two points dropped against a team missing their key attackers. It's exactly the kind of game that you need to win to finish top 2. If your argument is that we are not a top 2 team, then fair enough.

We will see if we're a top 2 game in 7 games time. If we're not then it will be for all sorts of reasons but its pretty far fetched to put the blame at poor old Steve Sidwell's door.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We must assume Boro win their game in hand, in which case we are effectively 5 points off top two (unlikely we shall make up GD). 3 or 4 points will be made up when they play each other, but I cant see 10 points being enough to challenge unless one of them blows up. I felt 4 wins were required from 6 before today, so it is now 4 from 5.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We will see if we're a top 2 game in 7 games time. If we're not then it will be for all sorts of reasons but its pretty far fetched to put the blame at poor old Steve Sidwell's door.

I think that we have blown automatic with todays result and I wouldnt put any blame on Steve Sidwell. The blame lies at the feet of the man who didnt bring in a left back when we were going well and needed one. Who then said he was happy with our strikers although 2 were injured and a 3rd of the 4 cant play on his own up front. CH has done well to pick us up from last season but must also accept the blame for our failings its not all honey and roses?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think that we have blown automatic with todays result and I wouldnt put any blame on Steve Sidwell. The blame lies at the feet of the man who didnt bring in a left back when we were going well and needed one. Who then said he was happy with our strikers although 2 were injured and a 3rd of the 4 cant play on his own up front. CH has done well to pick us up from last season but must also accept the blame for our failings its not all honey and roses?

Still buying your Middlesbro ticket on Monday?

Bloody hell fellas. We're one point off the top 2, have only 1 defeat in 13, look set to equal our biggest ever points haul in the Championship possibly by as early as Tuesday, are practically guaranteed a play off spot with with 6 games to go and still right in there for automatic (given that we're playing Boro).... Given last years disaster its an absolute triumph.

Yet you , i think, are arguing that fans glasses should be half empty and think if it wasn't for Hughton and his "tactics" and his habit of not "going for it" (19 wins !!) and not realising Bong and Rosenior would get injured at the same time and all manner of other "mistakes" it should all be wrapped up by now with us top of the table and the Championship title on ice. Really ? Do you actually believe that ?

Mate - you are happy with a play-off place, we get that

Can you set aside the unofficial PR man bit for just a second. Are you genuinely satisfied with how he's played for us? Really?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think that we have blown automatic with todays result aThe blame lies at the feet of the man who didnt bring in a left back when we were going well and needed one. Who then said he was happy with our strikers although 2 were injured and a 3rd of the 4 cant play on his own up front. CH must also accept the blame for our failings its not all honey and roses?

Should we sack him then ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can you set aside the unofficial PR man bit for just a second. Are you genuinely satisfied with how he's played for us? Really?

There's a difference in him not being up to the standard of Kayal and Stephens (he's not given that both are having fine seasons although Stephens form dipped a few games back) and him being responsible for losing all manner of points and us not finishing in the top two. (he's clearly not that either).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Should we sack him then ?

No because he has generally been very good but has made mistakes which are possibly going to cost us. Could that be why he is our manager and not a midtable premier club. The situation when Bong got injured was as clear as your nose on your face, simlar with speculation about signing GM or similar 3 weeks ago it was so obvious we would need another striker.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No because he has generally been very good but has made mistakes which are possibly going to cost us. Could that be why he is our manager and not a midtable premier club. The situation when Bong got injured was as clear as your nose on your face, simlar with speculation about signing GM or similar 3 weeks ago it was so obvious we would need another striker.

He could well be the manager of a mid table premier league club next season...:)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I am just gutted. 3 points and 1 point of the top was so close.

Obviously playoffs are secured, but other teams just happy to be there, may come to the Amex knowing that if they are 1 goal behind, we will take our forwards off and defend our goal for the last 20 minutes with the obvious ending.

Derby, QPR, MK Dons, and FFS Bolton away.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Still think Bong should have started BG ? ...... He looked a proper liability when he came on today, not ready to start yet clearly

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Obviously until it is mathematically impossible I will believe and as I have booked my hotel stay an her indoors is willing to drive no reason not to go. I do believe that we could win up there and still miss out on automatic now though.

Erm I didn't ask that...it was are you still booking it on Monday ...it was just a simple enquiry...but never mind :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Still think Bong should have started BG ? ...... He looked a proper liability when he came on today, not ready to start yet clearly

That is harsh as it takes time to get in the flow of the game hence we dont see Lua Lua very often. He obviously should have had some outings with U21S recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here