Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Neal Maupay half time team talk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Maybe this was the attitude that got him dropped.
He just wanted to play football.
Could be dropped again as a result.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
The player interviews gave me a lot of hope...big smiles, a real buzz from the fight and added to that Potter had the smile of a man that has the dressing room behind him. I've been critical of Connolly and I thought he looked confident and clever. I've questioned Webster's runs, but he drove the ball with purpose and intelligence. Really needed that Wolves performance. At half time I was ready to declare we were having the Bournemouth home tonking moment when most of us got the park and ride early and you sensed CH had lost the war, but after Wolves it feels like the team are ready to push on.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
come back from 3-1 down and almost win it. ANyone notice in the second half POTTERBALL WAS ABANDONED and a lot more direct shots into the box

Loved Sanchez knocking it up the pitch. Teams are so used to us playing from the back, but you can see Leo thrives on those counters.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I’m glad he said something, sometimes a few home truths can get that fire going.

More if it please lads.

Indeed.

Was pleasantly surprised to see a few on pitch tongue lashings delivered as well. A few times I saw Webster both admonishing and then geeing people up.

I feel we’re too quiet as a team, especially now you can watch without crowd noise.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Dunk did everything right in both of those situations. Both times the defenders in the area failed to pick up or stay with their players. White was at fault in the first goal.

My initial reaction was that Dunk could have stopped the cross, but having watched the replays, I think Traore is actually very clever. Hs last touch before delivering the ball is away from Dunk and just makes that little bit of extra room to lift it over any reasonable effort to block it. Good wing play in the end I think.. That said, I do think generally this season we seem to "accept" crosses into the box too easily.. we seem to stand off a little too much. But it is also true we are often pulled out of position with a back 3, more vulnerable wide, so that maybe linked, but I still think the point stands..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here