Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The must-have albums of 2013

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
130321-national-trouble-will-find-me.png

This is the only album that will actually matter this year.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Already out:
Bowie - The Next Day
Stornoway - Tales from the Terra Firma
Bastille - Bad Blood
Biffy Clyro - Opposites (Album of the year so far - unbelievable)

To be released:
The 1975 debut album (TBC), this is going to be their year. They have already released a new re-recorded version of 'The City', which is expected to appear on a new EP, however an album is by no means far away for them.
Arctic Monkeys - (Name TBC) Pretty much confirmed by the bands drummer that they will release an album this year. Will follow on nicely from their numerous festival headline slots.
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories. The few songs they've previewed off the album so far have been fantastic, although not that similar to the 'old school' Daft Punk everyone knows and loves. Can easily see this being the highest sold album in 2013, being 8 years since they released any music. Let's hope a tour proceeds it...
Laura Marling - Once I Was An Eagle. NME said: "on first exposure 'Once I Was An Eagle' really does seem to be another astonishingly mature step forward. In 20 years she'll be celebrated as one of the greats – just be glad you could be here now."...
Tom Odell - Long Way Down. Not released until June but I got sent it a few weeks back and it is absolutely astounding. It's the album I've been most looking forward to and in no way does it disappoint.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Are they still sounding like a really bored Foo Fighters? Infinityland was stunning, they went rapidly downhill after that.
Opposites is a work of art. Truly stunning and their best album to date.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Opposites is a work of art. Truly stunning and their best album to date.

That doesn't answer my question. Do they still sound like a bored Foo Fighters? All double tracked vocals and very, very bland choruses? Puzzle started to lean that way then the album after that was absolutely shitawful.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
That doesn't answer my question. Do they still sound like a bored Foo Fighters? All double tracked vocals and very, very bland choruses? Puzzle started to lean that way then the album after that was absolutely shitawful.

No, they don't.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Most overrated album of the year-
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds- Push The Sky Away.

I find it hard going and difficult to get to the end off in one listen.
I still rate them highly though and going to see them live in October.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Frank Turner's new album is a grower. Came out on Monday and I was initially pretty underwhelmed but after a few listens its growing on me. Still puts on a great live show

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here