Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The new kit

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’ve loved this season’s shirt despite it being a relegation shirt.

We’ve somehow beaten fate to stay up, anything that could have gone wrong for us went wrong.

Thank goodness the stripes are back for next season though. I feel safe for next season now. No more goals after the final whistle, no more disallowed free-kick goals when the ref had blown and hopefully, our finishing will progress from League 2 level.

At which point will stop calling this seasons shirt ‘a relegation shirt’ seeing as we’ve not been relegated in it?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Thought the new shirt looked a bit pony tbh. Looks like training bibs from the back and from the front it looks like one of the generic kits that Nike have already given us.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Looks better in the promo shots than on pitch IMO with the blue back just making it feel a bit unbalanced. I also still think the non-elite Nike kits have a terrible fit when you compare them to other brands. But from the front, it's about as good as it gets.

Also, I don't want to brag.... But it does bear a striking resemblance to MY DESIGN WHICH THEY STOLE.

:eek:
Screenshot 2021-05-19 151121.png

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There have been some bad Albion kits and some decent ones.

I don't think we've ever had a definitive, consensus that there has been an all time favourite. There isn't a "this is what an Albion shirt should look like" agreement.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I love the kit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Its the same as the one we had before this season's dalliance with the all blue isn't it? I must confess to not noticing it until the second half last night and only then a big screen ad came up. I looked at it and though then it was the previous seasons kit, but it is a lighter or more washed out blue isn't it?

It has to be said the back is hideous. Looks like wearing a netball bib, goal attack or whatever.

I really think it is time they sold a full striped back replica as an option. It would make me much more likely to buy it, but I guess they won't get all the add on monies for letters and numbers then? I assume that's the issue? But it would look 10 times better.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just glad to have got rid of this seasons monstrosity. Due to Mrs P's inability to distinguish between "home" and "away" shirts, I got given this seasons home shirt for Christmas. I put it on for the first time yesterday afternoon getting ready to go to the match, checked the mirror, and took it off. Now consigned to the back of the wardrobe, probably to be taken on a beach holiday in a couple of years and "donated" to a football bar somewhere in Greece/Turkey/Spain

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'll be honest, I will miss this season's '1980s inspired' kit. The last time we used pinstripes was before I was born, however I have wanted us to return to pinstripes for a long time.

I do like the new kit from the front, it is a really well executed variation on the stripes, but I find the back of the shirt jarring with the all-blue patch.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Identical to the one we had a few seasons ago isn’t it?

Regardless of whether we like the kit or not - the club have some brass neck having a new kit this year. We’ve barely kicked a ball in front of fans in this seasons shirt. All outspoken about the ESL - ‘it’s all about the fans’ says Barber, then wants the same fans to fork out another £50 for the new shirt...

Absolute liberty in my opinion.

I do agree with this. I seem to recall at one point there was an agreement by our club and/or others that a kit would last for two seasons? Now it seems to be both kits changed every season rather than alternating. What happened to that? Quietly dropped?

Fortunately my kids are grown up and can buy their own now but if you have two kids and you go for the personalisation, that's £120. Just for the shirts, and as I recall most under 12s want the full kit, so I'm guessing you're close to £200? And then there will be the away kit...

I know you don't have to buy it, but wouldn't it be nice if they acknowledged this again and went for two season kits again.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
For anyone that plays PES...

preview (1).png

It's pretty close. Missing inner collar trim and the back panel is a bit too long - but it's close enough to play with. :)

If you want the texture DM me and I will send it somehow. Maybe I can just attached it here. Let's see if that works.

kit.png

I'm 35 years old. ffs.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
....I've always though it would look good if the stripes faded from front to back (so strong stripes near the sponsor, weaker at the sides and you can't see them when you get to the back

Something along these lines but on the back and fully faded near the top as opposed to the bottom to accomodate the name and number

0013559_ss-fusion-stripe-jersey-royal-white.jpeg

0012886_ss-fusion-stripe-jersey-red-black.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here