Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Who's the dadi?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I already knew that the Daily Mail is doing everything it can to provoke an all-out war against Muslims, but I'm kind of surprised it has stooped that low.

apart from the fact the muslims seem to be doing a good job now of starting all out war on each other have you considered stopping reading the mail online website,you seem a bit obsessed!.....i dont think its healthy deliberately making yourself annoyed

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
No idea why you've had to make your reply come out in the most asshole way possible. But well done, you managed it.
I never said I could do it. Anyone familiar with networking and IT hosting would know. Have you see heads of the onion network? Perhaps you should go read about how that avoids detection by pinging signals from random IP addresses to prevent original source being found.

Maybe then the IT professionals could then in a more in depth way explain how it works.

There is a world of difference between compromising an unprotected host to anonymise your source and compromising a specific host from a specific organisation that you target. It is perfectly possible that a computer belonging to the Mail could be compromised in this way, having gone to a lot of trouble and succeeded, it would then be pretty stupid of a hacker to give themselves away over something for which there is no financial gain and the damage to the reputation of the targeted organisation is so easily dismissed.

The balance of probability suggests that this was a clumsy attempt by a journalist attached to the Mail, to "research" a story about radical Muslims in Britain. There is a discussion to be had as to whether this is ethical and whether this is in fact driven by a Corporate/Political agenda at DMGT. I don't expect people to agree with me on this. For example if someone believes that this is acceptable behaviour for journalists, who are only looking to expose dangerous radicals I can accept that viewpoint. Your viewpoint however was instant and dismissive and based on a very limited understanding of the way in which the Internet works.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
reporters are supposed to report news, not generate it.

you understand the concept the whole thing is questionable in the first place right?,people make crap up for gain all the time,from all sides.

the Palestinians for example made so many fake videos pretending to be harassed by Israel that every news corporation now uses the "yet to be verified" caveat

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah, I think I understand it....which is maybe why I posted 'Reporters are supposed to report news, not generate it'

I know what happens in the media, and I understand its failings. I also understand what they are supposed to do. Which is why I posted that.
Still, thanks for the info....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The people generating the news come from all walks of life, and from all around the world. Its amazing.
In relation to this case, it would seem to be a nitwit journalist is 'generating' the news.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sorry if suggesting that 'reporters should report the news, and not generate it', has offended you. Your following 'debate' is without any substance. Whatsoever. You are a prat....but ive already recognised that previously. Anything else?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sorry if suggesting that 'reporters should report the news, and not generate it', has offended you. Your following 'debate' is without any substance. Whatsoever. You are a prat....but ive already recognised that previously. Anything else?

Ok Dave thanks for the feedback,i am always looking to improve the service i provide to NSC and comments like yours enable me to evaluate and enhance my contributions.

Im slightly miffed you think i am offended with your interpretation of our little chat,im not sure i have ever been offended in my entire life,i have heard rumours of people being offended but these are normally urban legends,being offended is for bedwetters.

when you feel like it,and when you get a chance perhaps you could tell me when you said "reporters are supposed to report news, not generate it". which reporter you were referring to?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ok Dave thanks for the feedback,i am always looking to improve the service i provide to NSC and comments like yours enable me to evaluate and enhance my contributions.

It's good to see people trying to improve their contributions to NSC. Unfortunately, in this instance, your attempts to appear smarter than other posters have failed. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Im slightly miffed you think i am offended with your interpretation of our little chat,im not sure i have ever been offended in my entire life,i have heard rumours of people being offended but these are normally urban legends,being offended is for bedwetters.

when you feel like it,and when you get a chance perhaps you could tell me when you said "reporters are supposed to report news, not generate it". which reporter you were referring to?

So, now the 'amusing' waffle response!!
Maybe the journalist alleged in the report? Maybe the 'journalist that this thread is about? As I said previously, I do not know for sure if it was a journalist or not. However, at first look, it would seem possible. Which part of that is confusing you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here